Page 2 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Raziel
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2012, 11:11 am

Hm, I was thinking that chest pain and excessive sweating are also found in anxiety disorders. I'm not shure about the muscle spasms. But maybe it has something to do with anxiety since then?
You su allready wrote about being anxious if I understood it right.

TalksToCats
Toucan
Toucan

01 Aug 2012, 10:00 am

I have seen anecdotal reports on the web from people who say they have experienced serious side effects / withdrawal effects from just one or two doses of an anti-depressant, however it seems very rare so there is little or no formal research on it; so it seems it can happen to some people but is very unusual.

There is a forum callled SurvivingAntidepressants where this has been discussed (if you google you should find it). Some people on that forum are very anti SSRIs, I personally am neutral about SSRIs, but think they can cause some people some very problematic side effects and need to be treated with caution.

I currently take an SSRI but do not want to do so long term.

I have experienced sweating as a regular side effect of one SSRI I took (citalopram) but not another (prozac / fluoxetine). My understanding is if you take anti-depressants for any length of time, it is best to come off them very gradually to avoid withdrawal effects and stopping cold-turkey is usually a very bad idea (although some people seem to be ok with this).

archraphael
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

02 Aug 2012, 6:27 pm

pretty much all SSRI's and SN/DRI's are stimulants and have some stimulating effect on the nervous system.. as for me the most long term effect is the permanent hand tremors i get from having used prozac on and off for long periods of time since i was 11.
as for wellbutrin, i have some kind of long-term psychosis since using it (voices, etc)