Will you play Elder Scrolls Online if it's pay to play?

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

Pondering
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2012, 1:02 pm

I am considering it! From the sound of it, Elder Scrolls Online seems like it will be released as a P2P, but who knows if it will end up as a F2P like so many P2P have in order to gain more profit. When it comes out, I will most likely check out some gameplay footage and reviews before making my decision to pay, but I'm really tempted to try the game out due to my addi..interest in the Elder Scrolls Series, so I may pay no matter what. What about you?

BrokenEnvoke
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

16 Aug 2012, 4:27 pm

As long as it doesn't use HeroEngine (SWTOR) I might be interested.

GreenShadow
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

16 Aug 2012, 5:09 pm

If I like the game, pay-to-play is OK for me (even better than free-to-play model - cause I can say to devs "dudes, there's a problem! I payed you for this game, so fix it quick!" - and they can't answer like spiteful Wargaming "sorry, this game is free-to-play beta (as far from three years), we are still thinking what to break, I mean fix")

So first I have to see Elder Scrolls Online - by demo or beta - then I will decide

Rudicuul
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

16 Aug 2012, 6:01 pm

If it's good and on the PS3, then yes. Pay-to-play is alright as long as the game is really good.

Magnus_Rex
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2012, 6:02 pm

I do not play Pay-to-Play games. Since I know I would get bored with them after a few weeks or months (as I do with every single game I play), it would be a waste of money.

Sorry for this terrible joke, by the way.

Ravenitrius
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2012, 11:58 pm

No. It's not because it's pay to play. It's because the mmo market is saturated with games that are basically the same. I'm not interested in a themepark mmo. I am more interested in a Open Sandbox MMO with Player Run Economy, Player Run Cities/Nations, Player Crafted Goods. I'm holding out for one now.

slovaksiren
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2012, 7:12 am

No, because I'm too poor.

Rarrarr
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

17 Aug 2012, 11:35 am

Perhaps.. but not if it's just another generic MMO. From what i have seen it does look like just another MMO.. Nothing special. But we'll see, maybe. I'd sure love to visit Cyrodiil again.