Page 112 of 154 [ 2450 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115 ... 154  Next

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Half of me is in the Washington state, the other Los Angeles.

13 Jun 2017, 9:14 am

Billy Joel never sells tickets to the front rows of his concerts. Aside from wanting to beat the scalpers, he got tired of all the bored, rich people staring up at him- so now, he sends his road crew out to bring down the fans from the worst seats so there’ll be “people in the front row that are really happy to be there, real fans.”

The Canadian Football League - What We're Made Of

Feel free to talk to me, if you wish. :)

Every day is a gift- cherish it!

"A true, true friend helps a friend in need."

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2017, 1:28 pm

^^^How did you work that one out? 8O
It's almost like the galactic census report that stated that everyone in the galaxy has 3.5 arms and owns a hyena.

"A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel...As long as I'm with you, as long as you're by my side, I won't give up even if I'm scared." Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2017, 4:56 pm

Female dragonflies often fake their own deaths to avoid having sex.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2017, 5:11 pm

Kuraudo7777 wrote:
^^^How did you work that one out? 8O
It's almost like the galactic census report that stated that everyone in the galaxy has 3.5 arms and owns a hyena.

Nothing mysterious about it all.

The averages are simple to get from world census stats.

The Han Chinese are the biggest ethnic group on earth ( they were a quarter of the human race for a long time though that proportion is starting to slip recently). Ninety percent of humans are right handed. Cell phones are exploding in number even in remote corners of the third world. Landlines are not. Most of the peasant population of the planet is still "unbanked", and so on.

The "average American" has....one breast, and one testicle (think about it, mathematically that stat HAS to be true).

But how many one breasted/one testicled Americans have you ever meet? Or ever even heard about it? Lol!

That "average world citizen" of which he spoke even has a name!

The most common first name in the world is "Mohammed". The most common surname is "Wong".

So the average person on Earth is named "Mohammed Wong" . Or (if you go by east Asian convention, in which the surname comes first) "Wong Mohammed". :D

But I dare you to find a single person actually named Mohamed Wong/Wong Mohammed anywhere!

AspergersActor8693
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2017, 9:45 am

The idea of the barcode was conceived when the creator of them was on a beach lost in thought over how to make his current scanning system involving circles work on non-flat surfaces when he absentmindedly ran his fingers through the sand.

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2017, 1:03 pm

^^...Right...if you say so.

Kenichi Suzumura [a Japanese seiyuu known for voicing Zack Fair from Final Fantasy VII, Kouichi from Digimon Frontier, and many others] and Maaya Sakamoto [a Japanese seiyuu known for voicing Aeris from Final Fantasy VII, Lightning from Final Fantasy XIII, and many others], have been married for six or more years. Zack Fair and Aeris are actually a couple in FFVII. 8)

"A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel...As long as I'm with you, as long as you're by my side, I won't give up even if I'm scared." Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2017, 1:40 pm

Sloths are lifelong huggers. They start clinging to things from the moment they’re born and spend most of their lives suspended in the trees. It’s such a natural instinct that even dead sloths have been known to hold their grip and remain hanging from a branch.

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2017, 12:44 pm

^They also go down from trees to go to pee.

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2017, 6:59 pm

The Decoy Effect is a marketing tactic that gets you to change your preferences for one of two items by adding a third, undesirable option. For example: people are more likely to choose an elegant pen over $6 in cash if there is a third option in the form of a less elegant pen.

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2017, 3:51 pm

There is much study on whether The Mandela Effect is proof of parallel dimensions or parallel realities.

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2017, 6:22 pm

Around 50 to 100 hairs fall out of your scalp every day.

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2017, 6:30 pm

The Pentagon has SIX zip codes!!

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2017, 10:30 am

Up to 50% of the water in your drinking glass was created over 4.5 billion years ago- which means about half of Earth’s water is older than our entire solar system, including the sun.

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2017, 12:21 pm

^ 8O Blimey.

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2017, 8:39 pm

All modern Europeans can trace their maternal lineage to one of the ‘Seven Daughters of Eve,’ a group of prehistoric 'clan mothers’ who lived at different times between 10,000 and 45,000 years ago.

slave
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2017, 1:04 am

luv this thread! :nerdy: :mrgreen: