Should I Facebook these two women in my science class?

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

muslimmetalhead
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2012, 4:14 pm

Okay, the first one I feel particularly pissed at myself about.
We're both sophomores, and our science class is for 9th graders (because we took biology last year at our old schools). She moved in the summer, I moved February last year in 9th grade.

So anyways, I acted normal with her (ignored each other) until I met her in an after-school club (anime club, cuz i thought it was easy). I felt stupid standing by her as she politely told me to f**k off.
Basically, she said in an annoyed tone, "Oh, you're in my science class" without looking at me.
i felt stupid and I shouldn't have done that.

Then we met in the public library. I was on the computer (i['m actually there right now) and she came up to me alone and tried to be friendly. I didn't know what I was doing. I looked up once and looked back down. I ignored her and pretended to look nervous. Looking back, the anime club was probably meeting in the library that day (Sunday after church, where they all love going) and she wanted to be nice and take me there.

The extremely stupid part which I sometimes feel like jumping off a bridge for is staring in the middle of class. Like 7 times. I just realized that I could be considered a sexual offender. i feel disgusting. She minds me whenever I'm around.

I hate myself and don't know what to do.

Chick #2:

Not a huge problem, but she's a freshman. Sometimes she walks by me in the halls.
So we had a lab today, and I fill out water from a sink. Her group was working there, and they wouldn't move out of the way. After standing there like an idiot, she got up and asked me if I needed help.

It was awkward and eventually I found a way around, but I don't know what to do now. There was a misunderstanding and I want to politely tell her what I was thinking.

She's extremely kind and considerate and (since i have an aide) probably realizes my disability.
She sits two seats down from me (with a space in between)

So..yeah.
I need serious help; also, even though I've matured a lot since the beginning of the year (from 12 to maybe 14 neurotypical, this is really good)

lilbetta
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

02 May 2012, 4:32 pm

Yes do it

BMctav
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

02 May 2012, 4:43 pm

Questions:

1) What do you mean by Facebook them? Add them as friends? Or contact them?
2) I don't understand why you would want to contact them based on the interactions you have written about. What would be your motivation for contacting them?

muslimmetalhead
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2012, 4:57 pm

BMctav wrote:
Questions:

1) What do you mean by Facebook them? Add them as friends? Or contact them?
2) I don't understand why you would want to contact them based on the interactions you have written about. What would be your motivation for contacting them?

1 Contact i meant
2 My motivation is that I feel like i confused them and/or hurt their feelings
Also i cant get them to talk alone

1000Knives
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2012, 5:31 pm

You've probably not massively offended them in anyway. At most they've spent like a minute and a half thinking about anything you've done to them at all ever. And no, you can't be considered a sex offender for staring, jeez. But yeah, explaining in detail why you're awkward without being asked to generally makes you seem more awkward. So just let it be, and yeah.

muslimmetalhead
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2012, 6:19 pm

1000Knives wrote:
You've probably not massively offended them in anyway. At most they've spent like a minute and a half thinking about anything you've done to them at all ever. And no, you can't be considered a sex offender for staring, jeez. But yeah, explaining in detail why you're awkward without being asked to generally makes you seem more awkward. So just let it be, and yeah.

Im not explaining AS to them, they already seem to get that.
Also my aide makes me stand out BADLY

Yes, but she seems extremely irritated with me (the first one i mean).

And the second one idk but it feels not bad to do it.

Delphiki
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2012, 6:46 pm

Check how many friends they have. If they have 800+ they probably will not think twice before adding you.

muslimmetalhead
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2012, 7:06 pm

Delphiki wrote:
Check how many friends they have. If they have 800+ they probably will not think twice before adding you.

BAH! I am just messaging them.

They've got like 200 friends.

BMctav
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

03 May 2012, 4:37 am

I would urge you not to contact them, especially the first girl. There's no need. From what you've written most of the angst/confusion is with you and she's probaby not aware or cares about that. I don't mean that too sound harsh, but because you are not close with them and don't really have a relationship with them why would they care or want to know that you are confused and feel a bit weird about them?

I 100% would never mention that you feel like a sex offender because you've been staring at her, that would freak the **** out and that kind of language could land you in trouble even if you didn't mean literally.

PastFixations
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2012, 4:58 am

You've got nothing to lose and maybe gain a friendship or two.
The second girl was trying to help you and I think she could be a good friend if you communicate about yourself.

www.wrongplanet.net/postp5013377.html&h ... t=#5013377

Sora: "My friends are my power."

Ventus: "I'm asking you as a friend. Just... put an end to me."