Page 1 of 2 [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

UnsungAuthor
Butterfly
Butterfly

21 Dec 2012, 5:32 pm

If your interested in seeing superheroes with Asperger's Syndrome, my book, "Unsung Heroes", is coming out in the first half of 2013. All of the superheroes in this book have A.S., and they all have super powers.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

21 Dec 2012, 6:15 pm

UnsungAuthor wrote:
If your interested in seeing superheroes with Asperger's Syndrome, my book, "Unsung Heroes", is coming out in the first half of 2013. All of the superheroes in this book have A.S., and they all have super powers.

Too cool!

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer

cecilfienkelstien
Veteran
Veteran

21 Dec 2012, 7:17 pm

Cool! Will you sell it on Amazon?

UnsungAuthor
Butterfly
Butterfly

22 Dec 2012, 11:08 am

Yes, it will be available on amazon.
__________________________________________________________________________________

"Oh boy, this is going to be a long night. I can tell it already."
-Caleb of the future

Jackphd
Butterfly
Butterfly

31 Oct 2013, 12:53 am

Batman just pretends to be social to cover up his identity but really quite detests being social. It is a common misconception that the Wayne persona is dominant over the Batman persona but it is the other way around.

wozeree
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2013, 12:59 am

I've never seen any of the Batman movies, the only Batman I know is the Adam West one - he most definitely did not have Asperger's.

AGhostWriter
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

31 Oct 2013, 1:11 am

When I first start looking into Asperger's I read a few arguments for Batman being an Aspie, but I think most of the traits pointed out wouldn't be there to be pointed out if his parents had never been murdered. Now, I would never expect any of Batman's origin stories to get into any stimming he did before witnessing the murders, or detailing all of his aspie traits while still under the care of his parents, but I would suspect he also didn't have any of those traits to display. Had his parents not died he probably would have grown to be as normal as his upbringing would have made him anyway, and he probably wouldn't have any neurological disorders awaiting diagnosis.

His son Damian, however, strikes me as a thoroughbred Aspie. He was practically born and raised to be one: An almost single-minded obsession (yet with gifted intelligence in many other areas), a limited concept of human relationships, a near inability to filter himself, a flawed understanding of human psychology (as seen when he is able to intimidate grown men in a business setting yet cannot make peace with many around him), difficulty identifying with and working with others, difficultly grasping emotional states....the list goes on. Could all of these be products of Damian's upbringing? Quite possibly. Did the writer's who brought him to life have Asperger's in mind when fleshing him out? Unlikely. Can we entertain ourselves by gathering supposed evidence to argue either position on the subject? Absolutely.

Roninninja
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

02 Nov 2013, 11:32 pm

As a lifelong Bat-Fan, I don't think he's an aspie. Bruce Wayne had a tendency to be reclusive and at times antisocial, but I think it has more to do with his childhood trauma. Seeing your parents gunned down in front of you would definitely warp anyone's personality one way or the other. He has a determination to fight crime and injustice, and I think that comes from his traumatic experience as a boy.

The fact that he's into technology and computers doesn't automatically put him on the spectrum. Bruce Wayne also was reported to have genius level intelligence, which is why he is able to fight other genius criminals such as The Joker. In my opinion, Batman wouldn't be able to operate if he had Aspergers. Reading criminal's motives or next move would be increasingly hard for someone on the spectrum.

persian85033
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2013, 8:35 am

AGhostWriter wrote:
When I first start looking into Asperger's I read a few arguments for Batman being an Aspie, but I think most of the traits pointed out wouldn't be there to be pointed out if his parents had never been murdered. Now, I would never expect any of Batman's origin stories to get into any stimming he did before witnessing the murders, or detailing all of his aspie traits while still under the care of his parents, but I would suspect he also didn't have any of those traits to display. Had his parents not died he probably would have grown to be as normal as his upbringing would have made him anyway, and he probably wouldn't have any neurological disorders awaiting diagnosis.

That's true. I don't think you could develop AS because of a trauma. I think you're born with it. Besides, I think he reads people too well.

"Of all God's creatures, there is only one that cannot be made slave of the leash. That one is the cat. If man could be crossed with the cat it would improve the man, but it would deteriorate the cat." - Mark Twain