Page 168 of 275 [ 4399 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 165, 166, 167, 168, 169, 170, 171 ... 275  Next

gumstip
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

09 Aug 2017, 6:22 pm

The Sims 3 for the Xbox 360.
It's like the PC Version but you only have 6 sims and if you put too much stuff in your house, it apparently lights on fire (never tried that :lol: )

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2017, 11:29 am

I finally finished Rune Factory 4 at over 250 hours of playtime, and what did i immediately do after that? I transferred save data to a new game... :lol:

"A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel...As long as I'm with you, as long as you're by my side, I won't give up even if I'm scared." Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2017, 12:56 pm

I'm playing the sit & wait on machines & listen to turntablism game.

It's like Jet Set Radio Future minus adrenaline.

-Gem Tos :mrgreen:

Skilpadde
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2017, 6:32 pm

Dragon Quest VIII. These games are second only to Pokemon, and as good as Rune Factory. I got it for my birthday but I haven't had much time to play it until recently. I'm 29 hours in and my team is now at 31, 30, 28 and 27 IIRC. I'm on my way back to Trodain with the Moonshadow Harp.

love you and miss you, dear boy

Stop the wolf kills! https://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeact ... 3091429765

Zaarin
Raven
Raven

13 Aug 2017, 9:20 pm

I'm currently playing Pyre (best game of the year so far, IMO) and replaying Dragon Age: Origins, Dragon Age: Inquisition, BioShock Infinite, Jade Empire, and Goodbye Deponia. I usually don't get involved in so many games at once--especially RPGs--but I'm bored.

--"Galadriel's Song of Eldamar"

Almajo88
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

15 Aug 2017, 2:37 pm

Sonic Mania

Essentially it's the Saturn sequel to Sonic 3 & Knuckles that never happened, but with the caveat that most of the stages are remixed versions of levels from 1, CD, 2 and 3&K. That's not a complaint because my favourite levels are the remixes, which begin very similarly to the original stages but evolve through the first act to the point where it's a whole new stage with new gimmicks. They typically feature better level design and I'm going to go out on a limb and say that this is because the level designers were free to experiment with less reliance on artists. The new stages are a mixed bag and clash with the style of the rest of the game, looking more like Freedom Planet minus the flair. They had a lot of fun with the bosses and there are a lot of interesting gimmicks as well as a few points where they went beyond their capabilities; the fourth zone's boss stands out as being down to luck whether the game works as intended. I've just finished the sixth zone which is by a mile the best Sonic level I've ever played and an incredible callback to one of the classic games. It even has a tight narrative with the intro, act 1 end, and boss tying together neatly. Can't wait to begin on the second half of the game. Any Sonic fans should definitely pick this up from their nearest digital download now.

SilverBoltsisWmax
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

15 Aug 2017, 2:48 pm

I just mostly play league. And Tales games whenever I get sick of league for a bit.

Almajo88
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

15 Aug 2017, 7:03 pm

Sonic Mania

Here's the second half of my Sonic Mania review, having now finished the latter half of the game.

Honestly, it was disappointing. They ran out of time and it really shows. There are no intros or outros to the levels, whereas the first half was very careful to establish reasons for your characters to be in different areas -- Robotnik appeared to have an emerald that teleports you to a different time and place. In the latter six zones you simply appear in the next area after the end-of-level screen. The remix zones are still of a very high quality, but the new zones are uniformly mediocre. The final zone is thematically appropriate but tonally bizarre, and a downgrade from the previous zone, which is a remix of a zone with the same theme.

It's still far beyond something like Sonic 4, even at its lowest moments, and any Sonic fan should play it. It could have been so much better though! I think the game needed a higher budget and a different developer team supporting Christian Whitehead, Headcannon et al

Boxman108
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2017, 1:15 pm

Picked up Yakuza 6 again only to get stuck not long after. I can't recall but I think it's the first time in this one there hasn't been an objective marker...been all over the area and run into a handful of sidequests but can't seem to find what I'm meant to do. If only I knew japanese. Maybe I'll look up some videos but it's hard to know where I am after 20-ish hours.

Also replaying Pokemon Heart Gold after years. Usually manage to get by with only a couple strong ones but I'm taking my time to collect a bunch and try out different ones this time.

While someone else is eating or opening a window or
just walking dully along...

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2017, 7:36 am

Taking a little break from AD&D this week to play Zelda II: The Adventure of Link.

I have to use save states to make any progress during work breaks...I haven't decided yet if I'm going to force myself not to cheat in the final palace =| Ugh.

JaredGTALover
Toucan
Toucan

17 Aug 2017, 9:36 am

Boxman108 wrote:
Picked up Yakuza 6 again only to get stuck not long after. I can't recall but I think it's the first time in this one there hasn't been an objective marker...been all over the area and run into a handful of sidequests but can't seem to find what I'm meant to do. If only I knew japanese. Maybe I'll look up some videos but it's hard to know where I am after 20-ish hours.

Also replaying Pokemon Heart Gold after years. Usually manage to get by with only a couple strong ones but I'm taking my time to collect a bunch and try out different ones this time.

right now,i playing Tenchu Z,because i'm avoiding an Ex-Girlfriend :ninja: :ninja: :ninja: :ninja: :ninja: :ninja: because of how pressured i was into going out with her & would've avoided a girl from school the same way if that 'opposite sex social encounter' happened with her :ninja: :ninja: :ninja: :ninja: :ninja: :ninja:

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2017, 2:12 pm

League of Legends, as usual.

Though I would like if I could find one or two good fantasy games for my PS3 that are third person(first person view makes me nauseous) and not turn based. But I never seem to have much luck with that...I did find a cool alice in wonderland type came called Alice:Madness returns, that one was fun.

Almajo88
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

18 Aug 2017, 6:48 pm

I've been playing Sonic Mania even more. I was pretty unfair in my second sesh, I played through the second half of the game while tired off my nut but I've now done two further playthroughs as Knuckles and Tails. I plan to do a Knuckles & Knuckles playthrough next, and then hit some time trials.

First of all, the new levels. Studiopolis is good, and the second act of Mirage Saloon is one of the best acts in the game and the Knuckles act 1 is great. Press Garden act 1 is still a mess, I guess there's a printing press in the background but the theming is so weak! The shading in this level is awful, it all looks really amateur. The second act is better but I still don't love it. Titanic Monarch suffers from following up a superior metal themed zone, with poor shading, more linear level design and a dependency on trite gimmicks.

The music is entirely great. All of Tee Lopes' music is great and I love the opening cinematic music by Hyper Potions (and the animation by Tyson Hesse is incredibly on-point as far as replicating the appeal of the original Japanese artwork)

Obviously, Christian Whitehead's work recreating the original games' physics, visuals and feel is praiseworthy to an extreme. The extension of that work towards creating a Saturn-esque sequel is commendable. I love the primitive 3D that the game uses most notable in Stardust Speedway act 2 boss as you rise up the tower, and Robotnik at the top.

The remade levels are generally strong. I'm a big fan of Stardust Speedway. Metallic Madness was good and the second act music might be my favourite in the game.

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2017, 7:29 pm

More Rune Factory 4! At this rate, I'll finish 2/3rds of the game before an in-game month is completed! :D

"A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel...As long as I'm with you, as long as you're by my side, I won't give up even if I'm scared." Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

LaurenLissa
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

18 Aug 2017, 11:10 pm

Finally picking up Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance after a four year hiatus.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2017, 6:32 am

Almajo88 wrote:
Obviously, Christian Whitehead's work recreating the original games' physics, visuals and feel is praiseworthy to an extreme.

If that's who I think it is, he reverse-engineered everything by disassembling Sonic 2.