Page 174 of 276 [ 4407 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 171, 172, 173, 174, 175, 176, 177 ... 276  Next

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2017, 7:53 pm

More Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon.

"A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel...As long as I'm with you, as long as you're by my side, I won't give up even if I'm scared." Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

Misery
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2017, 5:35 am

Spelunky.

I swear, this game is SO much more fun to watch than it is to play.

Always looks like such a blast. But I hate about 75% of it's mechanics.

Enigmatic_Oddity
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2017, 6:08 am

I've got two weeks off work. Though I have a ton of other more productive things that need doing... I feel like I may spend too much time getting back into Elite: Dangerous.

Victor1985
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

17 Oct 2017, 12:13 am

I mean I did dip into resi 6 again but that thing is poor, I'm playing metro last light.

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2017, 12:17 am

Dragon Age Inquisition (again)
Pokemon X - trying to get shiny Pokemon to trade for legendary Pokemon to complete my Pokedex
Pokemon Y (again), because I wanted to do something besides hatching eggs trying for shiny Pokemon
The Sims 4 - I'm trying the Legacy challenge. I tried it once before but got bored of playing the same family before I finished, trying again now.

Yet in my new wildness and freedom I almost welcome the bitterness of alienage. For although nepenthe has calmed me, I know always that I am an outsider; a stranger in this century and among those who are still men.
-H. P. Lovecraft, "The Outsider"

foxant
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

17 Oct 2017, 8:10 pm

gta vice city, manhunt and american macagee alice. and some visuals novels

Special Interest: memes

staremaster
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2017, 5:04 am

Recently finisheshed Project: Overkill and Medal of Honor 2010. Thinking about getting back into GTA 4. I remember the meh gunfighting and stupid missions annoyed the hell out of me, but I do like the driving mechanics with the 360 controller.

Sancthuary
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

18 Oct 2017, 8:58 pm

How about Kerbal Space Program? I often spend a hour for design aircraft.
Also with the BDarmory Mod for KSP to turn from Space Program Simulation to Combat Aircraft Construction simulation :D

staremaster
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2017, 10:15 pm

Sancthuary wrote:
How about Kerbal Space Program? I often spend a hour for design aircraft.
Also with the BDarmory Mod for KSP to turn from Space Program Simulation to Combat Aircraft Construction simulation :D

I watched a video; looks like fun, but I must satisfy my desire to drive around listening to mean jokes about Americans.

Misery
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2017, 5:37 am

More Spelunky. Able to get through more consistently now.

Got to Olmec. Was nearly about to beat him.

Promptly got glitched to death. Just to be sure, I checked the wiki for that fight: The one and only known bug is indeed exactly what happened.

I shall attempt not to murder anything in anger, but I may not be successful.

EDIT: Or he went down on the very next run. Okay.

Enigmatic_Oddity
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2017, 12:28 am

I bought into the early alpha of OrbusVR, due to come out soon into Steam Early Access. As far as I'm aware it's the first MMORPG to be released for VR and from what I've played so far I've had fun.

There's lots of really neat ideas and interactions, like being able to bodyblock mobs as a warrior tank from reaching squishy party members, and as the warrior abilities are tied to combos, where you slash your enemies in certain directions to do abilities. For example, to pull off your aggro combo you slash leftward, rightward then upwards, then once you have aggro you should aim to keep a slowing debuff on your target, which is an upward, rightward, leftward then upward slash. That lasts for a few seconds so you can weave in damage combos before you have to refresh the slowing debuff.

I want to learn how to do magic, but I have yet to do the quests that take me down that path. It seems really fun, with mages being able to cast any magic they want as long as they know how to draw the required runes, not requiring any sort of resource. And by know, I mean not an ingame learnt skill, but just knowing how to draw it. So it's not unusual to see mages about in the game, teaching each other different spells, or hanging around in town teaching each other how to produce fireworks.

It takes a lot of good ideas from other games, such as telegraphed area of effect attacks from mobs (WOW with addons or FFXIV). It has FFXIV style classes where you can play as any class, you just have to change your weapon, and XP is seperate for each class. It also has some twists on old school style mechanics that I haven't seen for a while, (probably mainly because I've tended to play more casual MMOs) such as open PVP areas with death making you drop all your non-equipped items, and bounty systems for player killers where PKs need to basically stay away from civilisation until they are killed for their bounty or the bounty on their head clears. It also does a many things differently which suit the gameplay; questgivers will tell you what they need of you and how to do it, but you never have anything like quest markers. Instead you have a compass and map and you have to rely on the directions of the questgiver and your ability to read a map to get there. See a waterfall with a bridge to the east when atop that cliffside? Check your map - you'll find that landmark and can use that to figure out where to go next.

This is the sort of game I've been really looking forward to in VR, and it shows a lot of promise.

Also I finished The Gallery - Episode 2 yesterday. Reminded me of why I loved the first game so much, but it was much longer, took me four hours to finish. The game still reminds me a lot of Myst and The Dig. Can't wait for the third episode, but I have a feeling it will take a while given how long this one took. It does have some performance issues though that need to be worked out - currently there's an issue bottlenecking frame rate and it seems to be CPU or memory related.

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2017, 5:15 pm

Pokemon Blue Rescue Team.

"A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel...As long as I'm with you, as long as you're by my side, I won't give up even if I'm scared." Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

staremaster
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2017, 5:37 pm

Really enjoying GTA4. Sinking my teeth into the combat system, progresing the storyline, the plot thickens lol

Lace-Bane
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2017, 8:31 pm

“battleborn” trial... favorite characters were ernest, isic(dressed as claptrap), and thorn. only tried them in training mode since the trial, otherwise, only allowed online competitive modes.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2017, 7:01 am

Psyching myself up to play a really fun game called "clean up the mousey that your kitty had WAYYY too much fun with, and try not to lose your lunch" =(

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2017, 7:06 pm

Pokemon Blue Rescue Team. I'm acing the game by playing as a Skitty with Thunderbolt, Sing, Assist, and Double-Slap, and a Tight Belt i got through Wonder Mail codes.