Page 2 of 2 [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

oftenaloof
Raven
Raven

23 Aug 2012, 10:08 am

FMX wrote:
The responses so far are not at all what I'd expect. Just shows how much I still have to learn about AS, I suppose. But also how do people define "in love"? The intensity of your feelings for someone is a range, not a binary switch (out of love/in love), so how do you know you're past the "in love" threshold?

I don't know... I am unsure that anyone could tell someone what "love" really feels like. For me it's a combination of extreme feelings and sensations that are beyond my usual obsession. Granted most new things occupy my entire mind much like a new woman does, but the love distinction usually comes after that initial enamorment phase.

Then again I have been told that I move far too quickly in relationships so perhaps I need to work on holding back a little. Good luck with that.

lambey
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

24 Aug 2012, 4:46 pm

oftenaloof wrote:
FMX wrote:
The responses so far are not at all what I'd expect. Just shows how much I still have to learn about AS, I suppose. But also how do people define "in love"? The intensity of your feelings for someone is a range, not a binary switch (out of love/in love), so how do you know you're past the "in love" threshold?

I don't know... I am unsure that anyone could tell someone what "love" really feels like. For me it's a combination of extreme feelings and sensations that are beyond my usual obsession. Granted most new things occupy my entire mind much like a new woman does, but the love distinction usually comes after that initial enamorment phase.

Then again I have been told that I move far too quickly in relationships so perhaps I need to work on holding back a little. Good luck with that.

yeah this is kinda the same for me.

i've never been in a relationship, but i had a close friendship that was pretty much the same - maybe not to her but i liked her and i spent more and more time with her. i hung on every word she said, i noticed the little habits she had that were cute, and being around her was unusual. it was like i was actually connected to another person in a way that i've never felt. you know when your around people but you don't FEEL it? theres no real happiness there, no warm feeling of knowing someone cares? she gave me that. Slowly i began to become obsessed with her, and being around her made everything seem brighter and more alive. i wanted to be there to protect her and look out for her.

i went from having a crush to being in love with her over the course of about 3 months :P

Fiz
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2012, 5:07 pm

If someone is really special to me, I tend to fall for them very easily. However, I don't show it too much nor do I move too quickly as I am a very cautious person owing to having been hurt in the past. In fact, I will tend to take a step back until that person turns round and says that they love me or want to take things further. I find then that my emotions or feelings do not become too compromised.

Sanctus
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2012, 5:59 am

I only ever was in love once in my life, and that was about 7 years ago (I'm 19). Since then - nothing. I'm starting to think maybe I'm not really capable of love or something like that.

Matt62
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2012, 6:57 pm

When I was in HS, I tended to have these silly little crushes on this girl or that one..
But when I REALLY fell in love, I was totally unprepared for the intensity of it, aside from my very real problems even relating to someone of the opposite sex. It was extremely painful, to say the least...

Sincerely,
Matthew

LaPelirroja
Raven
Raven

26 Aug 2012, 4:55 pm

It might have something to do with the fact that I was homeschooled throughout middle and high school, but the most I've ever felt towards ANYBODY is a mild crush (and she was 10 years my senior- people my own age interest me very little for the most part). I've been physically attracted to a lot of people, but I'm 22 and I have NO idea what falling in love must feel like. I feel like I'm a lot pickier than others. At the moment, although I'm a virgin and I'm not just a little curious what sex might be like, I would still rather wait until I found somebody I could seriously consider spending the rest of my life with. You know, no sex for sex sake. I'm just not socially dexterous enough for that sort of thing.

GreenShadow
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

26 Aug 2012, 5:44 pm

I fall in love one time in my life - it was one of the worst things I ever done

and I won't do it again

that's all