Page 169 of 276 [ 4407 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 166, 167, 168, 169, 170, 171, 172 ... 276  Next

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2017, 6:32 am

Almajo88 wrote:
Obviously, Christian Whitehead's work recreating the original games' physics, visuals and feel is praiseworthy to an extreme.

If that's who I think it is, he reverse-engineered everything by disassembling Sonic 2.

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2017, 7:42 pm

I finally caught a superior Bulbasaur in P-Go

Skilpadde
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2017, 8:47 pm

Dragon Quest VIII. Seeing Boris the dog whimper at his owner's side was so sad... Now I'm about to chase the possessed Leopold but I have taken on a side quest going to Dragon Graveyard which is what I'll be doing once I get the game back on. I just gotta find out how to get there first! :lol:

love you and miss you, dear boy

Stop the wolf kills! https://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeact ... 3091429765

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2017, 4:05 pm

More Rune Factory 4! :lol: According to the Activity Log, I've played for nearly 300 hours.

"A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel...As long as I'm with you, as long as you're by my side, I won't give up even if I'm scared." Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2017, 12:33 pm

Anyone else still playing P-Go?

I hope someone can contradict or confirm what I read, that gym battles don't give the Pokemon any XP. IOW, I have no way to increase their CP besides using stardust. True or false?

I feel a little disappointed, and my suspension of disbelief got dented when I read that. At least they have kept a running total of battles won by each Pokemon. Maybe they can add that feature later? It seems at odds with one of the main themes of the show, and it seems easy to include. I don't understand.

Victor1985
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

25 Aug 2017, 2:45 pm

GTA V and fallout 4.

Insert Name Here
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

25 Aug 2017, 7:05 pm

I've been playing Overwatch a lot lately. I just finished Skyrim again and often play all Call of Duty zombies maps.

Ichinin
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2017, 12:07 pm

Most of the time - Fallout 4, finally got enough monthly quota (200 GB) on my 4G wireless to download it.

But i try to vary with ESO: Morrowind and Watchdogs 2.

Almajo88
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

27 Aug 2017, 5:19 pm

SabbraCadabra wrote:
Almajo88 wrote:
Obviously, Christian Whitehead's work recreating the original games' physics, visuals and feel is praiseworthy to an extreme.

If that's who I think it is, he reverse-engineered everything by disassembling Sonic 2.

I'm not sure exactly what he did, but his work was made without access to any source afaik; he wasn't employed by Sega until he presented them with part of a Sonic CD port, which was later developed into the (incredible) mobile Sonic CD port. There was definitely some obsessive work put into recreating the physics of Sonic, and given that he worked on the Sonic 1 & 2 ports, they may have formed the basis for Sonic Mania.

Incidentally, there is strong speculation that the lack of any Sonic 3 & Knuckles port and the omission of some iconic S3&K levels from remakes is due to the music, which is highly likely to have been created by Michael Jackson and which may be subject to some disproportionate requests from the Jackson estate, given his high value. That claim is entirely speculation, of course, but it's what I have to assume.

Also, the true ending of Sonic Mania is almost certainly a tie-in to the upcoming Sonic Forces.

I've been playing SMT4. I've played a couple of times with the intention of getting the neutral path, and this time, it will actually happen.

Victor1985
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

27 Aug 2017, 6:41 pm

I stopped playing the sonic games the first time they went 3D

Still playing fallout 4 and loving it I just hope to Christ I never get bored. One bad thing to me was that it just ruined 3 and New Vegas forever; I can't go back to the old engine. It looks like a budget ps2 title to me.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2017, 7:03 pm

Almajo88 wrote:
I'm not sure exactly what he did, but his work was made without access to any source afaik...

Sega doesn't have any source for Sonic anymore anyway =) Nor a lot of other games.

There's a lot of interesting (but sad) stories about Sega's offices running out of room, so all of the archive stuff got thrown in dumpsters. Some employees grabbed stuff before it went, some people jumped in the dumpsters...some stuff has slowly made its way to The Hidden Palace. Who knows where the rest of it all is.

http://forums.lostlevels.org/viewtopic.php?t=1789

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2017, 9:36 pm

The Sims :)

Hi! I'm Stampy (not the actual YouTuber, just a fan!) and I have been diagnosed professionally with ASD and OCD and likely have TS. If you have any questions or just want to talk, please feel free to PM me!

Current Interests: Stampy Cat, AGT, and Medicine

CzigBot
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

28 Aug 2017, 12:24 am

Mostly bored of the games I have, not looking forward to many upcoming games either. I've been playing Children of a Dead Earth every now and then, switched my missiles from lox/silane to N2O4/Hydrazine, slightly less performance but a missile using hypergolic and storable propellant is more realistic. Still waiting for the game to update and hopefully add smaller guidance computers and explicit user-designed sensors so I can get rid of that massive 1 kg abstracted computer/sensors (The entire missile is only 2.16 kg in terminal stage).

Almajo88
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

29 Aug 2017, 7:06 pm

Victor1985 wrote:
I stopped playing the sonic games the first time they went 3D

You know Mania is basically the same as the old Mega Drive games, though? Slightly enhanced but still the same visual style and gameplay. It's like the real sequel they should have gotten on the Saturn.

Though I'll admit to liking the 3D games. At least, I like Adventure 1 and 2. Heroes was so mediocre as to be less fun than something genuinely terrible, by which I mean Shadow, which was too funny and terrible to be forgettable. 06 was a laugh, Unleashed was 1/4 great, Colours was good, Generations was amazing and Lost World was basically fine. I just wish they would stop revealing new things about Forces because every new thing makes me lose a little more hope. There's always this, anyway https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=faf9hMAqCfs (probably better than the real song)

I've spent a lot of time playing SMT4. I will get the neutral path this time!

Enigmatic_Oddity
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2017, 4:17 am

I'm still playing through Clannad, 60 hours in and seven lights obtained. However, I will have to pause my run through Clannad because today Sonic Mania and the XCOM 2 expansion came out. Honestly have no idea how many hours I will sink into both, particularly the latter.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2017, 6:59 am

Almajo88 wrote:
It's like the real sequel they should have gotten on the Saturn.

I think Chris Senn's Sonic X-treme (the fish-eye lense game) would've been pretty cool, and it's sad that the main reason it got cancelled was because Sega of Japan were shown the wrong demo.