Page 9 of 12 [ 180 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

nopantspolicy
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

11 Jul 2016, 6:01 pm

I hate neurotypical because it's so often used on this forum to describe "Not autistic" as if no other mental disorders exist :roll: Allistic is superior in every way, as a term.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2016, 1:01 pm

v78d6s4nf8234 wrote:
The ideal word to replace neurotypical would be pack animal or pack hunters for those who follow an "alpha" and "alpha" for those who have followers.

These names describe the neurotypicals for what they are. The neurotypicals are social pack animals and alphas who require social interaction.

Confusing.

If you say "pack animal" when you're thinking "wolves", the listener who hears "pack animal" may imagine "burro", "donkey", or "mule". LOL! Not the same kind of "pack animal".

Last edited by naturalplastic on 15 Jul 2016, 1:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2016, 1:06 pm

nopantspolicy wrote:
I hate neurotypical because it's so often used on this forum to describe "Not autistic" as if no other mental disorders exist :roll: Allistic is superior in every way, as a term.

What "ways" are there?

In which of those ways is "allistic" a better term?

clay5
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

15 Jul 2016, 2:30 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
nopantspolicy wrote:

What "ways" are there?

In which of those ways is "allistic" a better term?

What is the meaning of allistic? I know it describes someone who's not autistic, but where does the word come from?

The word "NT" was first used by autistics but then people with other mental disorders started using it too. I think we can continue using it though to describe non-autistic people as I'm sure its original purpose was. And everybody on this forum knows what's meant anyway. (:

animalcrackers
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2016, 12:36 am

unlabelled

Love transcends all.

Jute
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

24 Sep 2016, 3:56 pm

I use the words nautism and nautistic

Somewhere completely different:

Autism Social Forum

I am no longer active on this forum, I've quit.

yelekam
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2016, 11:15 am

I would suggest the word doxist. Since one of the key noticeable features of their mental condition is their mental tendency toward conformity.

Bookmaker
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

29 Sep 2016, 4:44 am

Muggles

Jute
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

01 Oct 2016, 6:47 am

Bookmaker wrote:
Muggles

I think that J. K. Rowling might object to copyright infringement.

Somewhere completely different:

Autism Social Forum

I am no longer active on this forum, I've quit.

Kaybono88
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

12 Jun 2017, 1:55 pm

Socially obedient 8)

Butterfly88
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2017, 2:04 pm

There's no reason to confuse the general public with a new word. Instead we should focus on autism acceptance.

friedmacguffins
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2017, 10:53 am

Alternative for "NT" -- still thinking about it, compromising, living vicariously, dropping hints, (passive) aggressive, procrastinating.

https://www.google.com/#q=wikipedia+liminality
http://neovictorianist.blogspot.com/201 ... hropy.html
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychological_projection
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moral_relativism

You say that you want acceptance. They engage in dialogue, for the sake of negative attention. It's called dialectics.

We think of it, in terms of time management. What is a nameable goal, to be accomplished, by a date, in the short term.

They will be asking what really happened, 200yrs from now.

imo, NT's can't fixate on anything specific. Most interaction is meant to lead you on, or be an ongoing process. It's like the hypnotic induction, where there is a train, balloon, elevator, or cloud, and they are forever chasing some white rabbit, into a state of limbo. All you have to figure out, is how to keep the ball rolling.

They are always getting confused by some new word. You can remember what they said, 20 yrs ago, and already know what they will still be saying, 20 yrs into the future.

friedmacguffins
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2017, 11:02 am

Bookmaker wrote:
Muggles

Kaybono88 wrote:
Socially obedient 8)

:)

BrokenPieces
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2017, 7:31 pm

Quote:
Muggles

xD

Probably the safest and truest term you can use is "non-autistic". It couldn't possibly offend anyone. And J K Rowling can't sue you for saying it.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2017, 7:39 pm

BrokenPieces wrote:
Quote:
Muggles

xD

Probably the safest and truest term you can use is "non-autistic". It couldn't possibly offend anyone. And J K Rowling can't sue you for saying it.

For many on WP they would be more comfortable with "non-diagnosed autistic"

BrokenPieces
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2017, 8:21 pm

:?: Being undiagnosed doesn't mean you're not autistic. You're not autistic just from the moment a professional says you are. Or am I misunderstanding what you mean?