Page 8 of 9 [ 144 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

apolo234
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

26 Mar 2016, 8:27 am

I think that I am in the Average-Well Liked but I'm not sure, specially for a moment that happened a month ago that made me rethink my real popularity (I don't want to boast)

I've got close friends and I seem to get well along with everyone, I thought that because of this moment:

I'd lost my agenda in the class of before so I went there for taking it, there was another class going on and basically this happened:

-Me: Hello... I've left my agenda here, Could you give it to me, plea...

-The Class: ¡¡¡¡APOLO!! !!

-Me: Oh... Hello guys and girls... (waves hand and smiles)

-Some people of the class: ¡LITTLE APOLO! (They said something that is a bit hard to translate back, but it's a diminutive.)

-Me: Yesss... hahah, thanks... (I didn't know what to do)

I've even seen a figure waving his hand to me, but I couldn't recognize who was because I went out, I'm sure it was a boy. I waved my hand a little more and went back to class.

So I think I am... More well liked that anything else.

Ladybeetle
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

04 May 2016, 12:36 am

I'm generally well respected, but there are a few people who hate me and a few who like me. I think that because of my straightforward personality, most people wouldn't like me if I didn't get good grades. I'm lucky in that respect.

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2016, 12:52 am

Kiprobalhato wrote:
in middle school and earlier on in high school i jumped from group to group, interacting and trying to make some relationships. as i was awkward, they were pretty basic and shallow and rudimentary, but in the process i became rather well known, as in the "saying hi in the hallways" well known and "people knew my name" known, not necessarily liked, i think. i think even now i'd be surprised at how many people were irritated with me and didn't bother to tell. (though i tend to assume the worst regarding those things)

later on i became more secure with how many friends i did legitimately have and stopped being such a butterfly. i no longer speak to anyone from those earlier days, barring one person. about whom the situation is complex and twinkly.

i did tend to go under the radar. people seemed to be surprised at my presence if they noticed it.

i'm finding that in college, it is, totally against what i have been told my entire life, not actually easier to connect with people that it was in high school.

i'll blame it on my own laziness and reluctance to take two buses or a bike to the campus to join clubs or groups, but also it is *much* more disconnected. the structure of high school where i saw, more or less the same people every single weekday for often multiple classes over a few years, had its own problems but when i did find someone i got along with, it was easy because we saw each other often.

i suppose what i'm trying to say is that the college is too big and the turnover rate is too "fast" for me, one who takes forever to form bonds. :|

kraftiekortie wrote:
When I was in high school, I was an outcast even amongst outcasts.

Right now, at age 55, it's really a mixed bag. People tend to be ambivalent about me. It might even depend on the day--they might like me one day, and dislike me the next.

i like you.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2016, 12:54 am

also how/why is this thread still active after 9.5 years.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

mikeman7918
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2016, 12:16 pm

I was very unpopular for many years, and then I became sort of popular-ish when I figured out that rapidly solving Rubik's Cubes of all sizes and showing my large amount of knowlage about space travel (my special interest) using a lot of jargon makes my look smart. In my current school though I seem to be once again thought of as a weird guy who probably has something wrong with him, and I don't really care enough to try to change that.

Diagnosed with Asperger's, ADD, and Generalized Anxiety Disorder in 2004.
In denial that it was a problem until early 2016.

Deviant Art

Lillikoi
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2016, 12:23 pm

I dunno. I know people, and they like me, so that's all I really care about.

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2016, 2:19 am

^ i like your attitude.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

MidnightLupin
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

05 May 2016, 11:01 am

In high school, I definitely wasn't popular. I had some friends, they weren't really the best people but it worked well enough. I never really got picked on much either.

Zizu58
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

05 May 2016, 11:07 am

What an interesting mix we are ..

I am unbelievably popular ( I'm seen as kind , caring , laid back , compassionate , patient to a fault and reliable and consistent etc etc ).

Sadly as I hide my sadness / depression , my anxiety and frustration it means that I'm popular because of the way I behave rather than the way I am , if that makes sense .

AnaHitori
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2016, 8:37 pm

People know my name but that's it. I think I'm mostly invisible.

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2016, 12:34 am

^ you're visible to me, because i know exactly how that feels. :cheers:

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

AnaHitori
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2016, 6:18 pm

Kiprobalhato wrote:
^ you're visible to me, because i know exactly how that feels. :cheers:

:D

TheAP
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2016, 6:39 pm

Not popular at all. People occasionally say hi to me, but I don't really hang out with anyone at school.

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2016, 12:57 am

did you ever hang out with anyone, or was it always that way?

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

TheAP
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2016, 3:05 pm

In grade 1 I had one friend who I hung out with sometimes, but mostly preferred being by myself. In grades 2-4 I started wanting to be with people sometimes, but very rarely had anyone who wanted me. In grade 5 I had one friend whom I hung out with sometimes. In grade 6 I had a group of friends (though only one was really my friend) to hang out with, but towards the end of the year we drifted apart. In grades 7-8 I spent most days alone, but sometimes had a conversation with someone. And in high school I've had one friend to sit with at lunch, but lately I haven't been sitting with him.

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2016, 2:49 am

i see. :o

most of my friends have been older than me. the final year at any school i attended thus was usually the loneliest.

in JR high i found myself eating lunch my myself in the grimy stairwell leading to the boiler room.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.