Page 3 of 3 [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

rpcarnell
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

23 Jul 2012, 4:21 am

No one approaches me either.

And I have rejected every friend I had in high school (on Facebook), and sometimes in real life. In college, I started avoiding the friends I had, after they started teasing me too much.

Cesar
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

01 Sep 2012, 10:36 am

I think I do

MercuryRose
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

01 Sep 2012, 4:13 pm

I do tend to reject other people. Usually unintentionally, but sometimes on purpose if I want to be left alone.
I know I give off the impression that I'm not interested by my body language and stuff i say.

CyclopsSummers
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2012, 4:30 pm

Yeah, pretty much what hyperlexian said, too.

I have to say I'm going through a period of my life right now, where I have less interest in interacting with other people (well, aside from the forum, obviously). I had to acuaintances/friends I kinda sorta hung out with over the past year or so, but I ended up feeling as though it was becoming a chore to get myself to want to engage in activities with them. Don't get me wrong, whenever we actually did get together, it was fine and nice. But I find I prefer to spend my free time by myself. I have more freedom that way.

Returning to the topic, I guess it means that I personally do reject people these days. Sometimes, someone I've just met will ask me to hang out, and I'll usually say 'no' nowadays.

blackmetal83092
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

14 Sep 2012, 4:12 am

I do it all the time, but a lot of the time, it's for weird reasons. A lot of Fundamentalist and Devout Christians I'll reject because first of all, I grew up going to Catholic School, with Asperger's...wasn't fun, got a lot of bad memories. Also, a lot of their philosophy and way of looking at things I don't agree with. Some of them would sit and tell me I shouldn't listen to my beloved Metal music because it wasn't good for my soul...yeah, wasn't doin' it. It might be unusual for an aspie, but there have been quite a few women (and men) who harbored romantic interest in me, and I didn't quite feel the same, so I kinda just "disappeared", sometimes it helped, sometimes they'd be wondering what's going on and ask me about it, and I had to quite a bit of talking...yeah....lol...my group of friends and I have kicked quite a few people to the curb for various reasons. Drama, man. Gotta love it. lol. Then there's just good number of people out there who really get on my nerves, sketch me out, or I don't feel comfortable allowing into my life because I feel they have ulterior motives in trying to befriend me.

Female
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

09 Oct 2012, 5:23 pm

I would do to have a friend.

flowerpowerpunch
Butterfly
Butterfly

10 Oct 2012, 9:05 am

I don't reject other people. They reject me... :D

Galymia
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

10 Oct 2012, 7:39 pm

I live in a conservative, close-minded town so I naturally reject people around here as a potential friend. I've met people who weren't like that, but I never became close to them because they all had other friends who were better than me, so they didn't need me. I'd rather not have many friends anyway. Having to deal with people is tiresome and leaves me drained.

Cynic
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

18 Oct 2012, 3:01 pm

nouse wrote:
So do aspies reject friendships on purpose?

I have done. Usually because I was about to get the boot myself after being found out as a "wierdo" and backed off beforhand, or because most people I've known do my head in.

BuyerBeware
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2012, 9:09 am

alec_eiffel wrote:
Quote:
So do aspies reject friendships on purpose?

Yes, but usually as a preemptive defense strategy based on previous failures and embarrassments.

This. Very much so. I will go-- or have gone-- to the extent of deliberately driving people away when I start to enjoy their company because I know it is only a matter of time 'til I mess up and lose them.

You don't sound like an Aspie. You sound more schizoid to me. Frequently co-occuring, but not the same.

Schizoid is OK too, by the way. You don't have to want people around. Just as long as you don't want to eat their brains with fava beans and a nice chiandi.