Page 8 of 8 [ 123 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2017, 5:15 pm

Some more specifics:

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2017, 10:37 pm

Nother beauty I was trying to remember...

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

Aristophanes
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2017, 11:55 pm

It's as appealing to me as strobe lights are for seizure prone folks.

Amebix
Toucan
Toucan

12 Jul 2017, 2:22 pm

Aristophanes wrote:
It's as appealing to me as strobe lights are for seizure prone folks.

I think intense sensations can be either really positive or really negative for people with AS, it just depends on if we are able to appreciate the enjoyable aspects of the experience, while being able to cope with the overwhelming parts. An easy example for this might be food. I actually love really rich food, really fishy seafood, and a lot of strange foreign foods that most people find gross. At the same time, I literally can't stand dill pickles or olives. I've actually puked a couple times from pickles. So it just depends on if the sensation is to your taste.

whatamievendoing
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2017, 8:18 am

As someone who likes to think of himself as an all-around appreciator of music, I can listen to dubstep, but it's not one of my favorite genres. When it comes to electronic music, I'm more into stuff like psytrance.

1stSauce
Toucan
Toucan

24 Jul 2017, 10:12 pm

I can't stand the stuff

1stSauce
Toucan
Toucan

24 Jul 2017, 10:13 pm

I can't stand the stuff

jikijiki53
Raven
Raven

02 Aug 2017, 4:28 pm

I like some dubstep music. I do like them more when it's mixed in with rock or even metal. Korn's Path of Totality album sounds really good in my opinion.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2017, 4:59 pm

I don't really like it, I think it is something that could be incorporated into electronic music...but an entire song of that noise? no thanks. Like if an electronic song has a dub-step sounding part for a bit that then goes into something else then it can sound pretty good but when it goes on longer it just starts getting annoying.

I also don't much care for whatever electronic music that sounds like its building up to something epic, only to go into generic sounding party music essentially. Is like with all that building up you'd think something cool and intricate might happen...but no just party music with obnoxious vocals.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2017, 5:30 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
I don't really like it, I think it is something that could be incorporated into electronic music...but an entire song of that noise? no thanks. Like if an electronic song has a dub-step sounding part for a bit that then goes into something else then it can sound pretty good but when it goes on longer it just starts getting annoying.

I also don't much care for whatever electronic music that sounds like its building up to something epic, only to go into generic sounding party music essentially. Is like with all that building up you'd think something cool and intricate might happen...but no just party music with obnoxious vocals.

I think the trouble is most of these genres really just put the most obnoxious and synthetic sides of their sound forward, or at least that's what the pop-culture grabs onto (like Skrillex, Flux Pavilion, etc.) but then the stuff that has the character that people complain isn't there never really gets known aside from by the people who go out and look for it.

I think as early as 2004 or 2005 I heard people bringing dubstep and dubstep mixes to DNB Arena and I thought it was crap because all I heard were the obnoxious wobbles. It took until maybe 2008 or 2009 for me to luck upon a side of the genre that had something I could respect and I've pretty much explored that side of the genre primarily to this day.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2017, 5:41 pm

techstepgenr8tion wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:

I think the trouble is most of these genres really just put the most obnoxious and synthetic sides of their sound forward, or at least that's what the pop-culture grabs onto (like Skrillex, Flux Pavilion, etc.) but then the stuff that has the character that people complain isn't there never really gets known aside from by the people who go out and look for it.

I think as early as 2004 or 2005 I heard people bringing dubstep and dubstep mixes to DNB Arena and I thought it was crap because all I heard were the obnoxious wobbles. It took until maybe 2008 or 2009 for me to luck upon a side of the genre that had something I could respect and I've pretty much explored that side of the genre primarily to this day.

Yeah If I look past the popular stuff and do some digging I can usually find stuff within most genres I like. I have heard some stuff that incorporates some of the dub-step sound but not quite so much that sounds good. But yeah just seems like it needs to be balanced out with something but not that the style of sound should be tossed out all together.

I mean another thing that irritates me in a lot of popular music is auto-tune or whatever, like it can be a cool effect...but too much is just obnoxious and doesn't actually make anyones voice sound better. Even Styx used that for their song Mr. Roboto to get kind of a robot voice and that's cool but I hate songs where that is done to the vocals the whole time after a while it starts to sound like the vocalist is a furby toy from the 90's.