Page 176 of 276 [ 4406 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 173, 174, 175, 176, 177, 178, 179 ... 276  Next

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2017, 3:51 pm

I usually name/design my party members after Final Fantasy heroes. :P It's too bad that there's only one save file per cartridge, and that the online shop was discontinued.

"A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel...As long as I'm with you, as long as you're by my side, I won't give up even if I'm scared." Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2017, 6:05 pm

There's a way to fake the store, but I don't remember the details, I'll have to look it up.

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2017, 6:52 pm

Oh, that's great. Thanks.

By the way, what weapons/skills do you use most often when you play DQIX? [if you can remember, but if not, that's okay, too]. My heroes always use swords. It's traditional.

"A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel...As long as I'm with you, as long as you're by my side, I won't give up even if I'm scared." Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2017, 9:09 pm

Let's see, my hero is a level 54 Minstrel, equipment is currently:
Aurora blade / Tempest shield / Scholar's circlet / Swinedimples blazer / Magic mittens / Swinedimples slacks / Gigasteel sabatons / Life ring

I usually use swords, my sword skill is maxed at 100, Gigaslash is a nice attack. I usually wear the Swinedimples clothes, and a helmet that doesn't hide his mohawk, but I'll upgrade anything else. I might switch my armor if I need for a boss, though.

Other vocation levels are Mage Lv. 8 / Martial Artist Lv. 18 / Thief Lv. 33. I have a feeling I only did those levels to unlock the quests, or certain abilities. I should probably do more.

I didn't get to play much last night because my battery was too low, so I switched over to the GBA side after item farming for a short bit.

I'll have to look up the stats for my previous character.

Last edited by SabbraCadabra on 06 Nov 2017, 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2017, 9:16 pm

Whenever I get around to playing it again, I think I'll go grotto exploring. One of the most fun things about this game is that I get to dress up the characters in silly outfits. :lol:

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2017, 8:28 am

Kuraudo7777 wrote:
Whenever I get around to playing it again, I think I'll go grotto exploring.

Yeah, I really liked the grottos. I wish I had more, but the prototypical "streetpass" style function in that game wasn't very convenient. I might have more of them on my pirated game save, but I'm not sure if there's a way to trade them over, really...I'll have to look into it.

I was playing some more last night, and I forgot that some of the quests are impossible to do without extra party members (like "stun a monster with War cry before killing it" has to be in the same round). I think tonight I might actually do what that flapping fairy says and continue the main flapping quest =P

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2017, 11:03 am

I try to limit the amount of quests I do for each playthrough [usually the ones that give the most useful rewards, or the ones that I need for classes/weapons] instead of trying to do as many as I can for no reason other than completion-ist-drive.
During one playthrough, I tried a test to see how far I could get with only buying the bare minimum of items/weapons/armor. My heroes had soldier's swords up to I think the Gleeban boss. Then I got enough alchemy ingredients to start alchemizing anything I needed. 8)

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2017, 8:18 am

Kuraudo7777 wrote:
...trying to do as many as I can for no reason other than completion-ist-drive.

Yeah, that's basically what I'm doing @_@ Trying to do as many quests as possible, trying to unlock all of the recipes, etc...there's just so much to do in this game...

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2017, 7:29 pm

Apparently one person got 100% completion. His total game time? Over 700 hours. 8O

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2017, 10:59 am

Yowza @_@

I am at 73:21 right now, only 7:19 in multiplayer. Leveling up a new class, BTW: Armamentalist Lv. 24.

Battle Victories: 1467
Times Alchemy Performed: 172
Accolades Earnt: 52
Quests Completed: 28
Guests Canvassed: 2

Ha ha, just loaded up my old save file, I was only 34:59, but 22:51 of that was entirely multiplayer. My friends were at around 130-140 hours (I've always been the slacker of the group).

I had Warrior Lv. 43, and Minstrel Lv. 23.

I miss playing this game multiplayer, it was really great.

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2017, 11:25 am

I've never played multiplayer on anything except the Smash Bros. games. I only have one gaming friend.
Do you have a favourite boss or favourite part of the story?

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2017, 9:32 am

Oh geeze, yeah, DQIX has some of the best multiplayer I've ever played, especially for an RPG. Basically you can all run around and do whatever you like, until there's some major event like a cutscene that has to be watched, or a boss that has to be fought. Otherwise, if you get into a battle, you can call your friends to come help, but if they don't want to they can ignore you. One player invites everyone else into their game, so only they get the progress, and vice versa if you decide to play in someone else's game. Red chests can only be opened by the main character, and blue chests (which get refilled every play) can be opened by anyone, and each player can open it once (I think the DS Phantasy Star was like that too). We also have a lot of fun goofing off with the B button actions, like whistling or clapping hands.

Favorite bosses or story, well it's been so long (and I'm not sure I even saw the entire game) so I'm not sure...but I know I always really liked the background story, how you're a Celestrial who fell, and nobody on whatever-the-planet-is-called knows who you are, even though they have statues of you and worship you.

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2017, 10:45 am

I need more friends, it seems [or someone who likes DQIX].

I like the Swinedimples boss, simply because it's so much fun for all 4 party members to use Magic Mirror so he just ends up hitting himself with his spells. :lol:

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2017, 8:02 am

Shouldn't be too hard to find someone who liked DQIX, just force them to play it and they'll quickly fall in love with it =)

I have a group of friends with whom I used to play videogames on a regular basis, but for the past few years we've been preoccupied with tabletop RPGs. As much as I love tabletops, sometimes I kind of miss just sitting around the TV, blowing things up.

I honestly don't remember a lot of the bosses...I've been doing a little bit of "zoom"-ing around, trying to remember where the good grinding spots and item spawns are, and I'll wind up in some town thinking "okay, some of this seems a little familiar..."

I always have that problem when I try getting back into a large game that I haven't played in a while. I'm almost afraid to jump on my ship and sail around, I'm sure it'll just be a huge waste of time.

Or, you know, I could just listen to that fairy and take some Fyggies back to the Observatory =)

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2017, 11:33 am

If only that would actually work...

I have the guidebook [nearly as big as a phone book and a half!], and I never play DQIX without it. It's very useful.

Marknis
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2017, 7:45 pm

Finally on the fourth disc of Final Fantasy IX. My vow is almost complete.