Page 13 of 14 [ 211 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

Are you in favor of the death penalty
Yes 30%  30%  [ 26 ]
No 70%  70%  [ 60 ]
Total votes : 86

LKL
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2012, 3:41 am

AspieRogue wrote:
LKL: My sexual fetishes are irrelevant to this discussion.
I agree, and because of that I'd appreciate or if you'd quit talking about it (on other PPR threads, too).

b9
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2012, 10:50 am

no penalty can be imposed upon people who have died for having died.

20 Oct 2012, 12:02 pm

LKL wrote:
AspieRogue wrote:
I agree, and because of that I'd appreciate or if you'd quit talking about it (on other PPR threads, too).

G-d damnit LKL, the subject of this thread is crime and punishment. I have said before that I regard it as a punishment for violent crime and that it has nothing to do with my sexual interests. Nice strawman.

LKL
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2012, 12:53 am

AspieRogue wrote:
LKL wrote:
AspieRogue wrote:

G-d damnit LKL, the subject of this thread is crime and punishment. I have said before that I regard it as a punishment for violent crime and that it has nothing to do with my sexual interests. Nice strawman.

It's appearing in other threads, too.

21 Oct 2012, 2:09 am

LKL wrote:
AspieRogue wrote:
LKL wrote:
AspieRogue wrote:

I do mention it when it comes to crime & punishment but beyond that, no longer. Quit lying to my virtual face. You're very bad at it and I notice you do it quite often to peeps ITF.

LKL
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2012, 11:45 pm

AspieRogue wrote:
LKL wrote:
AspieRogue wrote:
LKL wrote:
AspieRogue wrote:

I do mention it when it comes to crime & punishment but beyond that, no longer. Quit lying to my virtual face. You're very bad at it and I notice you do it quite often to peeps ITF.

I can, however, back up my statements with evidence:
http://www.wrongplanet.net/postxf147261-0-270.html
I will grant that ArrantPariah was far, far worse than you in that thread; however, I'm sick of having to read about people's sexual fantasies on PPR. It should stay in the adult issues forum.

Now, can you back up your slander with evidence? Where have I lied about anyone?

22 Oct 2012, 2:13 am

LKL wrote:
AspieRogue wrote:
LKL wrote:
AspieRogue wrote:
LKL wrote:
AspieRogue wrote:

I can, however, back up my statements with evidence:
http://www.wrongplanet.net/postxf147261-0-270.html
I will grant that ArrantPariah was far, far worse than you in that thread; however, I'm sick of having to read about people's sexual fantasies on PPR. It should stay in the adult issues forum.

Now, can you back up your slander with evidence? Where have I lied about anyone?

Let's just drop the subject. Mmk?

I realize that my opinion about this is very offensive and revolting, but do not try to psychoanalyze me.

MarketAndChurch
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2012, 2:28 am

not everyone who has sex with the same sex in prison is necessarily a homosexual...

22 Oct 2012, 2:46 am

MarketAndChurch wrote:
not everyone who has sex with the same sex in prison is necessarily a homosexual...

Quite true.

b9
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2012, 4:54 am

i really have no idea of how to respond in a serious fashion, however, i think that people on death row should be allowed to live if they volunteer for medical trials. there are many drugs that take 20 or more years to test on humans due to the fact that rats and pigs and monkeys etc must be used as test subjects before the drugs are trialled on humans.

if the drug being trialled on them produces horrific side effects, then they can be relieved of their misery by being put to sleep. at least they would have obviated further trials on a drug that would have claimed the attention of many people for many years.

23 Oct 2012, 3:23 pm

GGPViper wrote:
AspieRogue wrote:
Not so fast! Showing mercy to a merciless person who is guilty of violent crime committed in a merciless fashion is not what I consider to be civilized. I hope you see my point.

I stopped seeing your point when you actually *advocated* rape as a punishment.

Face it. You are not a good person.

Never said I was. But lemme tell ya kid, I ain't dumb nor am I a bullsh*t artist like you.

GGPViper
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2012, 3:24 pm

AspieRogue wrote:
GGPViper wrote:
AspieRogue wrote:
Not so fast! Showing mercy to a merciless person who is guilty of violent crime committed in a merciless fashion is not what I consider to be civilized. I hope you see my point.

I stopped seeing your point when you actually *advocated* rape as a punishment.

Face it. You are not a good person.

Never said I was. But lemme tell ya kid, I ain't dumb nor am I a bullsh*t artist like you.

Please elaborate.

donnie_darko
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2012, 8:29 am

It seems like most people favor the death penalty, or even if they're against it, it's only because they want the criminal to suffer more etc. Do you think most people really feel this way? Or are the vengeful just more outspoken in their beliefs?

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2012, 8:48 am

donnie_darko wrote:
It seems like most people favor the death penalty, or even if they're against it, it's only because they want the criminal to suffer more etc. Do you think most people really feel this way? Or are the vengeful just more outspoken in their beliefs?

"getting even" is a basic primate urge. Even the chimps have it.

ruveyn

DemureStargazer
Butterfly
Butterfly

01 Nov 2012, 12:21 pm

AngelRho wrote:
DemureStargazer wrote:
Death is not a punishment, plus killing is killing and there is no justify in killing another person with intent.

I look at crimes as debts that have to be repaid. I mean, even if an accident isn't a "crime" in a prosecutable sense, I think people owe it to each other to make things right. So for most accidents, mistakes, or intentional crimes, it is possible to assign a value to a person's personal loss and expect the person responsible for that loss to somehow repay that value. Or if you can't afford repayment, there has to be some way of making it up to that person that is acceptable to all people involved.

The trouble is when you INTENTIONALLY cause the death of someone, you cannot repay that debt. By that I mean you can't put a price on someone's life. There aren't many, but I really do feel like certain few crimes really do demand the life of the guilty. Treason would be one such crime. I also think if you falsely accuse someone of murder or you are guilty of causing someone to be falsely convicted and sentenced to death--and that's even if they are found innocent or never have to actually be put to death--you should receive the death penalty.

And if you're concerned that killing can't be justified for any reason, consider that if someone actually commits a crime and is put to death for it, the responsibility for his own death is entirely his and thus no executioner nor state justice system need carry the guilt.

I do not agree with you. Killing somone as a punishment is barbaric. Ofc ppl should be punished when they do crimes, but death is never an option according to me.

MarketAndChurch
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2012, 2:11 am

donnie_darko wrote:

and oddly enough, when you press those who are against the death penalty, they usually arrive at a position that essentially says that they are anti-punishment, in general....

How is wanting someone to suffer a lifetime in prison not vengeance?