Page 111 of 154 [ 2450 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114 ... 154  Next

DerpMC
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

22 May 2017, 12:50 pm

Antonio López de Santa Anna chewed a natural gum called chicle. Thomas Adams first tried to formulate the gum into a rubber suitable for tires. When that didn't work he made the chicle into a chewing gum called Chiclets, which is still produced today.

Robert Murphy ~ 2016

Quote:
Wanna see what destruction looks like? Here it is in human form - it's your boy DerpMC!

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2017, 7:52 pm

The three most notorious rulers of modern Europe were each either foreign to, or from fringe minority groups in, the nation they ruled.

Napoleon wasn't a Frenchman, but a Corsican (the island only became part of France in Napoleon's own lifetime).

Hitler wasn't a German, but an Austrian.

Stalin wasn't an ethnic Russian, but an Ossetian from Georgia (middle eastern type people in extreme southern Russia). In fact when Stalin gave the equivalent of his inauguration speech in Red Square members of the Central Politburo couldn't figure out WTF he was talking about because Stalin's command of the Russian language was so bad.

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2017, 9:07 am

The name of the capital of Uzbekistan, Tashkent (or Toshkent) means "stone city."

Uzbekistan's recently deceased dictator, Islam Karimov, had an Uzbek father and a Tajik mother.

It was forbidden for recording artists in Uzbekistan to show up in public without the above mentioned Karimov's permission and, if they said anything critical of him in their songs, they were in big trouble.

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2017, 9:15 am

It is now believed that Stalin's mindset resembled that of an Islamic ruler more than that of a European Marxist, which stands to reason now in light of where he originally came from.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2017, 7:53 pm

IstominFan wrote:
The name of the capital of Uzbekistan, Tashkent (or Toshkent) means "stone city."

Uzbekistan's recently deceased dictator, Islam Karimov, had an Uzbek father and a Tajik mother.

It was forbidden for recording artists in Uzbekistan to show up in public without the above mentioned Karimov's permission and, if they said anything critical of him in their songs, they were in big trouble.

So Tashkent has the same name as my town: Rockville Maryland! Lol!

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Half of me is in the Washington state, the other Los Angeles.

10 Jun 2017, 12:54 pm

Napping for just 6 minutes can improve your memory.

The Canadian Football League - What We're Made Of

Feel free to talk to me, if you wish. :)

Every day is a gift- cherish it!

"A true, true friend helps a friend in need."

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2017, 10:57 pm

Lynx (or tabby point) Siamese are classified as "Color point Shorthairs," but anyone who has heard a Lynx point meow his/her head off at 4 a.m. knows they are truly Siamese!

AspergersActor8693
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2017, 5:43 am

The right side door on a 1975-1980 AMC Pacer is actually about three inches longer than the left side door for ease of access for backseat passengers.

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2017, 2:04 pm

It was common to drink beer during breakfast in colonial America.

AspergersActor8693
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2017, 7:35 pm

Newspaper as you receive it is called newspaper, but plain newspaper without any ink is called newsprint.

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2017, 8:31 pm

If you replace the W with a T in the questions Where?, What?, and When?, you’ve already answered them.

slave
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2017, 5:15 pm

equestriatola wrote:
If you replace the W with a T in the questions Where?, What?, and When?, you’ve already answered them.

KEWL!! !! !! !! ! :D

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2017, 5:26 pm

^^That's...huh. Neat.

"A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel...As long as I'm with you, as long as you're by my side, I won't give up even if I'm scared." Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2017, 7:56 pm

The average human is a 28-year-old, right-handed, Han Chinese man who makes under $12k a year and owns a cell phone, but has no bank account.

Mind. Blown.

nineinchnailsfan93
Raven
Raven

12 Jun 2017, 9:54 pm

Easter had strong pagan origins. It was about fertility and welcoming new life in spring. This was a very old tradition before christianization was established in europe.

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2017, 9:14 am

Billy Joel never sells tickets to the front rows of his concerts. Aside from wanting to beat the scalpers, he got tired of all the bored, rich people staring up at him- so now, he sends his road crew out to bring down the fans from the worst seats so there’ll be “people in the front row that are really happy to be there, real fans.”