Has anyone tried to sue you once or get you in jail?

Page 1 of 4 [ 49 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Uprising
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2012, 11:00 am

And were you innocent?

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2012, 11:36 am

I've been to jail twice when I was innocent. Three times if you count a technicality. The rest of the times I was guilty as sin, but nothing was a felony or even a serious misdemeanor.

ETA; The thing about the two times I went when innocent is that my mother, who has borderline personality disorder, put me in there both times and I honestly don't know what her motive was. It could have been for sympathy from other people, it could have been to create drama so she could step in and be the person to fix everything and get attention, or she could have just suddenly decided that she basically cant stand me, which she does fairly often. She likes to create drama then offer to fix it and keep me out of whatever has to be done to fix it and not let me tell anyone my side. She's batsh*t crazy.

The link to the forum is http://www.rightplanet.proboards.com

nrgandy
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

11 Aug 2012, 2:57 pm

yeah im currently on bail for rape and im innocent! it has totaly messed my head up tbh the girl was the one who showed interest in me but she was a friends sister so I promised him I would not make a move but I said if she makes a move I wouldnt knock her back.
she rang me one night and i picked her up and we came back to mine and hooked up she asked me to do it before I even had the chance to think it and then she left and I got arrested 5am the next morning I dont know why shes done it and its just confused me to why she has done it.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2012, 3:09 pm

A lady had threatened to sue me once when her son rear ended me and she said if I took it to the insurance, she will sue me because she has neck problems. She also said it was my fault. Now I know that in my state the person behind is always at fault unless you back into them. But it was too late because I didn't have the license number. No way could I have reported it to the police. I was totally manipulated and she probably didn't have car insurance or her son didn't have a learner's permit or had no license and she was trying to keep him from getting into trouble. I felt sorry for the kids because they were learning to be dishonest and manipulate people to avoid trouble. They did have another child in the backseat and she looked to be about 13 or 14.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

Uprising
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2012, 3:30 pm

nrgandy wrote:
yeah im currently on bail for rape and im innocent! it has totaly messed my head up tbh the girl was the one who showed interest in me but she was a friends sister so I promised him I would not make a move but I said if she makes a move I wouldnt knock her back.
she rang me one night and i picked her up and we came back to mine and hooked up she asked me to do it before I even had the chance to think it and then she left and I got arrested 5am the next morning I dont know why shes done it and its just confused me to why she has done it.

Is your friend into this by any chance?

If yes, then he was never really your friend.

nrgandy

11 Aug 2012, 3:39 pm

i dont think so he even said he didnt belive it but when he saw her he did.
he was my best mate and saw each other nearly every day and whenever i saw her she used to always make a effort to talk to me and showed signs of interest. its all a f****d up tbh i really dont know what to think about the situation but im sure i wont get sent down as her story doesnt tie up with facts that i have proof of and ive been rebailed 3 times now.

abstract
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

12 Aug 2012, 8:14 pm

[quote="League_Girl"]A lady had threatened to sue me once when her son rear ended me and she said if I took it to the insurance, she will sue me because she has neck problems. She also said it was my fault. Now I know that in my state the person behind is always at fault unless you back into them./quote]
A similar situation happened to my dad. He was on a wet road right around the freezing point, the car in front of him stopped on a patch of ice and he managed to stop but the car behind him didn't. This individual then sued him even though she was at fault.

aspiemike
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2012, 10:16 pm

Currently in the process of a legal matter. Not really allowed to speak too much about it. I am innocent though.

MyFutureSelfnMe
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2012, 11:16 pm

I've been locked up in Manhattan Central Booking twice and was innocent both times. The first time, charges were dropped immediately, the second time I ended up having to be really aggressive legally before they would drop charges and it took some time and money. The second time they arrested me at the beginning of Hurricane Irene and I had to sit down there 3 days (actually more accurately I stood for the entire 72 hours virtually nonstop) waiting for court to reopen. Central Booking is the worst place in the developed world.

MyFutureSelfnMe
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2012, 11:19 pm

League_Girl wrote:
A lady had threatened to sue me once when her son rear ended me and she said if I took it to the insurance, she will sue me because she has neck problems. She also said it was my fault. Now I know that in my state the person behind is always at fault unless you back into them. But it was too late because I didn't have the license number. No way could I have reported it to the police. I was totally manipulated and she probably didn't have car insurance or her son didn't have a learner's permit or had no license and she was trying to keep him from getting into trouble. I felt sorry for the kids because they were learning to be dishonest and manipulate people to avoid trouble. They did have another child in the backseat and she looked to be about 13 or 14.

Wow, you let her play you. She committed a hit and run, and she can and would go to jail for that.

MyFutureSelfnMe
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2012, 11:20 pm

abstract wrote:
League_Girl wrote:
A lady had threatened to sue me once when her son rear ended me and she said if I took it to the insurance, she will sue me because she has neck problems. She also said it was my fault. Now I know that in my state the person behind is always at fault unless you back into them./quote]
A similar situation happened to my dad. He was on a wet road right around the freezing point, the car in front of him stopped on a patch of ice and he managed to stop but the car behind him didn't. This individual then sued him even though she was at fault.

Did she win?

Edit: I was talking about Abstract's post. Screw WP's software.

Last edited by MyFutureSelfnMe on 13 Aug 2012, 12:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

MyFutureSelfnMe
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2012, 11:21 pm

OliveOilMom wrote:
I've been to jail twice when I was innocent. Three times if you count a technicality. The rest of the times I was guilty as sin, but nothing was a felony or even a serious misdemeanor.

ETA; The thing about the two times I went when innocent is that my mother, who has borderline personality disorder, put me in there both times and I honestly don't know what her motive was. It could have been for sympathy from other people, it could have been to create drama so she could step in and be the person to fix everything and get attention, or she could have just suddenly decided that she basically cant stand me, which she does fairly often. She likes to create drama then offer to fix it and keep me out of whatever has to be done to fix it and not let me tell anyone my side. She's batsh*t crazy.

Based on what you've shared about your life (you were actually involved with a meth house) you have a problem.

MyFutureSelfnMe
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2012, 11:23 pm

nrgandy wrote:

That's nuts. Half the guys who get arrested for rape are innocent. In my personal opinion, she should actually die for this. No, really.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2012, 2:03 am

abstract wrote:
League_Girl wrote:
A lady had threatened to sue me once when her son rear ended me and she said if I took it to the insurance, she will sue me because she has neck problems. She also said it was my fault. Now I know that in my state the person behind is always at fault unless you back into them./quote]

I hope she lost the case. Did she? I assume she is the one who rear ended him.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2012, 2:05 am

MyFutureSelfnMe wrote:
League_Girl wrote:

Wow, you let her play you. She committed a hit and run, and she can and would go to jail for that.

I was naive and didn't know the law. I believed her. People can still take advantage of me. By the time I knew, it was too late. I now keep a pen with me in the car so that way I can write down the license number if I run into another collision and they try and pull a stunt on me.

blue_bean
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2012, 2:41 am

MyFutureSelfnMe wrote:
nrgandy wrote:

That's nuts. Half the guys who get arrested for rape are innocent. In my personal opinion, she should actually die for this. No, really.

Death penalty is a bit rough innit? This isn't Pakistan.

It's a bit of a low thing to do a friend anyway (regardless of whether she initiated). If you respect your friend you respect their direct family as well, not see them as a conquests.