Do you wear the same clothes over and over?

Page 3 of 6 [ 90 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

philippepetit
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

30 May 2012, 11:03 pm

i wear the same clothes over and over because i'm poor and don't care that i look like a bum :)

Scandium
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Orange County, CA, USA, Earth, Solar System, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Local Cluster

30 May 2012, 11:08 pm

I wear a sweatshirt and long pants every day except for Sunday, when I substitute my sweatshirt for a slightly fancier long-sleeve shirt for church. I only have five sweatshirts.

y-pod
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2012, 6:29 am

I don't. I love variety and have lots of different clothes. Actually they must be all different, including socks and underwear. All of them have to have different colors, styles or patterns, if I ever bought two that are the same I save one for later use. I do wear each piece of clothes twice or three times before washing them, to save on the laundry effort. I probably could wear them more times as I hardly sweat, but I'm very sensitive to smell, so even a hint of sweat or cooking smell is enough for me to feel they're dirty. I sniff my coats at the collar regularly to see if they need washing as well.

Mindsigh
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2012, 7:46 am

I only change clothes mon-fri because I have to shower and that's when I take my clothes off. And I have gotten into the habit lately of sleeping in my clothes because I don't know when I'm going to go to bed until I'm asleep. And then it's too late. And on the weekends I wear the same clothes because since I don't have to go anywhere, so I don't shower. I put on my weekend clothes on Friday morning and take them off on Monday morning. And almost every piece of clothes I own is black or grey.

ictus75
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

01 Jun 2012, 8:31 am

I have multiples of the exact same blue jeans, black T-shirts, socks, underwear, shoes—so basically I wear the same thing every day. But I do like to wear the same hoodie or button down shirt over and over, only taking time to wash & dry it, then putting it back on.

kx250rider
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

01 Jun 2012, 10:17 am

Yes, but as soon as I find something I really like, I try to hoard a good quantity of that item of clothing. I am a clean freak, and will never willingly wear underwear, socks, or T-shirts for more than one day, and sometimes half a day, depending on weather and activity. Consequently, I tend to need to do laundry about twice a week or more.

I have a favorite pair of work boots, and in fear of not being able to replace them later on when I wear them out, I have bought two spare pairs of identical model to have on hand.

Charles

Katatonia

01 Jun 2012, 10:44 am

Sometimes I wear them up to a week, I just can't be bothered changing or having showers.

justmyself
Butterfly
Butterfly

04 Jun 2012, 8:13 am

I do prefer wearing the same clothes every day. Well, I've learned not to do that at the office - for work I choose two outfits for each week and then wear them every second day (the outfit that has been worn three times one week will shift to being worn only twice in the following week to have everything well-balanced). At home, however, I wear the same things a whole week, no matter whether they have become dirty. I do my laundry on Saturdays when coming home from the gym so I won't forget.

I find it difficult to find clothes I really like. And if I have found something, I'll mostly buy 5 or 10 further ones, ordering everything online. I hate to have to go into shops. Having all these people around me freaks me out.

Woodpeace
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

04 Jun 2012, 9:38 am

I do.

MarthaCannary
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

04 Jun 2012, 11:25 am

I hate socks! Shoes suck too.... I prefer going barefoot.

Otherwise, in the summer I wear comfy jeans (blue or black), or comfy denim capri's, a comfy cotton t-shirt (Black or grey) and a comfy hoody (Black, Grey or white). In the winter (where I live there are only two seasons.....) I will wear socks if it's -20C and I ditch the t-shirts for turtlenecks otherwise everything stays the same.

I don't clothes shop for myself, I avoid shopping at all costs. My boyfriend does all that for me, other than shoes, I have to be there to buy shoes. I hate that. He shops all my bras, undies even and he does an excellent job of it! I'd be screwed without him...... He tries to buy me things he'd like to see me in, new colours and fabrics, cuts and styles but he buys cheap cheap stuff, because he knows I might not wear it and he keeps the receipts for everything. Some of that stuff ends up at the Goodwill or gets returned for something else. He also buys me my clothing staples, the stuff I will actually wear. I have a lot of identical clothing, a few of each cut of t-shirt I like, all black or grey but they all have different silk screening on them, or just plain.

I have 30+ hoodies in my closet. Most in some state of disrepair, The plastic zippers keep breaking (Why can't someone design a lasting plastic zipper?!?!). I don't do metal zippers on my Jackets or hoodies, they are cold and pinchy.

I'm cold most of the time but I run a few degree's hotter than everyone else. So in the winter I really need to bundle up. I like down filled jackets in the winter, but I can't don't like the pokey feather ends jabbing me all the time so I'll wear...: undies of course, two - three pairs of socks, tights, jeans, t-shirt, turtleneck, a thick warm hoody, maybe two, down filled coat, gloves, my awesome triple fuzzy winter hat with ear flaps and a scarf......... It gets down to -45C sometimes here.

I "recycle" my clothes meaning I have a habit of wearing my outfits 3-4 days in a row, other than underwear, if they don't pass the sniff test I get a fresh outfit.

Does anyone else take a seam ripper to all their clothing tags? I do, as soon as I get home I try on the new clothes (try on clothes in public? Are you NUTS?) if they fit the tags get yanked off and the new clothes go in the laundry. I refuse to wear clothing new from the store before washing it, Yuck Gross Blargh.

Oh yeah, I have a couple cats... So finding my type of clothing gets interesting when trying to find a fabric that doesn't attract cat hair and hold it but is still okay to have against me skin.

Matto

23 Dec 2012, 3:51 pm

btbnnyr wrote:
I wear the same clothes over and over and over, because I don't feel a need to have variety in my wearing of clothes.

Red
Orange
Yellow
Gray
Green
Blue
Indigo

I did this everyday and I still do now.

AlmaBrown
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

23 Dec 2012, 6:03 pm

I would wear a black t shirt and jeans every day if I could get away with it. I also have a favourite sweater or two that I am unreasonably possessive of and I wear that 3/7 days a week. I don't like "dressing up" because it freaks me out for some reason...

loner1984
Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2012, 2:04 am

Yes I consider myself a pratical person I buy clothes. Then i use those clothes until they are worn out full of holes. Then I buy new. I.don't like clothes. It all looks equally stupid. But it keeps me varm.

Kairi96
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

25 Dec 2012, 6:24 am

Yes, I do. I could also wear the same clothes for 2 week, if my mother wouldn't tell me to change clothes.

squonk
Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2012, 6:29 am

philippepetit wrote:
i wear the same clothes over and over because i'm poor and don't care that i look like a bum :)

For real?

I wear the same clothes over and over because I am lazy or forget.

That is why having a bath every day is important for lots of reasons as it will mean you do put a fresh set of clothes on.

LisaOfShades

25 Dec 2012, 9:39 am

I change the shirt, but let the pant nearby, and often wear the same color theme until I switch pant color... I have my favorite shirts... and even if my closet is still full, I'll do laundry to wear my favorite set again. Because I feel good in them, and some sets are for special occasions. Or weather...

Enjoy~