Page 171 of 276 [ 4406 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 168, 169, 170, 171, 172, 173, 174 ... 276  Next

staremaster
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2017, 6:44 am

I've been playing some Fallout 1, and trying to complete a run of MGS2. Fun games to switch between.

Chloe Thomas
Butterfly
Butterfly

11 Sep 2017, 2:01 pm

I like different netent games. Recently I have started playing twin spin, and I should say, this game is rather addictive :) At first glance, there is nothing special in it, but when you begin playing, it is hard to stop. Also I play casual games from time to time. My favourite one is Haunted Hotel: Silent Waters.

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2017, 10:20 am

Radiant Historia. It's easily in my top seven favourite games, and I'm replaying it to pass the time while I wait for the 3DS remake I ordered [Radiant Historia: Perfect Chronology] to come from Japan. I'm on the sixth chapter, so I'll probably be done long before it arrives.

"A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel...As long as I'm with you, as long as you're by my side, I won't give up even if I'm scared." Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

DeepHour
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2017, 10:16 pm

Twilight Warrior

The first two levels are okay, then it goes downhill pretty fast. The game reminds me a bit of the Goldeneye Doom Total Conversion, but it's even worse.

https://www.doomworld.com/twilight/main.htm

Ichinin
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2017, 10:33 pm

Currently playing Stardew valley and replaying Fallout 4 in Survival mode.

staremaster
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2017, 1:14 pm

Alternating Final Fight with COD MW 1. I've always found these games difficult.

LegoMaster2149
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2017, 4:33 pm

I am playing nothing.

-LegoMaster2149 (Written on September 20, 2017)

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2017, 10:07 pm

I beat Miitopia some time ago but I'm still playing it every day. I'm trying to unlock all the clothing and weapons (preferably the clothing first), and each day in the game there are new characters in the Traveler's Hub who want me to help them with errands and quests, so that helps.

Just today I went on a quest with Prime Minister Trudeau, who wanted to find a non-violent way to make peace with the monsters. And of course he became a monster himself and I had to save him. :lol:

In case you don't know already, in Miitopia the Miis' faces, which you can design yourself or use ones other players have uploaded, are being stolen and put on monsters that were created by a villain called The Dark Lord, and destroying the monsters make the faces return to their owners. It's basically Tomadachi Life as a fantasy RPG. And because it has the Miis there's a lot of quirkiness and humor that make it one of the few RPGs I actually like. :)

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2017, 5:58 pm

I had been playing and just beat Metroid Samus Returns. It was actually pretty tough, there is not much like Metroid exploring and some tough Metroid bosses that can become manageable when you figure out how to play it. Like how there was a difficult boss in one area which was pretty tough, but it then becomes a mini boss multiple times in the next area, but I was actually pretty efficient against them then from figuring out the patterns. Yet the last two bosses were really palm sweating hard, but probably the way they should with such iconic battles, I don't remember the Metroid Queen being easy before.

Because I am in a Metroid mood, I was thinking that I might play some Metroid Prime, on a harder difficulty than I have previously.

Almajo88
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

23 Sep 2017, 6:21 pm

I've been very ineptly playing Tekken 7 online. I'm just no good at memorising and pulling off long aerial combos, memorising frame data or even general ideas on what and when to punish, basically anything remotely advanced

Also been replaying Tales of Symphonia on PC (the art style scales really well, game looks good at downsampled 4K on my 1080p screen) and Tales of the Abyss on 3DS -- I'm trying hard mode for the latter since it's altogether an easier game, depending on how much trouble I have with the second boss I might dial it down though

Tried replaying Resident Evil 4. Did they make this game harder? I'd always considered the unlockable difficulties to all be still too easy, but now on normal I keep getting killed and I got pissed off at missing an early treasure and not being able to fill out the beerstein so I quit for now.

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2017, 6:25 pm

I've got Tales of Symphonia on my laptop, but I haven't started it yet.

"A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel...As long as I'm with you, as long as you're by my side, I won't give up even if I'm scared." Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2017, 12:13 am

lostonearth35 wrote:
I beat Miitopia some time ago but I'm still playing it every day.

How does it compare with Tomadachi Life? I was thinking about getting it, but I'm not sure...maybe I should just download the demo and try it... =P

Almajo88
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

24 Sep 2017, 5:16 am

Kuraudo7777 wrote:
I've got Tales of Symphonia on my laptop, but I haven't started it yet.

It's great but a few things to remember. You'll get a better experience if you download the unofficial fix: https://steamcommunity.com/groups/SpecialK_Mods funny enough, Namco actually patched the game to integrate those fixes, but they still managed to screw it up and the game is horribly blurred no matter what without the fix.

There's a system in the game that is completely unexplained but very important. Each character has a T-S meter (technical and strike I think?) that determines which moves they learn. The meter's direction is affected by which type of EX Skill you have equipped, and it moves in that direction by bringing the relevent character into fights. You can change which type of moves someone learns by bringing the meter to the other side, but each move has an equivalent of the other type and they can't both be learned at once so you have to go in to the menu and 'forget' the other one. Every move can be relearned though, nothing is permanently lost. That might all seem convoluted, and you might as well just go with whatever your characters end up veering towards without thinking about the system especially on a first playthrough, but keep in mind that things like whether or not your healer gets a group heal spell depend on it.

And unlike Abyss there is no free run, so don't expect it.

Oh yeah, as an aside, it's notable that all of Symphonia's ports are based off of the Japanese PS2 release and not the original Gamecube version. The biggest downside is that the battles run at 30fps rather than then 60fps of the original.

Ichinin
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2017, 3:37 pm

Started playing Starbound again after watching a friend of mine stream it, showing what has happened during the last year.

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2017, 3:38 pm

^^Thanks.

I might play Metroid Zero Mission again.

Almajo88
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

28 Sep 2017, 4:51 pm

I played a little bit of Hollow Knight but I'm really not feeling it. I'm far from averse to metroidvania style games, but from what I played there is an overabundance of straight line level design and basic platforming. The lack of colour variance or saturation is really unappealing to me, I don't like the character's design, and the animations lack personality or impact, they have a real Newgrounds vector animation feel. So, I'm running in a direction, pressing square to make enemies disappear, picking up coins, while looking at a desaturated blue image. Frankly, that's boring.

Maybe this is on me, perhaps I didn't give the game enough time, people whose opinions I generally trust have told me that this game is good. For now though, I'd rather play Momodora 4 again.