28 May 2012, 3:35 pm

Bra cannon.

DogsWithoutHorses
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2012, 3:35 pm

JanuaryMan wrote:
Kurgan wrote:
I never said that there was a direct correlation, but I'm tired of the myth that all pretty girls are stupid and all ugly girls are smart, as if everyone was handed out an equal number of ability points that just happens to be distributed differently for everyone, like in a RPG.

Brilliant analogy lol.
I understand. There are a lot of smart pretty women out there :)

You can't determine someone's intelligence based on their appearance. In fact there are a lot of things you can't determine about someone based solely on their appearance (unless you are Sherlock Holmes I guess).
Appearance is an early indicator of attraction/compatibility, it's inconvenient that it's not also the best one.

If your success is defined as being well adjusted to injustice and well adapted to indifference, then we don?t want successful leaders. We want great leaders- who are unbought, unbound, unafraid, and unintimidated to tell the truth.

NicoleG
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2012, 3:44 pm

ZX_SpectrumDisorder wrote:
Bra cannon.

You mean like Katy Perry's Firework video, where even the little kids have them? That's disturbing.

ZX_SpectrumDisorder
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2012, 3:46 pm

Really? OK. I don't watch Katie Perry videos.

JanuaryMan
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2012, 3:48 pm

DogsWithoutHorses wrote:
JanuaryMan wrote:
Kurgan wrote:
I never said that there was a direct correlation, but I'm tired of the myth that all pretty girls are stupid and all ugly girls are smart, as if everyone was handed out an equal number of ability points that just happens to be distributed differently for everyone, like in a RPG.

Brilliant analogy lol.

You can't determine someone's intelligence based on their appearance. In fact there are a lot of things you can't determine about someone based solely on their appearance (unless you are Sherlock Holmes I guess).
Appearance is an early indicator of attraction/compatibility, it's inconvenient that it's not also the best one.

Well, that's fine, but I was simply saying there are smart pretty women out there. And a lot of them. It's statistically possible, there's 7 billion of us folks on the planet nearly. Also, I was just laughing at the analogy, and understand the point he was trying to make.

DogsWithoutHorses
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2012, 3:57 pm

JanuaryMan wrote:
DogsWithoutHorses wrote:
JanuaryMan wrote:
Kurgan wrote:

Brilliant analogy lol.

Well, that's fine, but I was simply saying there are smart pretty women out there. And a lot of them. It's statistically possible, there's 7 billion of us folks on the planet nearly. Also, I was just laughing at the analogy, and understand the point he was trying to make.

I wasn't disagreeing with you

If your success is defined as being well adjusted to injustice and well adapted to indifference, then we don?t want successful leaders. We want great leaders- who are unbought, unbound, unafraid, and unintimidated to tell the truth.

NicoleG
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2012, 4:17 pm

Really? OK. I don't watch Katie Perry videos.

Not exactly cannons, but fireworks coming out of the breast area.
I happened to see the video by mistake one day and was laughing the entire time.
It was worse than the "chest monkeys" that they had in Tin Man.

mike_br
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

28 May 2012, 5:00 pm

KnarlyDUDE09 wrote:
"Do men (mostly) fall in love with women just because of their clothing and physical appearance?"

Thank you.

Yes.
Clothing enhance appearance. A beautiful/hot woman is beautiful in almost anything and is sexy in sneakers even. In fact, well thought "comfort" clothes can look very cool.

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2012, 5:07 pm

Stepping away from the OFF TOPIC mine field of weight issues, here is my advice to the OP.

First, as posts here indicate, there is no one thing that is attractive to all men. With any of this, we are going to be talking about how far you cast your net, but nothing absolute.

Do most men seem to like the way women look in heels? It would seem the answer is yes, but how much they like it varies a lot, and there is no rule that you can never get a guy if you never don a pair of heels.

But there is also nothing wrong with giving in a little to societies constructs in order to help get yourself noticed. In my experience, most women do just that, put out a little false advertising simply because it seems to be expected. But I really want to empahsize the concept "a little" because if you go too far it serves no one. Ultimately, you have to be in a relationship as your real self, and not a constructed image.

Finding the right balance on that can be difficult. If you do nothing, you look uninterested in attracting men, and men (speaking very generally here) are likely to honor that projection, and not try to connect with you romantically. If you do too much, you send out the wrong signals in the other direction. The trick is to maximize your attractiveness while still projecting a sense of who you are and what you like.

As a friend of mine once commented when I ran into her in a make store during lunch hour, because we'd both forgotten our essentials that day, "you have to try." And it is true, the world expects you to look like you tried.

I think, in the exact debate at issue, I'd shop for some low heels that you like and feel pretty in. Just try some on, look around, be open to it, but don't promise your sister anything and don't buy any if you really hate them all. Just try going a little out of your comfort zone and see how it feels. You could surprise yourself. There is nothing wrong with feeling pretty through the tools of socially acceptable construct. But it only works if it does, in fact, make you feel pretty.

Last edited by DW_a_mom on 28 May 2012, 9:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2012, 9:00 pm

I do have one more thought for you.

You'll find this funny, but I don't like wearing sneakers. I always get heal blisters from running shoes, I had no idea why, so I stopped buying them, living mostly in slides. But without a decent pair of sneakers, there are things I really can't do, like hike. So for my birthday my husband gave me a gift certificate to a premium running store, saying they were known for their service, and they would help me find sneakers I would actually like. And the amazing thing is, they actually did. I was afraid they would kick me out of the store, being as out of shape as I am, but they were perfect. They were consummate professionals and got me my shoes, and they don't give me blisters!

So, you need the same type of thing for you and some feminine heals. A store that knows how to work with a wide variety of customers and actually get them to leave happy. Where I live, the store I would suggest would be Nordstrom; I am sure you have something comparable. Yes, you pay for service via higher merchandise prices, but here is the deal to make with your mom and sister: you'll wear heals IF you can go to a store that offers good service and a wide selection, and a professional is able to help you find some heals that you actually LIKE and might feel good wearing. A good store can do that for you. They'll listen to you, experiment, and find something that you will want to wear.

ValentineWiggin
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2012, 9:26 pm

NicoleG wrote:
Bra cannon.

You mean like Katy Perry's Firework video, where even the little kids have them? That's disturbing.

Pretty sure a little boy didn't have a "bra cannon".

Are you talking about Firework?

Yeah. Always wondered why people seem to equate chest area with boobs. 8O

to his Interest."

NicoleG
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2012, 10:05 pm

ValentineWiggin wrote:
NicoleG wrote:
Bra cannon.

Pretty sure a little boy didn't have a "bra cannon".
Are you talking about Firework?
Yeah. Always wondered why people seem to equate chest area with boobs. 8O

In the video, I think it's supposed to be coming from the "heart" of the person, but it just looks wrong.
I think it was because of a Japanese movie I once saw that....I really won't go into here....but it primed my brain for already thinking the wrong thing about the music video.

ZX_SpectrumDisorder
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2012, 4:27 am

OK, then. Panty dagger.

NicoleG
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2012, 7:44 am

OK, then. Panty dagger.

Hey, you, we're not in the adult autism section...

Besides, that Japanese movie primed my brain for a different kind of crotch weapon than that. I need to poll a couple friends to see if any of them remember that movie. It was so horrible it was great - one of those kinds.

Isn't this thread supposed to be about external clothing, not internal weaponry? The high-heeled shoes were specifically mentioned by the OP.

(Yes, I'm being a kill-joy.)

J-Greens
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2012, 8:37 am

Found this, didn't read every page but skimmed it and agree with every point, which explains pretty much everything:

http://search.bwh.harvard.edu/concourse ... exEcon.pdf

ZX_SpectrumDisorder
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2012, 12:33 pm

I didn't even read the OP. Sorry etc.