Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Solvejg
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2012, 1:21 pm

I have hyperactivity.

When i eat, i eat fairly healthy but prepping food usually takes too long so i don't. i also avoid eating most of the time because i just seem to forget unless i grab a take away salad and eat while walking. I am so wired, that i rarely sleep more then 5 hours a day. I don't drink caffine or sugar and average an hour to 2 a day of general walking, bouncing, running and if i have time i will swim for an hour.

The only thing i know from past experience that slows me down is a high fat diet and alcohol. I cam not going to do this to my body again.

Usually my excessive energy is something i can just live with but i have started a job as a telemarketer and i notice that i am so wired i have to talk as slow as i can and that is still considered too fast for most people to understand. Does anyone know how to slow down without getting medication?

DannyRaede
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

24 Jul 2012, 6:52 pm

First: Fez's are indeed cool, I hear bow-ties are cool as well :D

Second, have you tried any form of meditation? There are some basic techniques that you can start out with, and they don't even require sitting down or any of that stereotypical stuff. Try some controlled breathing first. 3 count in, 3 count hold, 3 count out, 3 count hold. Repeat. You can do this while walking, driving, whatever.