Police: Baby Might Have Been Microwaved

Page 1 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

jaguars_fan
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

29 Nov 2006, 3:51 pm

http://www.breitbart.com/news/2006/11/28/D8LM7CMO0.html

I hope the mother gets sent to a aslyum. For a mother to do that to a infant has to be insane.

MelancholyBunny
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2006, 4:17 pm

There's a condition postpartum psychosis, sort of like postpartum depression, except you aren't depressed, when a women who has recently given birth loses touch with reality.
I know someone who works with midwives, who told them about a woman who was admitted to hospital with postpartum psychosis, the woman claimed that her child was the spawn of the devil, that it was an alien and it shouldn't exist, she tried to "return" the baby, luckily the woman was admitted before the child was harmed.

jaguars_fan
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

29 Nov 2006, 4:57 pm

MelancholyBunny wrote:
There's a condition postpartum psychosis, sort of like postpartum depression, except you aren't depressed, when a women who has recently given birth loses touch with reality.
I know someone who works with midwives, who told them about a woman who was admitted to hospital with postpartum psychosis, the woman claimed that her child was the spawn of the devil, that it was an alien and it shouldn't exist, she tried to "return" the baby, luckily the woman was admitted before the child was harmed.

I was wondering the same thing. I also watched the details about her on Nancy Grace last night. The woman's mother went on and said that the woman's bfriend was very abusive to her, so I wonder if the bfriend had anything to do with it.

en_una_isla
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2006, 5:00 pm

This is post partum psychosis/ depression :(.

janicka
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2006, 6:35 pm

I don't know about this case...

I was watching CNN last night, and the lawyer was saying that the mother came home after the baby had been left with the sitter, and thought that the baby was just sleeping. That actually sounds like a plausible defense. It's a tradgedy no matter what, but I wouldn't jump to conclusions about the mother just yet.

tdbrown82
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

29 Nov 2006, 10:43 pm

jaguars_fan wrote:
I hope the mother gets sent to a aslyum. For a mother to do that to a infant has to be insane.

That or really bored.

Catalyst
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

30 Nov 2006, 2:30 am

jaguars_fan wrote:
For a mother to do that to a infant has to be insane.

Well, first of all, let's quickly remind ourselves that she hasn't been found guilty, only charged. They're pretty sure the baby was nuked, but according the article I read, she says she didn't do it.

Second of all, most mothers who do stupid things because of PPD express remorse, so if it was the mother, this may not be a case of PPD. I refuse to judge crimes of mothers suffering from PPD, because I understand what it's like when your brain isn't firing on all cylinders. So if it's PPD, I'll stay out of it... but if it's not.... whoever the guilty party is should be beaten to death with a clawhammer.

jaguars_fan
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

30 Nov 2006, 11:14 am

Catalyst wrote:
jaguars_fan wrote:
For a mother to do that to a infant has to be insane.

Well, first of all, let's quickly remind ourselves that she hasn't been found guilty, only charged. They're pretty sure the baby was nuked, but according the article I read, she says she didn't do it.

Second of all, most mothers who do stupid things because of PPD express remorse, so if it was the mother, this may not be a case of PPD. I refuse to judge crimes of mothers suffering from PPD, because I understand what it's like when your brain isn't firing on all cylinders. So if it's PPD, I'll stay out of it... but if it's not.... whoever the guilty party is should be beaten to death with a clawhammer.

In any case, I wouldn't be surprized that she might use the PPD as a defense. Worked with Andrea Yates.

Catalyst
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

30 Nov 2006, 11:55 am

jaguars_fan wrote:
In any case, I wouldn't be surprized that she might use the PPD as a defense. Worked with Andrea Yates.

Nor would I, but like I said, if it were PPD, she'd probably be showing some remorse. THe fact that she is claiming she is not guilty now is going to count against her in such a claim.

janicka
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2006, 12:59 pm

Catalyst wrote:
Nor would I, but like I said, if it were PPD, she'd probably be showing some remorse. THe fact that she is claiming she is not guilty now is going to count against her in such a claim.

I agree.

Does anyone know why the babysitter isn't being looked at more carefully as a suspect? I actually believe the mother when she says that she didn't do it. What's more, the babysitter was around the baby during the time that he died. If the cops are not looking into this further for a reason, I would really like to hear the reason.

jaguars_fan
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

30 Nov 2006, 1:11 pm

janicka wrote:
Catalyst wrote:

I agree.

Does anyone know why the babysitter isn't being looked at more carefully as a suspect? I actually believe the mother when she says that she didn't do it. What's more, the babysitter was around the baby during the time that he died. If the cops are not looking into this further for a reason, I would really like to hear the reason.

I didn't hear anymore about this. I guess I can watch the news tonight when I get back from the Bengals game. This happened right here in Ohio, so I it would proberly on the local news here.

parts
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2006, 1:21 pm

Of course she's insane everybody knows babies should be slow cooked and basted microwaving them makes them all rubbery

janicka
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2006, 1:21 pm

jaguars_fan wrote:
I didn't hear anymore about this. I guess I can watch the news tonight when I get back from the Bengals game. This happened right here in Ohio, so I it would proberly on the local news here.

I only saw her lawyer talking about the babysitter on CNN. Other than that, the media hasn't really given much thought to the babysitter other than saying that the mother is claiming that she got home and the sitter said the baby was asleep. Her lawyer said that as well, and added that the mother just peeked through the door at the baby, and didn't realize that he was dead until later when she checked on why he wasn't waking up.

I believe it because it makes sense. If you've ever taken care of a baby, you know that you pretty much let them sleep once they fall asleep. It's perfectly normal to just peek at the baby through a crack in the door and not go near their crib once they are sleeping. I guess some people could say that it's bad parenting - I really don't think so. I think she acted like a normal responsible parent and trusted the sitter.

Also, her lawyer was saying that she had taken a polygraph at her own expense and passed. The lawyer said that she would be willing to take a polygraph that is administered by the police department. I know that those things are not admissible in court, but to go on CNN and say that she would be willing to take one given by the cops speaks volumes to me.

Gamester
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2006, 2:19 pm

Andrea Yate?!

That was a whole different story. Andrea thought that God spoke to her saying that her children needed to be saved. she suffered from a God complex with hallucinitory backround.

Catalyst
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

30 Nov 2006, 2:47 pm

Yes, but the complex she had was because of post partum depression.

Sadly, I think the only mercy you can give such a person is a bullet to the head. If I snapped and killed my kids, I wouldn't be able to live with myself.

jaguars_fan
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

30 Nov 2006, 2:51 pm

Catalyst wrote:
Yes, but the complex she had was because of post partum depression.

Sadly, I think the only mercy you can give such a person is a bullet to the head. If I snapped and killed my kids, I wouldn't be able to live with myself.

It is so unthinkable that a mother would do that to their own flesh and blood, but sadly this type of stuff you hear on the news so often.