I've never had a girlfriend!! !!

Page 2 of 2 [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Adam82
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2012, 3:24 am

I've never had one and I turn 30 next month. It's not just you.

Gnonymouse
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

04 Jul 2012, 12:56 pm

I don't have a ton of experience either, but I think if you can make friends with some girls first that is the best way. Then you don't feel weird talking to girls and they will introduce you to their single friends. The bar scene is for a different type of guy than us AS guys, unless you are very good looking or suave.

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2012, 1:02 pm

i have quite a lot of girlfriends, but only a few are close. However I am a girl, and they are friends. I have a few boy friends too but they are just friends as well. ;-)

I've had some romantic relationships in my life and am married now, but I don't think I've had as many romantic relatinships as most NT's have.

The link to the forum is http://www.rightplanet.proboards.com

WintersTale
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

04 Jul 2012, 1:26 pm

I am almost 30, and never had a girlfriend. Girls just don't like me that way.

Adam82
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2012, 5:49 pm

WintersTale wrote:
I am almost 30, and never had a girlfriend. Girls just don't like me that way.

In the same boat as you :) I'm 30 next month, and never had one either. Women don't like me in that way, either.

supguysfriedchicken
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

06 Jul 2012, 3:07 am

DogsWithoutHorses wrote:
I think it might help with the anxiety if you weigh the potential gain against the potential loss.
The worst that can happen is that she'll say no, or maybe be a little rude. You might get embarrassed or have your feelings hurt. Which isn't nothing, getting hurt or rejected sucks, but you won't die, you'll recover.

Not necessarily. When I was 16, I said hi to a girl in class, and another girl next to her told me if I talk to her again, she would report me to the police. She was completely serious, too. It is part of the reason why I do not attempt to flirt with girls IRL anymore.

AQ Test 43/50

WillMcC
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2012, 9:56 am

You are not alone. I've been told that a girl is interested in me, but never notice any signs - I just don't play those games. I've never had anyone ask me out, etc.
Adding complications, I suffer from face blindness (not uncommon on the spectrum) and don't experience physical attraction of any kind.

As they say on the interwebs, "Forever alone"

RYBO316
Butterfly
Butterfly

21 Jul 2012, 7:38 pm

I'm 28 and you're not alone. I think you should just make friends with girls and try to gauge their interest. I'm a undiagnosed aspie myself and I find it ridiculously hard to get out of the friend-zone myself. So don't beat yourself up over it. You just have to find someone who understands you and will like you for you.

RYBO316
Butterfly
Butterfly

21 Jul 2012, 7:42 pm

Quote:
if I talk to her again, she would report me to the police. She was completely serious, too. It is part of the reason why I do not attempt to flirt with girls IRL anymore.

It sounds to me like that girl is "looney toons" and is not even worth your time. Most "normal" women wouldn't even say s**t like that if they were a decent human being. Don't let one weirdo clout your judgement about women.

HisDivineMajesty
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2012, 7:43 pm

RYBO316 wrote:
It sounds to me like that girl is "looney toons" and is not even worth your time. Most "normal" women wouldn't even say s**t like that if they were a decent human being. Don't let one weirdo clout your judgement about women.

Where do I find the women you interact with?

DogsWithoutHorses
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2012, 9:19 pm

RYBO316 wrote:
Quote:
if I talk to her again, she would report me to the police. She was completely serious, too. It is part of the reason why I do not attempt to flirt with girls IRL anymore.

Not to mention the police couldn't really do all that much even if she did contact them (depending on where you live I guess)

If your success is defined as being well adjusted to injustice and well adapted to indifference, then we don?t want successful leaders. We want great leaders- who are unbought, unbound, unafraid, and unintimidated to tell the truth.