Has anyone tried to sue you once or get you in jail?

Page 3 of 4 [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

MyFutureSelfnMe
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2012, 7:18 pm

Last edited by MyFutureSelfnMe on 13 Aug 2012, 9:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MyFutureSelfnMe
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2012, 7:20 pm

Last edited by MyFutureSelfnMe on 13 Aug 2012, 9:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MyFutureSelfnMe
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2012, 7:36 pm

Anyway, peruse and I'll delete after. The cases are all dead.

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2012, 11:04 pm

i wasn't online, so the posts are long gone. oh well

JacobV
Toucan
Toucan

23 Sep 2012, 12:22 pm

I was personally falsely accused of simple assault by 34 y/o woman i dated for a month. she acted sweet and seductive at first and i fell for her. after a while she moved in and started harrassing my friends and roommates and my roommates ended up leaving. once she had me isolated she started a huge arguemend cornering me and yelling in my face about how she can "get rid of me" if i dont follow her rules. eventually one morning she woke me up with the same usual verbal assaults and after i told her to leave or i'll call the cops I left for work. I later found out that she got a charge of simple assault and a restraining order out against me. She had gone to the hospital that day with a swollen hand claiming that I slammed her hand in a door, choked her throat, punched her, and threw her against walls. She also made up an incredible history of violence and abuse by me. I was completely shocked... after she hit me and yells at me and was nasty to me for over a month she had the guts to accuse ME of being a domestic abuser??? That was so incredibly malicious it felt like she was planning it from the start but i will never know.

I'm far from a smart or successful man but i'm 30 y/o and i've never raised a hand on a woman in my life. I've never been accused by anyone of being violent and I've never punched or choked anyone or anything in my life ever. And throwing people around walls? seriously? I'm 5'7 and haven't worked out a day in my life and she was taller than me. I spent thousands on a lawyer because this lady somehow hurt her hand and made up a story to force the state to file criminal charges against me and it seemed very serious. after I lost my roommates I couldnt afford my payments and my tiny house was now in foreclosure. The Judge and prosecutor in the court had a instant dislike of me because of the way I spoke or my lack of eye contact or a mix of both. Some investigating turned out that she had received 2 large sums of money from similar charges back in 2000... and then again in 2008. She was a vindictive person with severe borderline personality disorder and she thought she could get her way by fabricating an assault with a weak-hearted aspie guy like me and get away with it. She manipulated the courts and everyone else around her. interestingly enough my boss believed me the whole way through. I've only worked for him a year but he's seen me through all sorts of demanding situations and he knows me enough to know there is no way in hell i would physically hurt someone.. it's not something I ever consider when i'm argueing with someone.. it just doesnt cross my mind... it's brutish. but anyway... It leaves me wondering how many other women out there are like this. I made the mistake of putting women on a pedestool. big mistake. women are no better than men, they are just the same and there certainly are some evil/psychotic ones out there. Be careful out there my brothers. :cry:

I've found myself oddly attracted to other NA's in my life. This girl gave NA's a terrible name. I had a really good schitzo friend growing up and while he said crazy things and got himself constantly in trouble he would have never ever done anything evil like this to me... some people are just rotten.

There are a lot of guys out there who have been through what I have been through. They just don't talk about it because there is social stigma attached to it. the minute you hear domestic violence, abuse, etc.. you tend to think that it's true. No? Think about all the celebrities out there who get accused of things... and we just assume it's true. It hurts and ruins people. Well I don't care about my own social needs because I had my story to tell, and I have told it. I hope it will somehow help other aspies. Thanks for reading

Last edited by JacobV on 24 Sep 2012, 3:51 am, edited 4 times in total.

Sean_91
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

23 Sep 2012, 11:58 pm

Two years ago, a woman in her early 30's tried to accuse me of sexual harassment just because we were both riding the same bus and attending the same college. What's worse was that she did not say it to me directly, but to a few passengers who were sitting next to her!! ! Thank goodness I was not officially accuses or charged. This woman also tried to do the same to several guys at the college that she didn't like, but failed each and every time. She definitely was a close-minded loud-mouthed ignoramus and very few people liked her, particularly men.

Circle989898
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2012, 1:57 am

hyperlexian wrote:
as to the OP, i have not been arrested or sued before. i live in Canada, where people are not sued too often. and i am not in any sort of high risk lifestyle where i am too likely to get arrested. i did trespass once in trainyards and the officer told me i could have been arrested, but that is the closest i have come. i would like to be arrested someday when i am older, just for the experience.

From experience I wouldn't want to be arrested. Jail is no picnic and I'm sure someone with AS wouldn't like it. And depending on where you live you could end up with some real criminals in the holding cell.

hanyo
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2012, 3:41 am

I have a hard time imagining that most rape cases aren't true but that could be because I'm a woman and wouldn't make stuff up. There are a lot that go unreported for various reasons, like the woman thinking they wouldn't be believed or being ashamed.

I don't know how or if I could report a rape considering that going through a pelvic exam is horrible and painful enough for me even now. I wouldn't be able to let them do that to me after a rape. Plus going to court was awful when I was a witness to a crime and it made me think twice about calling the police again.

Rascal77s
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2012, 4:15 am

OliveOilMom wrote:
The thing about the two times I went when innocent is that my mother, who has borderline personality disorder,

Funny that you say that, out of the 3 times for me where someone actually tried to get me imprisoned, two were women that I was in long term relationships with who were BPD. I don't know what it is about women with BPD that attracts me. For some reason their antics amuse me. The 3rd incident was self defence and didn't involve any women; I went to court but not to jail :)

I do know that guilty as sin thing you were talking about though :lol:

Ganondox
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2012, 4:57 am

hyperlexian wrote:
MyFutureSelfnMe wrote:
I think women, more than men, tend to put value in things that are hard to denominate like sympathy. Depraved women can go as far as filing false criminal charges just for it, yes. Men usually stick to things you can put a dollar value on.

men are responsible for most violent assaults (including murders) and rapes. neither of which has monetary value attached to it. one is often an emotional act and the other is often a mixture of emotions, control, and sexual impulse.

Men are more likely to attack physically, women verbally.

Through other people's eyes

Autism FAQs http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt186115.html

Moonhawk
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2012, 5:19 am

JacobV wrote:
I was personally falsely accused of simple assault by 34 y/o woman i dated for a month. she acted sweet and seductive at first and i fell for her. after a while she moved in and started harrassing my friends and roommates and my roommates ended up leaving. once she had me isolated she started a huge arguemend cornering me and yelling in my face about how she can "get rid of me" if i dont follow her rules. eventually one morning she woke me up with the same usual verbal assaults and after i told her to leave or i'll call the cops I left for work. I later found out that she got a charge of simple assault and a restraining order out against me. She had gone to the hospital that day with a swollen hand claiming that I slammed her hand in a door, choked her throat, punched her, and threw her against walls. She also made up an incredible history of violence and abuse by me. I was completely shocked... after she hit me and yells at me and was nasty to me for over a month she had the guts to accuse ME of being a domestic abuser??? That was so incredibly malicious it felt like she was planning it from the start but i will never know.

I'm far from a smart or successful man but i'm 30 y/o and i've never raised a hand on a woman in my life. I've never been accused by anyone of being violent and I've never punched or choked anyone or anything in my life ever. And throwing people around walls? seriously? I'm 5'7 and haven't worked out a day in my life and she was taller than me. I spent thousands on a lawyer because this lady somehow hurt her hand and made up a story to force the state to file criminal charges against me and it seemed very serious. after I lost my roommates I couldnt afford my payments and my tiny house was now in foreclosure. The Judge and prosecutor in the court had a instant dislike of me because of the way I spoke or my lack of eye contact or a mix of both. Some investigating turned out that she had received 2 large sums of money from similar charges back in 2000... and then again in 2008. She was a vindictive person with severe borderline personality disorder and she thought she could get her way by fabricating an assault with a weak-hearted aspie guy like me and get away with it. She manipulated the courts and everyone else around her. interestingly enough my boss believed me the whole way through. I've only worked for him a year but he's seen me through all sorts of demanding situations and he knows me enough to know there is no way in hell i would physically hurt someone.. it's not something I ever consider when i'm argueing with someone.. it just doesnt cross my mind... it's brutish. but anyway... It leaves me wondering how many other women out there are like this. I made the mistake of putting women on a pedestool. big mistake. women are no better than men, they are just the same and there certainly are some evil/psychotic ones out there. Be careful out there my brothers. :cry:

I've found myself oddly attracted to other NA's in my life. This girl gave NA's a terrible name. I had a really good schitzo friend growing up and while he said crazy things and got himself constantly in trouble he would have never ever done anything evil like this to me... some people are just rotten.

There are a lot of guys out there who have been through what I have been through. They just don't talk about it because there is social stigma attached to it. the minute you hear domestic violence, abuse, etc.. you tend to think that it's true. No? Think about all the celebrities out there who get accused of things... and we just assume it's true. It hurts and ruins people. Well I don't care about my own social needs because I had my story to tell, and I have told it. I hope it will somehow help other aspies. Thanks for reading

Thank you for your story :o It was very interesting to read, can i ask how it worked out in the end? I think its a good warning, i don't need it personally because i'm already very wary, but i think it will help others though :) Better to prevent things like that from happening to other people. And i'm sorry that it happened to you, and i wonder what was wrong with that court and what not, over here she would have gotten a psychiatric evaluation first, i mean in cases like that x_x

webster
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

24 Sep 2012, 6:44 am

I had a misunderstanding with my mum when I was younger, which ended up with me throwing a brick at the back door window =/

The police came and I ended up sleeping in a cell all night.

The police officers were very polite though =]

JacobV
Toucan
Toucan

24 Sep 2012, 4:39 pm

Moonhawk wrote:
JacobV wrote:
Thank you for your story :o It was very interesting to read, can i ask how it worked out in the end? I think its a good warning, i don't need it personally because i'm already very wary, but i think it will help others though :) Better to prevent things like that from happening to other people. And i'm sorry that it happened to you, and i wonder what was wrong with that court and what not, over here she would have gotten a psychiatric evaluation first, i mean in cases like that x_x

According to the lawyer I hired there was nothing wrong with the court. When a woman accuses a man of something and goes to the hospital with bruises and a good story of abuse, they automatically file criminal charges without doing any background checks on the accuser. This is just how things work in America and it may be like that elsewhere as well. Basically the courts, the hospitals, and almost everyone else will assume that women can't be malicious. Sadly this is what I used to think as well. Because of how the system is built, many more men and possibly women too will be suffering and have their lives destroyed for something they did not do... this is the modern day version of the old blood libels and witch hunts back in the day. I've always felt protective of the women in my life and I understand where these laws are coming from. They are meant to protect women... it is just a pity that some women choose to abuse it.

MagicMeerkat
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2017, 1:59 pm

I once had someone threaten to call the police on me because I took a wild snake from them that they were going to kill. I wasn't innocent or guilty but the snake was 100% innocent. I knew I wouldn't be able to live with myself if I had let them kill it and didn't do anything to try and stop them. And I'd do it again if I had too.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

25 Mar 2017, 1:49 am

My mom threatened to have me arrested lots of times when I had meltdowns with her but she never actually tried. She also threatened to put me in juvi, military school, put me up for adoption or kick me out of the house but never tried. I had LOTs of bad meltdowns with my parents as a kid until I moved in with my girlfriend at 28 but they were very critical of my Aspie & many other issues. I never been sued or arrested or anything thou cuz I always kept to myself & am eager to please authority just not my parents.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2017, 2:18 am

I was threatened to be sued and I was rear ended. If I took it to the insurance, she would have sued me and she had a tape recorder and camera and everything. I didn't know why then she was taking photos of my bumper and she wouldn't tell me why she was doing it when I asked. But it was all manipulation and I didn't even know it and I was not aware of the law our state had that anyone who rear ends up is always at fault unless you back into them. Would she have actually sued me, I don't know. She said she had a bad beck so the bump was hard on her back and neck. But I am sure I would have won the case if she took it to court but it would have meant paying attorney fees to defend myself and I didn't want to go through that and I didn't have the money and she said neither did she so how would she have sued? :? I hear attorneys can do it for free if they think they will win and if you lose, you lose your stuff if you don't have money but because I have anxiety, I didn't think rationally and then it was too late when I realized. So maybe it wouldn't have happened because she wouldn't have had a case and a lawyer might not have done it if they are honest because they know she will lose. But I have heard of people winning when they were clearly at fault and the victim would lose the case because of kind of lawyer they had. I don't know. That is why I didn't report it to the insurance and luckily there was no serious damage to my car but paint being chipped off.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.