Page 110 of 154 [ 2450 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113 ... 154  Next

slave
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2017, 10:51 pm

At one time, the RCC burned parents at the stake for teaching their child(ren) the Lord's Prayer in English.

Thus manifesting the love and tender-mercies of God, at least I assume that was their sole motivation.

Further, even possession of the Bible in English was consider a grievous offense.

They loved their Latin!

traven
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2017, 12:41 am

the german holy roman empire
In 768 Pepin’s son Charlemagne became King of the Franks and began an extensive expansion of the realm. He eventually incorporated the territories of present-day France, Germany, northern Italy, and beyond, linking the Frankish kingdom with Papal lands. On Christmas Day of 800, Pope Leo III crowned Charlemagne emperor, restoring the title in the west for the first time in over three centuries.
After Charlemagne died in 814, the imperial crown passed to his son, Louis the Pious. Upon Louis' death in 840, it passed to his son Louis II, who had been his co-ruler. By this point the territory of Charlemagne had been divided into several territories, and over the course of the later ninth century the title of Emperor was disputed by the Carolingian rulers of Western Francia and Eastern Francia, with first the western king (Charles the Bald) and then the eastern (Charles the Fat), who briefly reunited the Empire, attaining the prize.
After the death of Charles the Fat in 888, however, the Carolingian Empire broke apart, and was never restored. According to Regino of Prüm, the parts of the realm "spewed forth kinglets", and each part elected a kinglet "from its own bowels". After the death of Charles the Fat, those crowned emperor by the pope controlled only territories in Italy. The last such emperor was Berengar I of Italy, who died in 924. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holy_Roman_Empire
[/url]Image
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conrad_II ... an_Emperor
get lost in wiki, lol , the entry you can't find again, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Condottieri or https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Company_(German)
still there's succession of german-ish popes, some pile of HS

or elsewhere, http://avalon.law.yale.edu/
religion to reinforce kingdoms who installed the (organised) religion,
(((i love it when a plan comes together!)))

Katie0405
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

17 May 2017, 1:05 am

If a female ferret does not have sex for a year, she will die.

It actually takes 142.18 licks to reach the center of a Tootsie pop.

There is enough sperm in one single man to impregnate every woman on earth.

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Half of me is in the Washington state, the other Los Angeles.

17 May 2017, 9:15 am

If 10% of American smokers quit today, it would save the country $63 billion in healthcare costs in the first year alone.

The Canadian Football League - What We're Made Of

Feel free to talk to me, if you wish. :)

Every day is a gift- cherish it!

"A true, true friend helps a friend in need."

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2017, 2:53 pm

slave wrote:
At one time, the RCC burned parents at the stake for teaching their child(ren) the Lord's Prayer in English.

Thus manifesting the love and tender-mercies of God, at least I assume that was their sole motivation.

Further, even possession of the Bible in English was consider a grievous offense.

They loved their Latin!

God maybe omnipotent, but he can't understand English! So of course you gotta put folks to death who try to speak to him in English!

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2017, 5:23 pm

Electricity was first installed in the White House in 1891. It was such a new concept that President Benjamin Harrison and his wife both refused to touch light switches due to their fear of electrocution- so the White House staff had to follow them around and turn the lights off and on for them.

Many years later, President Lyndon B. Johnson was quite the opposite. He would often wander the House turning off the lights in empty rooms where they had been left on. This earned him the nickname ‘Light Bulb Johnson.’

slave
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2017, 10:47 pm

:D

naturalplastic wrote:
slave wrote:

They loved their Latin!

God maybe omnipotent, but he can't understand English! So of course you gotta put folks to death who try to speak to him in English!

:D :lol: :D :lol:
IKR!?

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2017, 3:11 pm

It’s been estimated that there are more stars in the Universe than there are grains of sand on earth, but there are more atoms in one grain of sand than there are stars in the Universe.

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2017, 3:13 pm

there is more lewd SU fanart saved on my computer than there is atoms in the universe.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2017, 3:19 pm

Quote:
It’s been estimated that there are more stars in the Universe than there are grains of sand on earth, but there are more atoms in one grain of sand than there are stars in the Universe.

That is very interesting! I didn't know that. :o

"A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel...As long as I'm with you, as long as you're by my side, I won't give up even if I'm scared." Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2017, 5:07 pm

The red planet (Mars) has blue sunsets. Just as colors are made more dramatic during Earth sunsets, Martian sunsets make the blue around the sun look more prominent, because all the fine dust in the atmosphere is the perfect size for scattering blue light across the sky more efficiently than any other color.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2017, 5:48 pm

Kiprobalhato wrote:
there is more lewd SU fanart saved on my computer than there is atoms in the universe.

Dirty pics by...the billyuns, and billyuns!

Enough smut to fill the entire known...cosmos!

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2017, 5:51 pm

equestriatola wrote:
Electricity was first installed in the White House in 1891. It was such a new concept that President Benjamin Harrison and his wife both refused to touch light switches due to their fear of electrocution- so the White House staff had to follow them around and turn the lights off and on for them.

Many years later, President Lyndon B. Johnson was quite the opposite. He would often wander the House turning off the lights in empty rooms where they had been left on. This earned him the nickname ‘Light Bulb Johnson.’

Interesting.

Jimmy Carter installed solar panels on the White House roof.
His successor, Ronald Reagan, promptly had them removed.

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2017, 6:24 pm

There is a huge black hole and a star cluster in the rough centre of the Andromeda Galaxy.

"A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel...As long as I'm with you, as long as you're by my side, I won't give up even if I'm scared." Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2017, 12:05 pm

In Tonopah, Nevada, there’s a Clown Motel that shares a lot with an abandoned cemetery, where most of the 300 buried either died in a mine fire or the 1902 ‘Tonopah Plague.’

DerpMC
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

22 May 2017, 12:50 pm

Antonio López de Santa Anna chewed a natural gum called chicle. Thomas Adams first tried to formulate the gum into a rubber suitable for tires. When that didn't work he made the chicle into a chewing gum called Chiclets, which is still produced today.

Robert Murphy ~ 2016

Quote:
Wanna see what destruction looks like? Here it is in human form - it's your boy DerpMC!