Page 182 of 276 [ 4407 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 179, 180, 181, 182, 183, 184, 185 ... 276  Next

Almajo88
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

10 Feb 2018, 9:02 pm

Enigmatic_Oddity wrote:
After finally figuring a way to get PS4 streaming to my handheld PC I've resumed playing Persona 5. The game really works better for me as a portable game. I'm at the end of November and I think it's nearing the end.

They NEED to release a Switch version. Playing anywhere else is tiring!

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2018, 9:39 pm

GTA1 and I don't know why :|

Was playing Steamworld Heist a bit, too :)

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2018, 2:03 pm

In Pokemon news, I took down a criminal organization, saved the world, caught a legendary Pokemon in a very weak Poke Ball, got to Victory Road, and then realized that my Pokemon were at least six or even ten levels underlevelled.

Oops.

"A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel...As long as I'm with you, as long as you're by my side, I won't give up even if I'm scared." Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

mawilegirl
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

11 Feb 2018, 6:01 pm

Sonic Advance 2, Yay!!

Level 2 ASD diagnosed

diablo
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

11 Feb 2018, 7:46 pm

Duke Dukem Forever.

Better than expected, though it certainly had some extreme sillyness. Like slapping alien boobs mounted on the wall increases your ego score.

jon85
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

12 Feb 2018, 6:41 am

A mix of Minecraft PS4 and World of Warcraft

Stunning Images On T-Shirts, Homeware and More!!

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2018, 8:37 am

diablo wrote:
Duke Dukem Forever.

Better than expected, though it certainly had some extreme sillyness. Like slapping alien boobs mounted on the wall increases your ego score.

I thought the demo wasn't that bad, but I remember there being something really broken with mouse controls. Judging from the unpopularity of the game, I wouldn't be surprised if it never got fixed =/

I did buy it when it was on sale, though. I think I bought the expansion pack, too.

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2018, 4:20 pm

I beat a random guy online who had three legendaries, including Arceus. I beat him with my Gardevoir, Florges, and Gallade. The power of love, a gentle spirit, and a noble warrior won against an angry god. How about that.

"A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel...As long as I'm with you, as long as you're by my side, I won't give up even if I'm scared." Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

diablo
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

12 Feb 2018, 8:29 pm

SabbraCadabra wrote:
diablo wrote:
Duke Dukem Forever.

I thought the demo wasn't that bad, but I remember there being something really broken with mouse controls. Judging from the unpopularity of the game, I wouldn't be surprised if it never got fixed =/

I did buy it when it was on sale, though. I think I bought the expansion pack, too.

Just realized I got 'nukem' wrong, lol. It's a pretty easy game that continues the raunchiness of Duke 3d from back in the day. I think most of the criticism was because of this and it copies ideas from other movies and games, but as a general FPS it's a good time waster. 7/10

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2018, 8:21 am

Yeah, most people hated the raunchiness, they said it didn't really belong in today's world, but I thought that was the point of the series (well, from 3D onwards at least). I've heard that it actually was pretty bad though, to be a female who worked at 3D Realms.

On a separate thread, it would be pretty awesome if they ever released the original beta versions of the game, before they decided that they had been working on it so long that the graphics had become severely dated. I know they had one that ran in the Unreal Engine, I want to say there was an older version of the game that ran on Quake 2?

Harker
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2018, 5:32 pm

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2018, 6:18 pm

I need to replay that some day, maybe on the Dreamcast. I remember there was something wrong with the PC version, so I had to play it on the PSX.

Heck, I still need to go back and finish AitD 2 and 3, though.

Harker
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2018, 7:18 pm

SabbraCadabra wrote:
I need to replay that some day, maybe on the Dreamcast. I remember there was something wrong with the PC version, so I had to play it on the PSX.

Heck, I still need to go back and finish AitD 2 and 3, though.

I used to own 1 through 4 years ago and recently bought them again on GOG.com when they were on sale for $3 total. ($1.49 for 1 through 3 and $1.49 for 4. They're back up to $5.99 each now.) 4 won't play right on my Windows 10 PC, and it seems to be that way with everyone else. Someone on YouTube showed how to patch the disc version but it doesn't work with the digital version.

So I just said "screw it" and downloaded the PS1 version of 4 on my PS3 through PSN and I've been playing that instead. Works fine, though the limited saves and not being able to save anywhere is maddening.

Almajo88
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

13 Feb 2018, 9:39 pm

I've just been playing the Shadow of the Colossus remake.

I played the PS2 original when it came out, but I was a dumb-as-hell teenager at the time and simply wrote it off because I didn't think it was fun to play. To be fair, I was right; it's not a fun game, or even a good game. That said, I'm now able to appreciate everything else, and I actually cried after bringing down the first colossus. Even moving around the world requires a sort of guilt-resource, measured in horse kicks. Without spoiling anything, this is a heavy game.

jon85
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

14 Feb 2018, 6:33 am

Harker wrote:

I LOVED this game!!

I think I had been playing it for a week when I got stuck at a certain point (it was back in the day when home pc's were very expensive and we couldn't afford one) so in absolute frustration, I took myself off to the shopping centre to buy the guide, used the guide to complete the game and did it in less than 48hrs. I was well disappointed lol

Stunning Images On T-Shirts, Homeware and More!!

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2018, 8:22 am

Harker wrote:
4 won't play right on my Windows 10 PC, and it seems to be that way with everyone else. Someone on YouTube showed how to patch the disc version but it doesn't work with the digital version.

I didn't know there was a fix for it. I was probably on Win98 or 2000 at the time, so it's not just Windows 10 that has issues with it =) But like I said, I can't even remember what the problem was.

Most disc-based games on GoG work by mounting an ISO or BIN/CUE, it might be called aitd.gog or something like that. Whenever I have trouble with a game, I check the game's personal forum at GoG, they usually have pretty good resources.

I think I just have AitD 2, 4, and 5, but I feel like I may have bought the other two at GoG at some point.

Almajo88 wrote:
I played the PS2 original when it came out, but I was a dumb-as-hell teenager at the time and simply wrote it off because I didn't think it was fun to play.

I have the PS2 version also, I got it from a bargain bin I think when K-Mart was closing. Tried playing it a bit, but the terrible framerate scared me off. I might give it another try some day.