Has anyone tried to sue you once or get you in jail?

Page 1 of 4 [ 49 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

blue_bean
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2012, 2:41 am

MyFutureSelfnMe wrote:
nrgandy wrote:
yeah im currently on bail for rape and im innocent! it has totaly messed my head up tbh the girl was the one who showed interest in me but she was a friends sister so I promised him I would not make a move but I said if she makes a move I wouldnt knock her back.
she rang me one night and i picked her up and we came back to mine and hooked up she asked me to do it before I even had the chance to think it and then she left and I got arrested 5am the next morning I dont know why shes done it and its just confused me to why she has done it.

That's nuts. Half the guys who get arrested for rape are innocent. In my personal opinion, she should actually die for this. No, really.

Death penalty is a bit rough innit? This isn't Pakistan.

It's a bit of a low thing to do a friend anyway (regardless of whether she initiated). If you respect your friend you respect their direct family as well, not see them as a conquests.

Dillogic
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2012, 3:01 am

That's one thing I always thought was utterly stupid:

Someone can cry "rape" and then it's your word versus theirs. (Throw in the lack of social cues with an ASD and you're going to look guilty to the first responders.)

Far too many ways to get in trouble when you don't actually do anything wrong.

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2012, 3:09 am

MyFutureSelfnMe wrote:
nrgandy wrote:
yeah im currently on bail for rape and im innocent! it has totaly messed my head up tbh the girl was the one who showed interest in me but she was a friends sister so I promised him I would not make a move but I said if she makes a move I wouldnt knock her back.
she rang me one night and i picked her up and we came back to mine and hooked up she asked me to do it before I even had the chance to think it and then she left and I got arrested 5am the next morning I dont know why shes done it and its just confused me to why she has done it.

That's nuts. Half the guys who get arrested for rape are innocent. In my personal opinion, she should actually die for this. No, really.

no, not half. you've manufactured a statistic that doesn't actually hold any water. the statisticians, psychologists, and sociologists know that a small percentage of women may create false charges, but most women actually never come forward. every single female of my friends and family has been raped, yet not a single one ever pressed any charges. rape is not such an uncomment event that it should be viewed with such skepticism.

the fact that you would believe a man's story of false charges on the internet at face value, yet assume that 50% of women are lying, says a great deal about your underlying ideologies. i am not saying the member is lying because obviously we cannot know. but you believe without reservation, and that is very telling. you would even sentence the female in question to death, with no facts other than one side of the story.

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2012, 3:10 am

Dillogic wrote:

Someone can cry "rape" and then it's your word versus theirs. (Throw in the lack of social cues with an ASD and you're going to look guilty to the first responders.)

it is a similar situation for a great many crimes. it's called "credibility".

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2012, 3:13 am

as to the OP, i have not been arrested or sued before. i live in Canada, where people are not sued too often. and i am not in any sort of high risk lifestyle where i am too likely to get arrested. i did trespass once in trainyards and the officer told me i could have been arrested, but that is the closest i have come. i would like to be arrested someday when i am older, just for the experience.

nrgandy
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

13 Aug 2012, 3:19 am

i didnt see her as a conquest by the way i actually liked her and if she wanted a relationship i proberbly would.
oh and btw the girl also tryed to steel my wallet and i belive she was after my car keys too i do think she deserves to go to prison for this and at times i have thought she should die.
see this is why im starting to give up at finding a decent relationship because everytime i try i get f****d over in one way or another

Dillogic
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2012, 3:30 am

hyperlexian wrote:

What's "credible"? Someone without prior convictions? Lots of people there who aren't credible. Besides, proof of guilt shouldn't actually rely on factors that don't relate to the crime in question, just the evidence of said crime.

It's not like a situation with many crimes (especially the severity of the crime and the punishment of the same), as the evidence isn't tangible here; there's one person who says one thing and another person who says another, and that's all the evidence you have (rape itself will often come with physical signs, from struggle and other factors, but technically, they don't have to be there).

Both individuals face severe penalty, and only one can "win".

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2012, 3:35 am

Dillogic wrote:
hyperlexian wrote:

What's "credible"? Someone without prior convictions? Lots of people there who aren't credible. Besides, proof of guilt shouldn't actually rely on factors that don't relate to the crime in question, just the evidence of said crime.

It's not like a situation with many crimes (especially the severity of the crime and the punishment of the same), as the evidence isn't tangible here; there's one person who says one thing and another person who says another, and that's all the evidence you have (rape itself will often come with physical signs, from struggle and other factors, but technically, they don't have to be there).

Both individuals face severe penalty, and only one can "win".

the punishment for rape is quite lenient, in fact. more lenient than for property crimes in many cases.

some evidence is usually required beyond spoken testimony, by the way. it's not usually like 2 people take the stand and slag each other, but for some reason people are coming to that conclusion. perhaps it would be advantageous for people to witness full trials as opposed to making assumptions based on word-of-mouth accounting of trial events.

i think "credibility" is nonsense, but it is used as a factor is many many cases (not just rape trials), even for such cases as property crimes.

Dillogic
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2012, 3:37 am

I actually have two relatives who proclaimed a parent raped them. I have absolutely no idea who is "right". I can say the people who proclaimed such were lying, as both aren't "credible" at all; drug addicts, both in trouble with the law due to such, both seriously mentally ill--but then, how can I say these things take away the possibility of the claim?

It's such a mess.

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2012, 3:50 am

Dillogic wrote:
I actually have two relatives who proclaimed a parent raped them. I have absolutely no idea who is "right". I can say the people who proclaimed such were lying, as both aren't "credible" at all; drug addicts, both in trouble with the law due to such, both seriously mentally ill--but then, how can I say these things take away the possibility of the claim?

It's such a mess.

what i tend to keep in mind is what each person (the potential perpetrator and the potential victim) can gain from lying. one party has a lot to gain if they "win", and the other one has a lot to lose if they "win".

an accused person's life will be ruined either way, to a degree, but their lives will be significantly better if they are found not guilty.

on the other hand, the accuser's life generally does not improve from having the person found guilty, except from the feeling of safety perhaps. the accuser faces ostracism as people in the family and/or friends scrutinise their actions and often turn away from them, regardless of the truth of the situation (just like it happens for the accused). they are often blamed for the event, even if they were children at the time. and they are looked down upon for ruining someone's reputation regardless of whether it was true or not. and a large number of people assume them to be lying.

their lives are ruined too, even in the case is won. all they would gain is... what? sympathy from a handful of people (which they would get even if they never pressed charges)? or revenge? for what? what did the person do to them that would deserve that? and how is any of it better than if they never said anything at all?

that's not to say that nobody ever lies, but the cases of lying are believe to be quite a small proportion because the benefits of lying are pretty much nonexistent for anyone - except the most twisted or narcissistic individuals who want attention, perhaps. but in the end they don't gain from it either.

MyFutureSelfnMe
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2012, 10:36 am

hyperlexian wrote:
MyFutureSelfnMe wrote:
nrgandy wrote:

no, not half. you've manufactured a statistic that doesn't actually hold any water. the statisticians, psychologists, and sociologists know that a small percentage of women may create false charges, but most women actually never come forward. every single female of my friends and family has been raped, yet not a single one ever pressed any charges. rape is not such an uncomment event that it should be viewed with such skepticism.

the fact that you would believe a man's story of false charges on the internet at face value, yet assume that 50% of women are lying, says a great deal about your underlying ideologies. i am not saying the member is lying because obviously we cannot know. but you believe without reservation, and that is very telling. you would even sentence the female in question to death, with no facts other than one side of the story.

Not with no facts other than one side of the story. But filing false criminal charges against someone for a felony with a long prison sentence is one of the most heinous crimes imaginable, as far as I'm concerned.

I have false criminal charges filed against me all the time. Not for rape, but it's hard for me to imagine even a majority of rape charges are true. It's such an easy thing to claim. Of course I've never been a woman so I could be wrong.

MyFutureSelfnMe
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2012, 10:40 am

hyperlexian wrote:
Dillogic wrote:

It's such a mess.

what i tend to keep in mind is what each person (the potential perpetrator and the potential victim) can gain from lying. one party has a lot to gain if they "win", and the other one has a lot to lose if they "win".

an accused person's life will be ruined either way, to a degree, but their lives will be significantly better if they are found not guilty.

on the other hand, the accuser's life generally does not improve from having the person found guilty, except from the feeling of safety perhaps. the accuser faces ostracism as people in the family and/or friends scrutinise their actions and often turn away from them, regardless of the truth of the situation (just like it happens for the accused). they are often blamed for the event, even if they were children at the time. and they are looked down upon for ruining someone's reputation regardless of whether it was true or not. and a large number of people assume them to be lying.

their lives are ruined too, even in the case is won. all they would gain is... what? sympathy from a handful of people (which they would get even if they never pressed charges)? or revenge? for what? what did the person do to them that would deserve that? and how is any of it better than if they never said anything at all?

that's not to say that nobody ever lies, but the cases of lying are believe to be quite a small proportion because the benefits of lying are pretty much nonexistent for anyone - except the most twisted or narcissistic individuals who want attention, perhaps. but in the end they don't gain from it either.

I think women, more than men, tend to put value in things that are hard to denominate like sympathy. Depraved women can go as far as filing false criminal charges just for it, yes. Men usually stick to things you can put a dollar value on.

MyFutureSelfnMe
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2012, 10:41 am

hyperlexian wrote:
as to the OP, i have not been arrested or sued before. i live in Canada, where people are not sued too often. and i am not in any sort of high risk lifestyle where i am too likely to get arrested. i did trespass once in trainyards and the officer told me i could have been arrested, but that is the closest i have come. i would like to be arrested someday when i am older, just for the experience.

I'm not in any type of high risk lifestyle either, but you wouldn't know it by my legal bills. Incidentally the person who has caused me the most trouble is Canadian.

Get arrested if you want, but DO NOT DO IT IN THE 5 BOROUGHS OF NEW YORK CITY. Central Booking is one of the lowest rungs of hell, maybe Sudan or being homeless in the winter is worse but that's about it.

MyFutureSelfnMe
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2012, 10:47 am

Dillogic wrote:

Rape can be more or less proven if it was forcible and there is tissue damage, but otherwise it's word vs. word. Even with tissue damage you can claim rough sex, although that isn't likely to work. I think all women should be taught that if you get raped, make sure you also get hurt (somewhat). People claiming rape who haven't been hurt creates a legal mess where nothing can be proven but the accused still plea to something.

When programs like the Innocence Project started exonerating convicts based on DNA evidence, the category most frequently proven wrongfully convicted were rapists.

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2012, 6:19 pm

MyFutureSelfnMe wrote:
hyperlexian wrote:
MyFutureSelfnMe wrote:
nrgandy wrote:

Not with no facts other than one side of the story. But filing false criminal charges against someone for a felony with a long prison sentence is one of the most heinous crimes imaginable, as far as I'm concerned.

I have false criminal charges filed against me all the time. Not for rape, but it's hard for me to imagine even a majority of rape charges are true. It's such an easy thing to claim. Of course I've never been a woman so I could be wrong.

just because something is hard for you to imagine doesn't make it untrue. i find it hard to imagine that the space shuttles can possibly leave the earth's atmosphere, but it would not be reasonable to assume that the claims on landing on the moon are false.

(by the way, the Innocence Project only shows that the wrong person was convicted, not that the crimes didn't occur).

what have you been charged with and why would people flag you as a suspect?

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2012, 6:20 pm

MyFutureSelfnMe wrote:
I think women, more than men, tend to put value in things that are hard to denominate like sympathy. Depraved women can go as far as filing false criminal charges just for it, yes. Men usually stick to things you can put a dollar value on.

men are responsible for most violent assaults (including murders) and rapes. neither of which has monetary value attached to it. one is often an emotional act and the other is often a mixture of emotions, control, and sexual impulse.