Page 1 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Washi
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2012, 5:45 pm

Palakol wrote:
Jtuk wrote:
Oh the irony, you didn't like it, so you said so, just as this keep it simple message suggested.. You get berated for it.

This just shows that life isn't that simple. Funny how an aspie actually follows these rules on a day-to-day basis, but unfortunately real-life doesn't tolerate people being so direct.

Jason

Hahaha. Didn't see that one. Nice.

That's just what I was about to say. And your version of the list makes more sense, I can see how a lot of the suggestions in the first can backfire.

ooo
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

09 Jul 2012, 9:15 pm

Rebel_Nowe wrote:
Marcia wrote:
As general principles, yes, the comments in the poster seem to me to be sensible. There will obviously be times when things aren't simple, but people often over-complicate things unnecessarily.

This.

Double this.

yellowtamarin
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2012, 9:26 pm

Lots of people love these overly-sentimental, feel-good, pick-me-up, let's-hug-the-world posts that they can share with their friends at the click of a button rather than having to come up with their own ideas. Anyone who disagrees with them will be seen as "haters" who are trying to make others' lives miserable, so it really isn't worth commenting on such things. I always ignore them, or occasionally show them to my equally-rational friend for a laugh.

IndieSoul
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

09 Jul 2012, 9:54 pm

"Want something?...Ask for it"

Yeah, most of us aren't so lucky.

Bearing a gift beyond price, almost free

-RUSH

DJFester
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2012, 11:56 pm

Jtuk wrote:
Oh the irony, you didn't like it, so you said so, just as this keep it simple message suggested.. You get berated for it.

This just shows that life isn't that simple. Funny how an aspie actually follows these rules on a day-to-day basis, but unfortunately real-life doesn't tolerate people being so direct.

Jason

Exactly. The good old double-standard at it's finest. :roll: