Page 113 of 154 [ 2450 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116 ... 154  Next

slave
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2017, 1:04 am

luv this thread! :nerdy: :mrgreen:

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2017, 9:37 am

Canadian tennis player Denis Shapovalov was born in Tel Aviv, Israel, to a Russian Jewish father and a Catholic mother.

Uzbek tennis player Denis Istomin is also of Russian heritage.

What is this strange fascination with Russian guys named Denis?

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Half of me is in the Washington state, the other Los Angeles.

20 Jun 2017, 12:51 pm

The sun sounds like obnoxious, deafening church bells. Sound doesn’t travel in the vacuum of space, but if it did, Earth would be constantly bombarded with a noise that’s 5 decibels louder than a train horn blaring right in front of you.

The Canadian Football League - What We're Made Of

Feel free to talk to me, if you wish. :)

Every day is a gift- cherish it!

"A true, true friend helps a friend in need."

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2017, 12:53 pm

^So does the sunlight reflected off the moon sound like anything?

"A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel...As long as I'm with you, as long as you're by my side, I won't give up even if I'm scared." Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

slave
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2017, 8:37 pm

equestriatola wrote:
The sun sounds like obnoxious, deafening church bells. Sound doesn’t travel in the vacuum of space, but if it did, Earth would be constantly bombarded with a noise that’s 5 decibels louder than a train horn blaring right in front of you.

gud post :D

ty :D

....and they have used that fact to create the discipline of Helioseismology.

...at first they believed that the sound waves they detected were caused by faulty instruments

slave
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2017, 8:45 pm

"By a continuing process of inflation, governments can confiscate, secretly and unobserved, an important part of the wealth of their citizens."

John Maynard Keynes, The Economic Consequences of the Peace (1919)

"Inflation is taxation without legislation."

Milton Friedman

Isn't it interesting, that both of these men are therefore implying that inflation is deliberately created and not an emergent property of a free market?

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2017, 2:16 pm

Adobe doesn’t want you to use ‘Photoshop’ as a verb. According to the permissions section of their website, instead of saying 'The image was photoshopped,’ they prefer, 'The image was enhanced using Adobe® Photoshop® software.’

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2017, 3:34 pm

Sharks and crocodiles have barely changed at all for millions of years.

"A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel...As long as I'm with you, as long as you're by my side, I won't give up even if I'm scared." Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2017, 4:21 pm

The word ‘taboo’ comes from the Polynesian word tapua, which means both ‘sacred’ and ‘menstruation.’ Similarly, the word ‘regal,’ meaning ‘royal power to rule,’ comes from the Latin regula, which means both ‘measure’ and ‘menstruation.’ The word ‘ritual’ comes from the Sanskrit word r’tu, meaning ‘menstrual magic.’

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2017, 6:25 pm

Botanically speaking, bananas and tomatoes are actually berries, but strawberries and raspberries are not.

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2017, 1:00 pm

^Wait, really? That's bizarre.

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2017, 6:42 pm

^ Yes, crazy as it may be.

Silly string is used in military combat to check for booby traps. Troops can spray the substance to help detect tripwires. If the string falls to the ground, the area is clear, but if it hangs in the air, they’ll know they’ve found a tripwire for a bomb.

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2017, 7:54 pm

^I think I read about that somewhere.

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2017, 12:55 pm

84% of American vegetarians go back to eating meat.

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2017, 7:51 pm

^I don't know if I'm getting enough protein, but I don't think I could stand eating meat again.

DeepHour
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2017, 11:25 pm

The 'pilots' who guide military armed drones remotely to their targets do their training using an Xbox controller.