Page 89 of 105 [ 1672 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92 ... 105  Next

nerdygirl
Veteran
Veteran

Magthidon
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

11 Apr 2016, 1:23 am

Hello. I am an electronic music producer and DJ. I just recently put a song up for sale and am hoping to spread my name around.

Here's a link to the song on my SoundCloud:
https://soundcloud.com/djtetra/dj-tetra-meridian-skies-conquest

There's a link in the description of the song that let's you download a free special edition version of the song if you follow me on SoundCloud, or you can listen to the song as much as you want! Or, if you want to support me, you're welcome to check out the shop link. I have the song up on iTunes, Google Play Music, Groove, and some other places.

Feel free to listen to my other songs too!

Edit:
Also wanted to mention, I do a lot of different electronic songs, so if you don't like one song, check out another as it may be in a different genre that is more to your liking!

lymerence
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

11 Apr 2016, 8:16 am

Hey guys :)

I've been into music my whole life but I've only really discovered the art of popular music two years ago, and it's changed my life for the better. I've self-produced my own album in which I played all instruments (apart from the drums), and I'm almost finished with my second. Most of my songs tend to be about unrequited love and the obsessions I get over the girls in question, which is why Lymerence is such a perfect name for the band (the y is because it looks cool). The benefit of not really having many friends is that I could spend all my break times at school for about 6 months working on it.

I need to get on uploading them to soundcloud and YouTube, really. But you can hear them on Bandcamp. It's my dream to be a musician and I'm doing my best to work towards that goal; the only problem is that I need a backing band live and I'm not very good socially, obviously.

Lymerence

lymerence
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

17 Apr 2016, 11:52 am

Here's a song I wrote about wanting to go on a night walk with a girl who lives far away, who left me for her ex and cut off all connections.

https://soundcloud.com/lymerence/night-music

lymerence
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

27 Apr 2016, 12:24 pm

My second album has officially been released!

https://lymerence.bandcamp.com/album/night-music

Outrider
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2016, 8:05 am

Your music is very good lymerance and has a nice atmospheric and spacey tone to it.

I'm wondering, what are some of your musical influences? There's something oddly retro/familier about some of your stuff, as if it's similar to '60s/'70s/'80s British music. A little David Bowie in there perhaps?

Anyway, this is my new and AT LAST completed song. I still might someday work on it once again in the future, but for now, it's sounding at it's best to me personally.

I've already spent countless hours on the production and mixing, and spent some money to get a Hi-resolution MP3 master.

My electronic Trance song, Serenity:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1Taf5U4z0M

littlecatinthewindow
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2016, 3:51 am

https://soundcloud.com/user-759733579

Here's some songs I made. I'll add more later this summer.

justin_havu
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

10 May 2016, 11:07 pm

Some of my music. Enjoy!

FEAR

AWAY FROM THE WORLD

Chummy
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2016, 6:08 pm

justin_havu wrote:
Some of my music. Enjoy!

FEAR

AWAY FROM THE WORLD

Holy hell!!

I just listented to fear and man that's an epic song!! you clearly know your way in music production more than me..
That sick synth solo was on the spot.. :) also favored your guitar, singing and use of effectsXD

What setup/equip are you using? That mic sounds sweet and HQ. Also did you guitar reamp via plug or used real amp and stuff?? what about the synths vst or real? XD

Anyway, these are my best songs, both of them very different from each other.. I hope someone will listen.. hehe

:P :P :P

justin_havu
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

15 May 2016, 10:19 pm

Chummy wrote:
Holy hell!!

I just listented to fear and man that's an epic song!! you clearly know your way in music production more than me..
That sick synth solo was on the spot.. :) also favored your guitar, singing and use of effectsXD

What setup/equip are you using? That mic sounds sweet and HQ. Also did you guitar reamp via plug or used real amp and stuff?? what about the synths vst or real? XD

:P :P :P

RECORDING RIG
- Custom-built PC (AMD FX-6300 6-core @ 3.5GHz, 16GB DDR3, 1TB HDD for Windows 8.1 w/ClassicShell, 1TB HDD for audio storage and sample libraries, and a third 1TB HDD for other backups
- DAW: Cakewalk SONAR X2 Producer
- PreSonus Firestudio Project (x2)
- Mackie SR32-4 mixing desk
- LT Sound 4-band Parametric EQ
- Alesis 3630 2-channel compressor/limiter

Vocal mic is an MXL 990

Synths are a mix of Omnisphere and a Kurzweil K2000VP keyboard

Bass is the real deal--Ibanez Soundgear series 6-string

Guitar is a sample library as part of Omnisphere--I can play a little bit of guitar, but nowhere near what I hear in my head when composing. Amp modeling is also done in Omnisphere.

The key to becoming a better producer, as far as I'm concerned, is to listen to many different styles of music, from every generation (60's, 70's, 80's, etc) and really soak it all in. Over time, your musical ear will be able to discern between different eras. It's pretty easy for me to tell the difference between something recorded in the 70's versus something done in the 90's. Also, don't be afraid to experiment with effects--try them, listen to what each one does, and practice, practice, practice.

justin_havu
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

15 May 2016, 10:48 pm

BTW, if anyone "on the outside" ever wants to know what it feels like to be overstimulated due to Asperger's/ASD, agoraphobia, social anxiety, etc. "Fear" pretty much explains it. That's what the song is about.

justin_havu
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

06 Jun 2016, 5:45 am

Picked up my fretless one day last week and was inspired to write this tune. BTW, I'm a proud Christian, and a lot of my music can be classified as Contemporary Christian, but sometimes it can cross over to other genres.

WALK WITH ME

b9
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2016, 7:39 am

well here is a song that was made up and played by a program i wrote that was quite complicated, but it is an interesting new addition to this thread i guess.
gifted people will see the reality of the correctness of the notes and average people will hear it as a simple misguided cacophony and switch it off i think.
can a computer compose music? it depends on the program it is executing.
this will sound disastrous to most ears but i like it.
gifted people will be able to position the notes in their appreciation i am sure.

http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=13404783

b9
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2016, 6:18 am

another one i will post is a non programatic rendition of a christmas carol that i like and it can be played at any time of year if you like it so...............i like jazz ways of interpretation and i guess it is not a sin.it is a great song and deserves to be adulated from any angle really
http://www.soundclick.com/player/single ... 83981&q=hi

coleslaw
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

20 Jul 2016, 8:03 am

b9 wrote:
well here is a song that was made up and played by a program i wrote that was quite complicated, but it is an interesting new addition to this thread i guess.
gifted people will see the reality of the correctness of the notes and average people will hear it as a simple misguided cacophony and switch it off i think.
can a computer compose music? it depends on the program it is executing.
this will sound disastrous to most ears but i like it.
gifted people will be able to position the notes in their appreciation i am sure.

This is neat, what did you write the program in? And for computer composed music, have you heard of generative music?

coleslaw
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

20 Jul 2016, 12:36 pm

Breakcore-influenced song i made for my recent ep
https://josepharmstrong.bandcamp.com/track/sta9-beetl-2
i love the bassline i did on this one