Do people see you as an insensitive, rude & cold person?

Page 1 of 3 [ 42 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Cesar
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

27 Aug 2012, 7:09 pm

I believe people see me as a rather cold but polite person

lostgirl1986
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2012, 7:10 pm

Yes, I know that a lot of people do...especially the people who don't really know me.

Tiranasta
Toucan
Toucan

28 Aug 2012, 1:52 am

Some do. Some don't.

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Half of me is in the Washington state, the other Los Angeles.

28 Aug 2012, 8:45 am

Not really. It depends on how my day is going, really.

Quinntilda
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

28 Aug 2012, 8:51 am

Sometimes people think it. If someone says that or tells me I just say its good to be bad.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2012, 11:41 am

When I was a kid and teen, yes. Probably still. I am not good with giving emotional support so people may see me as cold and uncaring. I just know to keep my mouth shut when I know someone is in need of emotional support. I just don't want to say the wrong thing. But people who know me see me as a good and caring person. My husband knows I mean no harm with what I say so he doesn't take what I say personally. He also knows I "don't mean it" when I say it.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

bruinsy33
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

28 Aug 2012, 2:46 pm

My facial expressions are very static and I dislike group settings so I am sure some people have assumed I am antisocial and perhaps rude at times.Luckily,at work most of my socialization is on a one to one basis so while I usually don't talk in a group setting I do quite well in one to one settings,so at work ,at least ,people know my coldness or rudeness is usually contingent upon the social setting I happen to be in.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2012, 2:59 pm

Some do, some don't.

Sylkat
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2014, 11:42 am

I think so.

I frequently say the wrong thing when I try to carry on a conversation, so I have pretty much stopped trying.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

07 Dec 2014, 12:03 pm

I've been accused of that by various people including my parents but others think I'm sensitive, polite & friendly.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

SilverProteus
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2014, 3:28 pm

My enemies do. From their perspective, they're right. :wink:

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2014, 3:32 pm

Uprising wrote:
I got that marked on me since I was a little kid.

Maybe I am just like that, despite my autism.

Anyone else feel the same way about him/herself?

Sometimes, though I suppose in some situations I could really use this to my advantage....but of course I am really not a cold person and don't like to be intentionally rude, but I also didn't like getting bullied as a kid so nowadays I don't try quite as hard never to come off like that as sometimes being rude right back to someone can make them back off.

I still want to go throw eggs and rotted vegtables at the damn liquor store I went to a couple days ago though that would likely be taking it too far. They had the damn price mismarked so I was trying to check the rest of my change and figure out how much I had since I also had to catch the bus...there was no one in line so I wasn't holding anyone up. But they where quite rude trying to rush me then I told them to wait cause I realized I might be short on bus change as was going to pay with my card(if they had some stupid 5 dollar minimum I would have just gotten a 6 pack rather than the pint)...but they're all like nope too late, and then rudely shoved my beer to the side. Made me mad so I just left and said this place sucks I would have stayed and demanded a refund but I was too angry and didn't want to do anything stupid. I should have just acted like I didn't care and calmly demanded a refund in a rather sarcastic manner. Either way i will gladly not go back to that one, there are plenty of others to choose from with actually helpful employees.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2014, 7:38 pm

I'm sure most people see me as a polite and usually friendly person. "Please" and "Thank you" are actually a part of my vocabulary.
But a lot of NT people are very rude, but don't even realize it until someone points it out. And then their excuse is that they were having "a bad day". The very day someone pointed out their rudeness. People must be having a lot bad days, now.

cathylynn
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2014, 8:09 pm

the descriptors i get are aloof and reserved.

Sylkat
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2014, 9:21 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
Uprising wrote:
I got that marked on me since I was a little kid.

Maybe I am just like that, despite my autism.

Anyone else feel the same way about him/herself?

Sometimes, though I suppose in some situations I could really use this to my advantage....but of course I am really not a cold person and don't like to be intentionally rude, but I also didn't like getting bullied as a kid so nowadays I don't try quite as hard never to come off like that as sometimes being rude right back to someone can make them back off.

I still want to go throw eggs and rotted vegtables at the damn liquor store I went to a couple days ago though that would likely be taking it too far. They had the damn price mismarked so I was trying to check the rest of my change and figure out how much I had since I also had to catch the bus...there was lno one in line so I wasn't holding anyone up. But they where quite rude trying to rush me then I told them to wait cause I realized I might be short on bus change as was going to pay with my card(if they had some stupid 5 dollar minimum I would have just gotten a 6 pack rather than the pint)...but they're all like nope too late, and then rudely shoved my beer to the side. Made me mad so I just left and said this place sucks I would have stayed and demanded a refund but I was too angry and didn't want to do anything stupid. I should have just acted like I didn't care and calmly demanded a refund in a rather sarcastic manner. Either way i will gladly not go back to that one, there are plenty of others to choose from with actually helpful employees.

Is there an online site like 'Yelp' where you can review this store?

Lots of people do read those reviews, and detailing your experience could get people treated better at that place.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2014, 12:35 am

There have been certain people that I've known in my life who have said that I'm too sensitive. There was a time that I tried to rebel against that until I had my breakdown in 1998.