Page 2 of 2 [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

CyborgUprising
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2012, 7:40 pm

MirrorWars wrote:
CyborgUprising wrote:
It doesn't help either when stores are constantly rearranging the items/altering the layout. That is utterly bewildering.

I hate it when that happens.

They are not farmers, they don't need to use crop-rotation in a bloody supermarket!

:lol: I wonder how many other customers get irritated about this as well. I surmise it's simply another cunning trick to getting shoppers to spend more money on crap they wouldn't have normally purchased.

Aprilviolets
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2012, 11:32 pm

I get irritated when they change things around in stores like the other day I went to K Mart I couldn't find the checkout, it turned out that the check out part was in the middle and the self serve was near the front.

Another time our local supermarket Coles changed things around and I couldn't find things I was getting annoyed. :evil:

FishStickNick
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2012, 1:48 am

I find I can get confused if I start on the opposite end of the supermarket than what I'm used to. For example, I always start at the produce section, move onto the juices and dairy, then cereal, and eventually end up by the deli meats and the bakery. But if I start down by the bakery, well, it just doesn't feel right. I got upset with my brother over that once; he learned to never start at the "wrong" end of the store again. :P

Also, I typically need to have at least a rough idea of what I'm looking for when I walk into a store. I'm not much of a browser.

Delphiki
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2012, 2:50 am

CyborgUprising wrote:
MirrorWars wrote:
CyborgUprising wrote:
It doesn't help either when stores are constantly rearranging the items/altering the layout. That is utterly bewildering.

They are not farmers, they don't need to use crop-rotation in a bloody supermarket!

:lol: I wonder how many other customers get irritated about this as well. I surmise it's simply another cunning trick to getting shoppers to spend more money on crap they wouldn't have normally purchased.
well sometimes a store might get a lot of one item, so it will have more space on the shelf, it it will get displayed. Or because of the change in season there will be more or less of an item, sometimes there will ne three different areas in the store you cam find something

semikaatskillian
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

03 Aug 2012, 3:46 am

Just the other day I went to Home depot (or Lowes?) looking for teflon grease. I found the WD40 etc, but no luck with the DuPont Teflon grease.

It's amazing how hard it is to find something as simple as this without a search engine. After wandering around for 15 minutes or more, I just gave up. Maybe I'll try on E-bay or Amazon?

Verdandi
Veteran
Veteran

Location: University of California Sunnydale (fictional location - Real location Olympia, WA)

03 Aug 2012, 3:56 am

CyborgUprising wrote:
MirrorWars wrote:
CyborgUprising wrote:

I used to work in a GNC store. I remember one time during my employment, the store got rearranged. I have no idea why this was done, it just...was. New signage, new product packaging, and move everything to different shelves.

Didn't really bother me because I preferred stocking the shelves to dealing with the customers, but I never really got the point of rearranging.

Heidi80
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2012, 7:04 am

I always tend to go to the same store when possible, because I know where everything is. If I have to go to another store, I'm totally lost