Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

MomtoJoeJoe
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

27 Aug 2012, 6:28 pm

My son is going to be 7 soon and DX Asperger's and ADHD.

He loves milk, 2% or whole he doesn't care. He drinks up to half a gallon of milk everyday! He is not overweight and is very healthy.

Anyone else have a kid obsessed with milk?

miss-understood
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

28 Aug 2012, 7:29 am

Well, i thought my 7 yr old was a milk drinker, he drinks over a litre a day (1/4+ gallon) but yours puts him to shame! This son is NT and has, until this year, been a fussy eater but now eats nearly anything. Maybe they need it... Is your son growing quickly? Mine is at the moment and he is always hungry!

CWA
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2012, 7:41 am

My daughter was like this and would still do this if I allowed her to. When she was ababy/toddler she basically didn't eat solids and instead chugged down milk. She would cry and screama nd refuse food and then slug down cup after cup of the white stuff. As she got older she still drank lots of milk and any food she did eat was mushy or smooth like yogurt. Once I got her onto some baby food type stuff she ate that way longer than most kids and she was a big kid too, 99% eating us out of yogurt and milk all the time. I eventually found a few things she was willing to eat. She is still super picky and if I let her, she would drink her meals. I think it's a texture thing because she own't touch meat at all...

Wreck-Gar
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2012, 7:59 am

Neither of my kids (one on the spectrum, one not) like milk. Must take after me, I always hated it. I'm not lactose intollerant, I just can't stand the texture.

Shatbat
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2012, 8:31 am

I was, and am, obsessed with milk :P
At my early stages ofdevelopment, from what my parents said, I refused to eat any kind of solid food, but I eagerly drank daily, so for a time it was the only way for them to nurture me. I got better though, although I'm still quite the milk lover :lol:

Marms
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

31 Aug 2012, 6:35 pm

Wreck-Gar wrote:
Neither of my kids (one on the spectrum, one not) like milk. Must take after me, I always hated it. I'm not lactose intollerant, I just can't stand the texture.

My daughter who is 12 has never liked white milk, only chocolate when I can get her to drink it. Other than that, she only drinks water. She won't even try soda, tea or juice...not complaining about that.

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2012, 7:31 pm

Up until I was about 12 or 13 I had a milk allergy. I never had milk as a child, and don't really like it now. I do like chocolate and strawberry Quick (not the syrup though) and I love buttermilk, but otherwise, I can't stand drinking milk.

The link to the forum is http://www.rightplanet.proboards.com