Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

realitysucks
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

31 Aug 2012, 2:42 pm

How are they better than tons of coffee and energy drinks?

I hate doctors.

Delphiki
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2012, 2:59 pm

realitysucks wrote:
How are they better than tons of coffee and energy drinks?

I hate doctors.
I wouldn't say tons of coffee, but it is not unheard of for people to drink some caffeine (such as coffee or tea) in the morning as their own way of medicating adhd

AlreadyAgain
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

31 Aug 2012, 7:59 pm

They're not really. Energy drinks are bad, but coffee or tea can be a good thing. It depends on what you think you need since it's your life. If you think ADHD is messing with your life, then maybe medication would be a good stepping stone. I used Adderall to help me establish a routine without feeling like I was drowning. After I got used to a routine, I use coffee and tea to help during certain times, but I am medication free right now. If you are an adult, you can't be forced to take medicine. If you are not an adult, then I would talk to your parents and/or therapist about how you feel.

SyphonFilter
Veteran
Veteran

Location: The intersection of Inkopolis’ Plaza & Square where the Turf Wars lie.

31 Aug 2012, 11:11 pm

I think ADHD meds are better than coffee when you're doing important tasks (paying bills, talking to insurance people over the phone, in a church and/or social situations, working your 9-5 day job, etc). Otherwise I'll just use coffee and energy drinks on days when I know I can relax, usually on the weekends.

Kalinda
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

02 Sep 2012, 3:12 pm

My ADHD meds don't make me jittery, but coffee really messes me up.

"Almost always, the creative dedicated minority has made the world better." Martin Luther King, Jr.