Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Wurmwood
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

10 Jun 2012, 6:10 am

Anyone got any recommendations for books that explain social interaction for Aspies? Are there any threads on this forum that do that? I'd search for them, but I don't know what key words to use that would narrow down the results. I think if I searched for "social interaction explained" I'd probably get a few THOUSAND results or maybe just a message saying I need to be more specific.

I'm mostly looking for what to say after "Hello" and how to find things you both like to talk about or bring up topics you like to talk about to see if none else is interested in them.

Blownmind
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2012, 7:24 am

http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt156519.html
http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt81544.html
:D

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2012, 7:51 am

There used to be a big thread on it, with tips and advice all in the thread. Some rather unscrupulous new poster tried to steal it and publish it under her own name without permission from anyone and without any plans for payment to those whose ideas she stole, so it was removed for the time being.

She had it all on her Facebook page, but somebody reported her theft of intellectual property and it was removed.

You could ask in the WrongPlanet.net Discussion subform near the botto of the forum index page, about when and if it's every coming back if you want. I haven't heard anything else about it once it had to be removed because of that thief though.

The link to the forum is http://www.rightplanet.proboards.com

Empathy
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2017, 5:25 pm

If you like Lucinda Riley and read her books, then perhaps you should concentrate your efforts on the seven sisters seven historical book society. It's vastly descriptive and eloquently written in all the books about how each sister goes to find their true heritage from their adopted recently deceased father. They all have interesting names and each story travels across each continent, and my golly, there is so much to learn and gather from. She takes historical text, of a fictionally loose base vocabulary and sets her mind to task on the scene it take form.
The Storm Sister takes place in Norway with Sister Ally and there are links to all sorts of famous musicians like Grieg and Volst I think, its been a while since ive read it, but the Shadow Sister I've just read and it's about Beatrix Potter mostly and Flora's footsteps painted in her early childlike days and takes on Star finding her roots in the frame of the text, although i did publish a review stating I dont think that the Keppels and King Edward the VII had much time to canoodle and as his coughing fits had started to fill up the room, I wondered where on earth the feminist trap had come from in a form of disbelief owing to the ancester Flora and her non maiden duties in that weird house! Set in the U.K and the fact she is also a Brit, I felt I should only rightfully inform her. You have to look for hidden clues in all the bit of narratives though. The next one will be the fourth, called the Pearl Sister. CeCe has to travel to Alaska next.

Summer_Twilight
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2017, 10:44 am

The Unwritten Rules of Social Relationships by Dr. Grandin and Sean Barron
Daniel Wendler has a good book too but I can't remember the name.