Page 166 of 276 [ 4407 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 163, 164, 165, 166, 167, 168, 169 ... 276  Next

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2017, 3:07 pm

Scribblenauts Unlimited! :jester: :mrgreen:
My first mission is to make a dynamic robotic triceratops with wheels for legs, and a spiky-haired ex-Soldier with an enormous sword. [Anyone who has played Final Fantasy VII might get those references.]

"A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel...As long as I'm with you, as long as you're by my side, I won't give up even if I'm scared." Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

Jory
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2017, 8:20 pm

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2017, 9:43 am

More Scribblenauts Unlimited. I'm really not used to playing games on the computer.

"A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel...As long as I'm with you, as long as you're by my side, I won't give up even if I'm scared." Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

SilverTiger
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

06 Jul 2017, 11:19 am

Playing Tekken 7 today C:

Enigmatic_Oddity
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2017, 6:25 pm

Nier Automata. Playing through the second route. Really like the game, despite a lot of weird design quirks and an AWFUL PC port job that puts it on par with the original Dark Souls. People like to complain about developers like Bethesda, but Bethesda has nothing on Japanese developers.

Mr.Robot
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2017, 11:04 am

Far Cry 4

blackicmenace
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2017, 11:51 am

GTA 5 online. Working on gunrunning equipment, gotta collect them all.

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2017, 12:18 pm

Tales of the Abyss.

Victor1985
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

14 Jul 2017, 7:40 pm

I'm playing aerobiz supersonic on my SNES emulator, and fallouts Vegas and 4.

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2017, 7:44 pm

How difficult is Ori and the Blind Forest? I might buy it eventually on Steam if it's not 'Nintendo hard'.

Enigmatic_Oddity
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2017, 2:10 am

Ori and the Blind Forest is difficult but not frustrating, being balanced around a mechanic where you can essentially save your game at any time outside of a few specific instances. Save scumming is not only encouraged but part of its core design. I haven't played many 2D platformers other than it since the 16-bit era, so it's difficult to for me to make comparisons to Nintendo platformers. I would say the game is as difficult as anything in Super Mario Bros 2 - The Lost Levels or the lost world stages in Donkey Kong Country 2 & 3, but because of the saving mechanic it's less likely you'll hit a wall with progression.

Though the game is structured like a Metroid or Castlevania game, its difficulty lies in its platforming rather than its combat. Its combat is really weak and is at its best when it exists only to serve the platforming - think bouncing off Koopas to get to higher platforms in Mario; this is how combat is best treated in game. I feel like it's a really unique take on the genre, since most of these styles of games focus on combat and character progression through getting new weapons and abilities, but in this most of your meaningful progression is tied to abilities that affect your mobility through the environment. The moment to moment gameplay reminds me more of Super Meat Boy than any other 2D platformer or Metroidvania I can think of.

Jory
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2017, 12:04 am

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2017, 1:27 pm

^^The visuals remind me of Studio Ghibli movies.

Enigmatic_Oddity
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2017, 4:32 pm

If you play it much more than the visuals will remind you of Ghibli films. I have to assume the developer is well versed and heavily influenced by Miyazaki's films.

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2017, 4:44 pm

The larger creature on the cover reminds me of No-Face.

Victor1985
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

16 Jul 2017, 8:23 pm

I finished fallout 4, just started MGS V.
Also, ive been playing my new PSone emulator, I started Parasite Eve.