Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Sanctus
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2012, 2:54 am

Is your stomach really easy to upset? Mine is.

Eat too little for breakfast, nausea.
Eat too much, painful cramps.
Drive in a car (when I'm not driving myself), nausea.

Dirtdigger
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2012, 6:43 am

Sanctus wrote:
Is your stomach really easy to upset? Mine is.

Eat too little for breakfast, nausea.
Eat too much, painful cramps.
Drive in a car (when I'm not driving myself), nausea.

I've had problems with my stomach all of my life and when I eat something that don't agree with me my body starts talking to me.

Foods that bother my stomach

Ground beef loaded with fat, so I buy very lean
Margerine or anything that is made from hydrogenated oil. I'm OK with real butter.
Certain spices
Soft drinks
Ice Cream
Tomato juice
Orange juice
Sometimes coffee
Chocolate fudge
Cake Icing

GiantHockeyFan
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2012, 6:49 am

Yes, I have an extremely sensitive stomach, so do my parents and my uncle died of stomach cancer a few years ago. That's one of the reasons why I'm such a fussy eater.

lostgirl1986
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2012, 6:50 am

If I eat too much unhealthy foods or I'm really nervous then my stomach gets upset easily.

SavageMessiah
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

31 Aug 2012, 7:10 am

I have generalized anxiety, which causes sensitive stomach symptoms. Most of the time I have indigestion to begin with (and can't eat much anywhere near bedtime).

During long periods of overstimulation and stress, it's terrible. My system liquifies anything I eat, and from excessive sweat and #1 I get constantly dehydrated, so that doesn't help the stomach either. At the worst point, my stomach would flat out reject breakfast.

If anyone out there has stomach problems they should look at possible treatment for comorbid conditions of anxiety/panic or motion sickness.

I don't take anything for my symptoms, sticking with a healthy diet, plenty of sleep, and elimination of stressors/stimuli. Without that I was completely lost at one point. It's no fun having to skip breakfast, etc!

coolies
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

31 Aug 2012, 8:19 am

Stress and anxiety are big triggers for me. Milk and overly fatty foods are no good either

SilverDragonfly
Butterfly
Butterfly

31 Aug 2012, 8:56 am

I have stomach issues. I have been diagnosed with GERD (gastroesophageal reflux disease) which accounts for part of it. My daughter, who also has AS, has issues too. She is lactose intolerant and has trouble with the bacteria in her digestive tract staying at the correct levels. I have read that people on the spectrum have a higher than average incidence of GI issues, but I don't have a reference for that on hand.