Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2012, 12:33 pm

I didn't even read the OP. Sorry etc.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2012, 2:59 pm

I can think of a lot of things that I'd associate with attractiveness before heels. Psychologically and expressively femininity seems to go hand in hand with pensiveness. Also if you're looking for other things to wear that are 'hawt', get a pair of knee-high fashion boots or two for the winter, for summer I don't know - I'd figure the right platform slippers would get it done just as well.

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

edgewaters
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2012, 4:44 pm

techstepgenr8tion wrote:
I can think of a lot of things that I'd associate with attractiveness before heels. Psychologically and expressively femininity seems to go hand in hand with pensiveness. Also if you're looking for other things to wear that are 'hawt', get a pair of knee-high fashion boots or two for the winter, for summer I don't know - I'd figure the right platform slippers would get it done just as well.

Those nice boots women have do lend a certain appeal, I agree. They can also look sort of cool/sharp/smart/whatever you want to call it. Maybe it's the Canadian in me, but I limit that observation to winter boots; I think long boots in summertime look a bit odd. But that's just me.

Also, printed Wellingtons, depending on the design. Stuff like this is pleasant and catches the eye:

ZX_SpectrumDisorder
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2012, 4:47 pm

It might sound weird, but I like shoes more than is normal. I collect trainers/sneakers and I like girls with good taste in shoes.
It has actually been the difference between a first and second date.

JanuaryMan
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2012, 4:50 pm

ZX_SpectrumDisorder wrote:
It might sound weird, but I like shoes more than is normal. I collect trainers/sneakers and I like girls with good taste in shoes.
It has actually been the difference between a first and second date.

Interesting. I never considered myself a shoe buff (no pun intended) but do know a fair bit about them and while I don't expect a girl/woman to wear specific stuff I do find things like those plimsol / pumps and heels and flipflops / sandals more attractive :) esp if they are feminine looking ( a given with heels lol ).

edgewaters
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2012, 5:03 pm

Does anyone else find that you don't actually have any sort of ideal at all? You can describe an example here and there of something, but there are a thousand alternatives that are just as appealing? Not just looks but personality too?

I'll say sometimes that I find women who dress casually or in male type of clothes appealing, but then ... I'll see a particular woman in a very feminine style and it works too? Like there are no rules that can possibly be described?

Also I would ask the same of women - is this true for you too?

DogsWithoutHorses
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2012, 5:05 pm

edgewaters wrote:
Does anyone else find that you don't actually have any sort of ideal at all? You can describe an example here and there of something, but there are a thousand alternatives that are just as appealing? Not just looks but personality too?

I'll say sometimes that I find women who dress casually or in male type of clothes appealing, but then ... I'll see a particular woman in a very feminine style and it works too? Like there are no rules that can possibly be described?

This is true for me, sometimes you don't know you like something until you see it. And sometimes the thing you thought you liked is not as great as you imagined.

If your success is defined as being well adjusted to injustice and well adapted to indifference, then we don?t want successful leaders. We want great leaders- who are unbought, unbound, unafraid, and unintimidated to tell the truth.

JanuaryMan
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2012, 5:07 pm

Yes, edgewaters. There are ideal preferences I have but every now and again I see something completely different and satisfying :)

Ann2011
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2012, 5:25 pm

edgewaters wrote:

I don't have any ideals; for me it's more psychological. If I like someone, then I'm likely to find him physically appealing. It's all about the "spark" you feel between each other, for me.

ValentineWiggin
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2012, 5:36 pm

Ann2011 wrote:
edgewaters wrote:

I don't have any ideals; for me it's more psychological. If I like someone, then I'm likely to find him physically appealing. It's all about the "spark" you feel between each other, for me.

This.

to his Interest."

NicoleG
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2012, 9:25 pm

Hmmm, boots. Those are almost just like the ones I wear with my velvet dresses when I go out to the goth club (even though I haven't been in quite a while). If they have too much of a curve to the heel they look strange to me, but this shape for Victorian boots is very appealing to me, AND they provide some of the best ankle support I've ever had in a shoe. I can go quite a long time wearing those before the balls of my feet start to hurt. (They don't pass the easy-off-while-being-attacked test, though.)

I actually wrote this out for someone recently, so I'll just copy it here:
Funny story I heard once (I think from a comedian). A guy is talking about how he's having the worst day known to man. He wakes up late, the hot water runs out while he's taking a shower, his toast is burned, the car won't start, he spills his coffee, there's a surprise meeting at work, lunch tastes horrible, he has to work an extra hour after his shift, and the traffic takes him 4 times longer to get home than usual. He comes home, and there's his wife, sitting on the couch wearing a pair of sweatpants and one of his button down shirts, with her hair frazzled, watching TV - and it is the sexiest thing he has ever seen in the world.

edgewaters
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2012, 1:00 am

Ann2011 wrote:
edgewaters wrote:

I think it might be the same thing ... if the psychological appeal is there, then noticing or appreciating style and physical characteristics follows, and that's why no rules can apply, and what is appealing can vary tremendously.

I think it is sort of like with interests - when you acquire a new interest you start to see everything about it in this new way, like it is all shiny and magical now.

metaldanielle
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2012, 1:27 am

edgewaters wrote:

Yes, I could create thousands of "ideal guys". If a guy strikes me as cute and we click, that is what matters. Any "type" I would create would just be a list of characteristics I've found attractive in the past. As time goes by the list gets longer and starts to contradict itself.

KnarlyDUDE09
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2012, 3:28 am

NicoleG wrote:
As regards to the high heel dilemma, might I recommend you consider that if your goal is to run away from an attacker, high-heeled shoes are for the birds, but if your goal is to beat your attacker into a bloody pulp, easy to slip off shoes with high-heeled titanium spikes make prefect, easy-to-access secondary weapons.

Haha...I shall keep your view in mind. :D

ZX_SpectrumDisorder
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2012, 3:32 am

edgewaters wrote:

I know what I like when I see it and vice versa. Odd. I do find it difficult to actually define what I'm into. I could probably waffle all day about what I'm not into. I really hate it when a girl is wearing stuff that's doing absolutely nothing for them, there are some really hideous clothes and shoes at the minute masquerading as mainstream fashion. Current fashion is a joke. Guys look like Timmy Mallet and girls are wearing s**t charity shops couldn't give away a few years ago.

ZX_SpectrumDisorder
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2012, 9:10 am

Anyway...