Page 4 of 4 [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

muslimmetalhead
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2012, 2:16 pm

NavySEAL83 wrote:
I know it's very rare, but are there any athletes on here with autism/AS? I play football and run track myself, and I fell as if I'm one of the only people with AS that does that.
I used to play soccer in the local youth club from age 7 to 11.

I currently am in conditioning for football (hope to make the varsity!)

I want to do track and field, XC, soccer, and swimming as well. I love the feeling of that endorphin rush as well as "SUCCESS!". I bond a little bit with my football team, but I'm mainly just there for the competition and training. It's fun.

OP, there is one other guy on my FB team (as far as I know) with AS and speech impediments. He gets along fine with the other guys and looks pretty normal to me.

He's a sophomore, year younger than me. And yeah, I do feel like "So I'm the only weird guy here".

Xena_Sophia
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

22 Jul 2012, 9:19 am

I play soccer and basketball, but I've played soccer longer and find it more enjoyable. I also participate in Voyageur rock climbing.

StarTrekker
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2012, 6:23 pm

I have recently taken up rock climbing. Because of my physical size (4' 11" and 87 lbs), lack of coordination, and tactile sensitivities, I have never enjoyed sports, but I finally decided I needed to get out and find some exercise I didn't hate, so choosing between swimming and climbing as the only two physical activities I didn't downright fail at, I went with climbing because I don't enjoy getting wet all that much. It's hard work, but a lot of fun, and none of my friends do it, so I'll finally have an area in which I can outrank them physically.

Thanks to Olympiadis for my fantastic avatar!

Vincent287
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

25 Mar 2013, 10:45 pm

I am a cornerback in my high schools american football team. I played JV last season but this season I hope I make varsity.