Page 3 of 5 [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

TheForeverMan
Toucan
Toucan

19 Sep 2016, 7:37 am

A wasted life, is a life that ends.

Since the term "wasted" is based upon either the perception of the self, or other humans. Thus if you're dead, other peoples views mean nothing, nor do your own, since you're dead.

Therefore, no life is wasted in the traditional sense. Unless you decide to hold that perception. But as far as the physical realm is concerned, then "wasted" cannot occur.

Eclipse247
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

24 Sep 2016, 7:05 am

I have wasted the last 10-12 years in burnout as an undiagnosed AS trying to figure out what/why things panned out the way they did. I have lost a lot in that time but finding an answer to the search I have been on has been a help. My son was diagnosed about the same time back but I didn't join the dots. Being unable to see the elephant in the room seems to be a problem for me. I can now see the traits in my own father who died young but was very creative. I am only now examining his legacy.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2016, 7:07 am

^^^^welcome to the club 8)

Eclipse247

24 Sep 2016, 7:29 am

auntblabby wrote:

If thats for me, thanks.
During that time I've put time, money and effort into 1 failed relationship and 1 failing relationship both of which were/are worse than the marriage I was divorced from 10-12 years ago. Failing to see/understand the signs has cost me despite one of my interests being psychology. You need to know when to hold or fold, but if you don't know the deck is loaded, well you can guess.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2016, 7:34 am

Eclipse247 wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

If thats for me, thanks.
During that time I've put time, money and effort into 1 failed relationship and 1 failing relationship both of which were/are worse than the marriage I was divorced from 10-12 years ago. Failing to see/understand the signs has cost me despite one of my interests being psychology. You need to know when to hold or fold, but if you don't know the deck is loaded, well you can guess.

you still did better than me. :wtg:

arthur_arcturus
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

29 Sep 2016, 4:57 pm

All lives are wasted. We're just here spinning on a dot in space, eating and pooping and growing old. Perhaps some lives are well wasted, and some others poorly wasted? :)

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2016, 4:59 pm

waste is a terrible thing to mind.

dreamy
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

08 Oct 2016, 11:32 pm

On another day I might say no there's not such a thing, but I feel like my life is being completely wasted. I don't want to waste my life, but things are not working out. I keep having to do unpleasant work just to make ends meet, and having to skip over things I need, and having verbal conflicts with people. Even when it's not a full conflict, it's unpleasant to me, because they make some hurtful comment(s) even though they are just trying to fill the awkward silence or trying to deal with their own confusion, curiosity, hurt, or expectations.

I feel like I try to help some people with my writing (online), but that it doesn't matter anyway. I feel like I am very forgettable to those people. I was just the stranger or acquaintances who happened to reply. If I hadn't, someone else would have.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2016, 12:22 am

I don't know what i'm supposed to be doing, I only get up every day [so far] and do just what seems natural for me, which isn't a whole lot of anything in particular, other than taking up space.

b9
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2016, 12:37 am

we are all just "star dust" on our way from the stars into black holes.

Jute
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

10 Oct 2016, 2:55 pm

Q) Is there such a thing as a wasted life?

A) It's subjective, so yes, if you think there is such a thing then there is. Personally I don't think that there is such a thing. I've done virtually nothing of any account with my life but that's my choice so who is to say my life was wasted? A life is simply a life... until it ends and that's all there is to it.

Somewhere completely different:

Autism Social Forum

I am no longer active on this forum, I've quit.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2016, 4:56 pm

IMHO people who daily set out to hurt other people, are wasting their lives as well as the lives of their victims.

Meistersinger
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2016, 11:55 pm

As I look back on my nearly 60 years on this piece of rock, i wasted my life on trying to follow my dreams, which, unfortunately turned into nightmares. I'm just waiting to drop dead, since no one in my immediate sphere of influence really care. Basically, everything I tried to do and screwed up royally is my fault, even if the situation was out of my control. I wished my parents would have left me die when I contracted pneumonia at 3 months of age, that way I could have easily been forgotten before I had a chance to inflict my brain-damaged soul on anyone.

slave
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2016, 8:47 pm

QuillAlba wrote:
The only wasted life is the unexamined life.

I lead an examined life and my life is still a waste.
I do, however, respect your different opinion.
Be well.

slave
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2016, 8:49 pm

dreamy wrote:
On another day I might say no there's not such a thing, but I feel like my life is being completely wasted. I don't want to waste my life, but things are not working out. I keep having to do unpleasant work just to make ends meet, and having to skip over things I need, and having verbal conflicts with people. Even when it's not a full conflict, it's unpleasant to me, because they make some hurtful comment(s) even though they are just trying to fill the awkward silence or trying to deal with their own confusion, curiosity, hurt, or expectations.

I feel like I try to help some people with my writing (online), but that it doesn't matter anyway. I feel like I am very forgettable to those people. I was just the stranger or acquaintances who happened to reply. If I hadn't, someone else would have.

Well said.
I can relate.

devilSpawn

15 Feb 2017, 8:27 pm

yep... I am literally a genius who will never amount to anything because I have always lacked adequate support for my "disability" (ahem, inability to make sense of nonsensical s**t like society for instance)