Anyone else here go a little mad with the full moon ?

Page 1 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

blue_bean
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2012, 5:22 am

Back when I had a friday night social life, me and my ex-BF used to notice an increase in odd or anti-social behavior once every few weeks or so. We used to look at each other then look to the sky; "yep, full moon" :lol:

keira
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2012, 5:39 am

By the way, I hope this doesn't sound rude, but this part:

Toy_Soldier wrote:
<...> If I am slighted or insulted, even in a minor way, I see red. Bloody red. I do not want to injure, I want to slay and mount their heads on poles. I want to put funny glasses on them and laugh hysterically. <...>

It made me laugh out loud alone in my office. Mostly because that's exactly how I feel today. :oops: I don't know. I'm weird.

Toy_Soldier
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2012, 10:26 am

keira wrote:
By the way, I hope this doesn't sound rude, but this part:
Toy_Soldier wrote:
<...> If I am slighted or insulted, even in a minor way, I see red. Bloody red. I do not want to injure, I want to slay and mount their heads on poles. I want to put funny glasses on them and laugh hysterically. <...>

It made me laugh out loud alone in my office. Mostly because that's exactly how I feel today. :oops: I don't know. I'm weird.

No not rude, or weird. These are just inner and un-acted on thoughts. I am sure most everyone gets them, though not all the same kind. Some are a lot worse. :lol:

CrazyRatLady wrote:
For the ladies: the hormonal peak does not have to come during or right before the period, during ovulation some women might feel more emotional or irritable, too. The ovulation generally occurs two weeks after the period, but it can vary from person to person.

For the wolfman :wink: : hormonal cycles are rarely ever completely regular, what you explain does definitely sound like you might have an extreme form of a natural thing that happens to all people. Maybe seeing your doctor about this is a good idea, what you describe sounds highly unpleasant for both you and those around you.

Bravo to the teen for intelligent scientific arguements! :) You well may be on the right track. For those of us who give some credence to the Theory of Lunacy it is an uphill battle. Lunacy has been studied, but not intensely. It may not be seen as issue warrenting the time and funds needing to be spent, though I am sometimes amazed at the things they do spend lots of resources on studying. And it has also been expressed that the scientific community views it in general as a myth. Well respected researchers might therefore avoid it, not wanting to 'Drink the Kool-Aid'.

Something to note and which has pertinance to me, is that the studies that have been done can find no evidence of the full moon and increased crime. As I alluded to just above, having wilder thoughts does not mean you will act on them. A person who is not criminal does not become criminal under it's effect. If looked at, they must look elsewhere, for it's public manifestation, in the places and events like several here have mentioned.

As far as seeing a doctor on this, there is a problem. If I went in saying I am going a little crazy during the full moon, they will think I am crazy all right. :lol:

But for myself you can put your mind at ease. You are right it is not pleasant to have or be around at all. I only found the link to lunar cycles 3 years ago but have been aware of the rough cycle for a good 15 years and have been working on it since with my wife and now grown children. We worked out the worst of it early on and now have to only manage small fires that might break out. The single most important thing is identifying it is 'That Time'. Once I or especially if my wife says it, I know what is going on and cease to respond to any emotional thoughts I have until the period is over. A medication I started taking for Anxiety has also proven to lessen the intensity of the maddness somewhat. I have had some success in re-directing the extra energy and nervous tension into special work projects.

equestriatola wrote:
Um, not quite for me. I find moonlit nights more calming to me.

That's interesting. The moon also has other associations of course, like romance. Are the others in your area kinda laid back about it like you ? If so, I know which town we will raid and pillage next full moon! :lol: :wink: