Are autie and aspie guys seen as "faux nice guys"

Page 1 of 3 [ 40 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

PastFixations
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2012, 3:39 pm

I believe it to be so if NT women (focusing on those that are unaware of autism rather than NT women who do) identify behaviours wrongly.
In my case... maybe I am seen as a faux nice guy... wanting to be bedded and treat them badly.
Not saying I am as I know I'm not... well not all of what classifies as a "faux nice guy", sure I could exhibit some of that behaviour... perhaps unknowingly but it's a bit unjust if this is the case.
Anyone else think this is possible or am I overthinking it?

www.wrongplanet.net/postp5013377.html&h ... t=#5013377

Sora: "My friends are my power."

Ventus: "I'm asking you as a friend. Just... put an end to me."

PastFixations
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2012, 3:42 pm

Title is supposed to be "Are autie and aspie guys seen as "faux nice guys" by NT women?"

redrobin62
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2012, 3:47 pm

I'm actually waiting for the moment when they say the "Joker" killer in the Colorado Batman movie theater is on the spectrum. Only a matter of time...

JanuaryMan
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2012, 3:50 pm

Yeah, Robin :(

OP. I don't think they only believe this but to a certain degree, they are usually right. How many times have you seem someone waltz into L&D with an entitlement complex or severely missing the point about why people don't like them?

HisDivineMajesty
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2012, 3:55 pm

Women usually just think I'm rude.
The difference between rude and socially attractive is that I'm not attractive in other ways.

PastFixations
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2012, 3:56 pm

JanuaryMan wrote:
How many times have you seem someone waltz into L&D with an entitlement complex or severely missing the point about why people don't like them?

I've lost count to be honest.

1000Knives
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2012, 5:07 pm

It seems like women don't have any particular hatred against me or anything like that. I think the only problem is I come off "freaky" at times. But, if you spin that around it's "mysterious" or something. I mean I've gotten hit on by women, though, so I can't be that bad off, especially since those are only the times that were obvious. I'm pretty oblivious to when females flirt, so... yeah.

I think to a point, though, I remember I was on vacation and not feeling good mentally, and a girl asked to borrow my phone. She called her f*****g drug dealer with it. So I see it less of a "nice guy" and more as "take advantage of" guy. Maybe she just randomly targeted me, or maybe my demeanor was part of her targeting process, but yeah.

I think the main problem is, good or bad, I come off as an alien. Hopefully it's good like in that Katy Perry song.

PastFixations
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2012, 6:49 pm

1000Knives wrote:
I think the main problem is, good or bad, I come off as an alien. Hopefully it's good like in that Katy Perry song.

Good as in the context rather than the song...

Mindslave
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2012, 7:35 pm

In the context which you speak, yes in many cases they are seen as faux nice guys. However, in high school at least, the assumption is that all guys are the same and all girls are the same, partly because of the shallowness, and partly because most high schoolers aren't mature enough to be able to read people's intentions very well. Also, I would say that a good chunk of autie and aspie guys are guilty as charged. I was about half and half, and I was treated as such.

1000Knives
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2012, 7:57 pm

PastFixations wrote:
1000Knives wrote:

Yes, I meant the context, but that song is about the only Katy Perry song I find listenable. Guilty pleasure I guess.

aspiemike
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2012, 1:25 pm

redrobin62 wrote:
I'm actually waiting for the moment when they say the "Joker" killer in the Colorado Batman movie theater is on the spectrum. Only a matter of time...

If that ends up being the case, then I fear for how people who know I have it will treat me.

muslimmetalhead
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2012, 1:28 pm

1000Knives wrote:
PastFixations wrote:
1000Knives wrote:

Yes, I meant the context, but that song is about the only Katy Perry song I find listenable. Guilty pleasure I guess.

i liked teenage dream a bit.

Matt62
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2012, 2:11 pm

I am seen as a "Nice Guy" on-line but my biggest issue with NT females? They find me "creepy" or weird. That of course, is a turn-off. Unfortunately I get this reaction from girls woh do not even know me.
It bloody hurts!

Sincerely,
Matthew

aspiemike
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2012, 2:21 pm

Matt62 wrote:
I am seen as a "Nice Guy" on-line but my biggest issue with NT females? They find me "creepy" or weird. That of course, is a turn-off. Unfortunately I get this reaction from girls woh do not even know me.
It bloody hurts!

Sincerely,
Matthew

I sometimes get it too, but I find half the blame goes to them for not asking questions or refusing to take the time to understand why I may be different. Where it is my fault? I am not doing enough to make myself appear relaxed and normal.

GiantHockeyFan
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2012, 10:34 pm

Matt62 wrote:
It bloody hurts!

While I've never been told this I'm starting to strongly suspect it. Just about everyone I know likes me but ONLY once they get to know me. A few women admitted they didn't know how to take me at first but nobody has used the "c" word yet. What's frustrating of all, especially in this modern era is how few women will take the time to get to know me but will just make quick judgments and refuse to deviate from them.

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2012, 11:59 pm

Not all of them.

If you are a faux nice guy, you would know it. Are you respectful of women with the hope of getting a relationship in return?