Page 3 of 3 [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

TechnoDog
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2012, 9:19 pm

Stop letting the minority control the majority with bs & stand up for your rights. Longer you be push overs the more they will continue doing it. It is not determined by what you want it to be. It does not change reality. Without you they is no them.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5zTxUxFjLB0[/youtube]

?When you make a mistake, don't look back at it long. Take the reason of the thing into your mind and then look forward. Mistakes are lessons of wisdom. The past cannot be changed. The future is yet in your power.?

Last edited by TechnoDog on 10 May 2012, 9:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

glider18
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

10 May 2012, 9:31 pm

Removing comments on multiple threads tonight because I don't want to discuss philosophy as it is difficult for me to convey my beliefs in a way I want others to see them.

mglosenger
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

16 May 2012, 7:47 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
Well uhh I wouldn't say he doesn't do anything about it and since when is there a rule that says songs and albums have to give you a 'solution' to an issue the point is to express issues but no musician/singer has all the answers so all they can really do is put ideas and concepts out there for people to think about....also he and the other musicians who did the instruments put on an amazing show and that means a lot to all the Pink Floyd fans who were there. Yeah the music is depressing and there are negative emotions because that was their experience of life, so they made music about it and its music I really enjoy I find listening to such music theraputic....that said sometimes I'm not in the mood for Pink Floyd so I might go a while without listening to them but I can't imagine trashing all my albums, posters, shirts ect. and never listening to their music again.

Also I don't feel I have much of a choice about being angry or depressed......as for the anger I feel like I haven't expressed enough of it I've always been an extreme introvert so yeah I've put up with a lot that's angered me but just kept it to myself and suppressed it. As for the depression well I've been depressed for a very long time and its kind of hard to see the bright side when your whole world is black. But I'm still trying to live life regardless of that, I just don't think anyone should expect me to do it with a big smile on my face.

You are correct, I was unfair to say that Waters was only angry.. In particularly lately he has written and performed songs that are of a more optimistic nature.. although still based on the premise that the world is basically a bunch of jerks..

Waters' father was killed in WW2, and I'm sure that has colored his life in general..

The thing for me about Waters is that he ejected Barrett from the band, who yes was being more erratic, but then, after Barrett was gone, Waters wrote various songs that seem to be sarcastic stabs at the most optimistic elements of 60s art and he basically singlehandedly wrote 'Animals' which to me is a big whinefest.. And Dark Side of the Moon, while it has some musically enjoyable elements, is mostly a big whinefest. Hanging on in desperation is the English way blah blah. F you Waters.

It annoys me because Pink Floyd were expert engineers and yet all they could is whine while smoking endless marijuana and talking about crustless pies. Barrett was bluesy but at least he was poetic about it.

As far as not having a choice as to being angry or depressed, I used to believe this but I find that it is simply not true. I have control over my own mentality, no matter what happens (or seems to happen) externally, and to believe otherwise is to become a slave to some unknown (supposedly) external force. Being different is difficult, because somehow humans in general have some (generally) overriding desire to conform, but it is not impossible, and if it is HOW YOU REALLY FEEL, then it is actually more difficult to conform, and in fact, it will make a person depressed/angry to try to conform.

Overall, I suppose listening to Pink Floyd may have helped me back in the day, but I think I would have been better off if I would have just done what I wanted to do and accepted the punches and slings and arrows :) Of course, if I had done what I wanted, I'd be dead, and I wouldn't be here to type this to you today, although perhaps I would have influenced you from the 192301283812th dimension

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2012, 7:55 pm

mglosenger wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
Well uhh I wouldn't say he doesn't do anything about it and since when is there a rule that says songs and albums have to give you a 'solution' to an issue the point is to express issues but no musician/singer has all the answers so all they can really do is put ideas and concepts out there for people to think about....also he and the other musicians who did the instruments put on an amazing show and that means a lot to all the Pink Floyd fans who were there. Yeah the music is depressing and there are negative emotions because that was their experience of life, so they made music about it and its music I really enjoy I find listening to such music theraputic....that said sometimes I'm not in the mood for Pink Floyd so I might go a while without listening to them but I can't imagine trashing all my albums, posters, shirts ect. and never listening to their music again.

Also I don't feel I have much of a choice about being angry or depressed......as for the anger I feel like I haven't expressed enough of it I've always been an extreme introvert so yeah I've put up with a lot that's angered me but just kept it to myself and suppressed it. As for the depression well I've been depressed for a very long time and its kind of hard to see the bright side when your whole world is black. But I'm still trying to live life regardless of that, I just don't think anyone should expect me to do it with a big smile on my face.

You are correct, I was unfair to say that Waters was only angry.. In particularly lately he has written and performed songs that are of a more optimistic nature.. although still based on the premise that the world is basically a bunch of jerks..

Waters' father was killed in WW2, and I'm sure that has colored his life in general..

The thing for me about Waters is that he ejected Barrett from the band, who yes was being more erratic, but then, after Barrett was gone, Waters wrote various songs that seem to be sarcastic stabs at the most optimistic elements of 60s art and he basically singlehandedly wrote 'Animals' which to me is a big whinefest.. And Dark Side of the Moon, while it has some musically enjoyable elements, is mostly a big whinefest. Hanging on in desperation is the English way blah blah. F you Waters.

It annoys me because Pink Floyd were expert engineers and yet all they could is whine while smoking endless marijuana and talking about crustless pies. Barrett was bluesy but at least he was poetic about it.

Well I like all those albums...and I don't really see it as pointless whining I see it as great music with great lyrics but to each their own.

As far as not having a choice as to being angry or depressed, I used to believe this but I find that it is simply not true. I have control over my own mentality, no matter what happens (or seems to happen) externally, and to believe otherwise is to become a slave to some unknown (supposedly) external force. Being different is difficult, because somehow humans in general have some (generally) overriding desire to conform, but it is not impossible, and if it is HOW YOU REALLY FEEL, then it is actually more difficult to conform, and in fact, it will make a person depressed/angry to try to conform.

Well I find it's true for me...no matter how hard I've tried to control how I feel it does not really work, I just end up bottling things up only to come out later when something upsets me.

Overall, I suppose listening to Pink Floyd may have helped me back in the day, but I think I would have been better off if I would have just done what I wanted to do and accepted the punches and slings and arrows :) Of course, if I had done what I wanted, I'd be dead, and I wouldn't be here to type this to you today, although perhaps I would have influenced you from the 192301283812th dimension

I don't even know exactly what I want to do.