The WrongPlanet Musicians' Prethread

Page 1 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

lemon
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2006, 12:00 pm

i've got it in .wav and mp3 : the quality might not be 100 % and i don't know what it's worth but i can send it by mail or so, if you want to judge it (the mp3's are around or less than 1 Mb)

Revenant
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2006, 2:12 pm

Anyone into diatonic music here? Or is it just atonal percussive hiphop music the fuss is about?

I'd like to engage in the discussion if we're talking about diatonic music here. Otherwise, I'm outta :P

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2006, 9:28 pm

Revenant wrote:
Anyone into diatonic music here? Or is it just atonal percussive hiphop music the fuss is about?

I'd like to engage in the discussion if we're talking about diatonic music here. Otherwise, I'm outta :P

Its open ended.

Systemofpaul
Butterfly
Butterfly

18 Dec 2006, 1:40 am

Cool forum i have some music up at myspace you can check out.

www.myspace.com/paulsrevenge

its like pop radio garbage punk but i like it anyways. I play everything i can get my hands on for instruments. Music is my only passion.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2006, 6:01 am

Systemofpaul wrote:
Cool forum i have some music up at myspace you can check out.

www.myspace.com/paulsrevenge

its like pop radio garbage punk but i like it anyways. I play everything i can get my hands on for instruments. Music is my only passion.

I've got a cousin who's had a recording studio for years and he's been all into pretty much doing something similar in terms of playing the drums, guitar, keyboard, vocals, and everything else - though I'd kinda liken his sound more to Faith No More/Lost Prophet mixed with some retro-70'sish Iggy Pop/Doors type stuff. It takes a lot of manual talent to be able to do that kind of stuff, being I played guitar for about 10 years and have tried the drums a couple times I know how that goes and its no joke. The only thing that sucks is I guarantee its gotta be pretty expensive to really have things sounding right - like your mics on the drums, it sounds like things are overloaded a bit but at the same time to really have good drum mics that pic things up properly, particularly if you don't have recording foam all over the walls, its gotta be probably upwards of $1000 I'd imagine.

Systemofpaul
Butterfly
Butterfly

25 Dec 2006, 4:06 pm

Ive got about $30,000 worth of gear from guitars to recording equipment. Im completely obsessed i cant help myself. I just record in a spare room in my house no fancy stuff on the walls just plain ole jiprock walls i use protools to clean up the sound as much as i can. But your right its never gonna sound %100 thew ay it should.