Dear "You"...From "Me"-Letters Unsent

Page 244 of 310 [ 4953 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 241, 242, 243, 244, 245, 246, 247 ... 310  Next

AprilR
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2017, 1:21 pm

Dear you, i know i can be really cruel when i'm angry but i still wish you'd forgive me. Even if you can't i wish you would just erase me rather than hate me. I can never hate you, you made me too happy for that. I do get angry at you sometimes but it's only because of my selfishness and because i still miss you. I hope you can forgive it just this once..

BuyerBeware
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2017, 2:41 pm

Dear Mom,

Parenting and marriage and housekeeping are not arithmetic. There can be more than one right answer.

I can do things one way, and you can do (or have done) things a completely different (even opposite) way, and-- this is the important bit-- WE CAN BOTH BE RIGHT.

STOP SNIPING AT ME. FULL. STOP.

If you verbally abuse my children over an accident (even if the accident does result in someone needing an two ice cubes for their finger) again, there will be HARD WORDS between us. Criticize the behavior all you want. I don't want to hear any more "YOU ARE [insert insult here]" statements.

If you mock and harass me in front of the children again, I'm going to get SHARP. Three out of the four are organically kind. The Other One is starting to learn that bullying, and bullying me in particular, is a socially advantageous behavior. NO. MORE.

If you try twist and distort things to cause fights between Hubby and me again, DON'T EVEN TALK TO ME. I'm so mad right now I'm shaking, way down in the middle of me. If there is EVER a third incident where one of you accuses me of Really Bad s**t that I didn't even get close to doing, or makes a legitimate threat to throw me out of this family and take the kids, that's the Rubicon, b***h. Ultimatum time. One of us will be leaving this family, as in NO CONTACT that cannot take place through the US Postal Service.

You've already lost one stepson, daughter-in-law, and granddaughter that way. I really don't want to see that happen here.

So STOP. FULL. STOP.

BuyerBeware
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2017, 4:32 pm

Dear Neighborhood Child:

I know. Your parents basically weren't even there. I'm from West Virginia. It's happening in my family too. I got no place to judge, kid, but I can state some facts. They didn't teach you much at all, most of what little they taught you was bad. They did bad enough by you that they're in supervised visitation country with termination of parental rights on the horizon. I want to hug you.

I know. Older Sibling was at least there, at least tried to teach you stuff. Didn't get walked on like you did. Got, you know, the stuff you needed. Even if they did it in really bad ways. You looked up to That One, That One was something like a light in some dark-ass times. That One is a teenage failure story right now, in the worst way. I want to protect you.

I know. Aunt and Uncle and Grandma are trying, they're really trying, but it takes two full time incomes, with overtime, to make ends meet and there's just SO MUCH a person can do. I REALLY want to hug you.

The things I WANT to do aren't within my rights. I'm just the neighbor, your friends' mom, That Lady. I CAN let you in over here. I CAN tell you you learned some really wrong stuff. I CAN try to teach you some better stuff.

At least until you do something Really Wrong, or dangerous or illegal enough to be a threat to my kids. Then you gotta go. I don't want it to come to that.

Please listen. Please think. Please mind. Please do better.

Please [God] touch that kid. More than just, "I made you."

So may it be. Amen.

bobchaos
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

24 Aug 2017, 9:50 pm

To my favorite lady,

I like you, a lot, more than anyone I've met in a decade, but I really don't get why you keep inviting me to parties if you're going to run from me anytime I try to get close. Don't you see you're hurting me? Did I not tell you social situations make me stress out and I'm only going because you're the one asking and insisting? I can't do this, I want to move on, but I can't while you keep tugging at the string. I don't think that's what you intend, but that's what's happening. Please, can't we just stop this and talk plainly? I don't understand what you want or why you're doing this... Just tell me please.

Me

racheypie666
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2017, 5:22 am

I try to picture getting better but I really can't imagine it.
Do I really have to do this forever?

I'm not sure I can.

BuyerBeware
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2017, 2:02 pm

Dear You,

I can't get over you throwing a b***h fit about how greedy your parents are. Because they paid your car insurance (you're THIRTY-SEVEN) and bought you a bunch of groceries and then donated $2500 to Children's Hospital instead of buying you presents with it.

And HE LOVES YOU. He actually empathizes with you, compares me to you all the time and you come out ahead. Why?? Because you're colorful and impulsive and snort stuff up your nose to change your mood to suit the occasion?? Because you're great arm candy, know how to manipulate an ego, and you're into pain in the bedroom??

I think you're repulsive. I think he's repulsive for loving you. I think you two deserve each other. Come get him. Run him into the ground and then find another one to kill.

I HOPE YOU DIE A VERY SLOW, VERY UGLY, VERY LONELY DEATH-- and it's not a metaphor this time.

You're right-- You ARE going to Hell. Only it's not for smoking dope and doing coke and being a complete slut and cussing and knowingly fencing hot s**t and dealing drugs and skipping church on Sundays. Well, maybe the "fencing hot s**t" part. But mostly, you're going to burn for the way you treat people.

Love Always,

Me

Dragnet
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2017, 12:36 am

You can have my brother if you want him, he was never nice to me and I don't love him if you want to know the truth. I really really don't care anymore, I don't like the pain it causes my mother and WE ARE NOT ON GOOD TERMS. You have kinda pissed me off to be honest and you know I have an underdeveloped sense of reading between the lines so the hell with you I say. I am smart enough to find out possible motives on my own, don't sell me short but yes I can't read between the lines and I don't appreciate being mind F-ed.

Thanks, kindly go away now,

Dragnet
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2017, 1:07 am

Also not far of a stretch of the imagination to guess where those hacks came from.

Stop mind F-ing me, I told you what I know and you knew before you asked.

Just ask me anything direct next time, I am crazy but I don't bite.

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2017, 1:15 am

I'm not you. The way you make sense of the world isn't the same way I do. Your reasoning upset me rather than help. And yet you keep parroting the same thing even though you know we fall out when you do. It's because it feels like you don't care what I think or feel.

Why can't you get your head around that?

Yes I understand that your perspective makes you feel better. My disagreeing doesn't invalidate your life. But it gives me no comfort. It's just not how I live.

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2017, 1:28 am

Another letter to a different person,

Can't you see how judgemental and arrogant you are?

Just because you think you've evaluated all the facts and come to a decision that makes the most logical sense to you doesn't mean that you're infallible. It doesn't give you the right to publucally go on and on about how stupid other people are.

Do you know that I'm ok that we don't agree, it's your arrogant attitude that I don't like. I have great friends that I don't agree with on important matters, but do you know why we're friends? Because they're nice. They don't feel the need to exert their supposed superiority on Facebook.

You sir are a prick. Intelligent, but a prick none the less.

BuyerBeware
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2017, 6:26 am

Dear Mom,

I realize that not everyone thinks like me.

But I'm pretty sure that the correct phrase when your kids offer to buy you a $5000 reconstructed vehicle from a reliable mechanic that they've been working with for 20 years is "Thank you." Or "That works." Or "Good enough." Or something along those lines.

It wouldn't have occurred to me to act like you when I was a f*****g self-absorbed teenager.

Also-- the only thing wrong with your car right now is the cruise control. It's nice, but it's a luxury. On, I note, the $2000 rebuild from the same mechanic that you've been driving for FIVE YEARS without putting more than maintenance in it.

SHUT UP OR TAKE THE BUS.

IF YOU WANT PERFECT, GET IT ("IT" BEING A LOT MORE THAN A CAR) SOMEWHERE ELSE.

BuyerBeware
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2017, 11:42 am

Dear Old Folks,

Thank you for everything you taught me. I'm so glad we got to talk about it while you were still here. I'm glad I smartened up in time to realize what a wonderful job you did, and how lucky I was, and say thank you.

Thank you again. I wish you were still here, that I could talk to you and get some reassurance in an insane culture.

You were right. The world is going to Hell in a handbag. The lessons and the values that you taught me are the cure for a lot of what ails our society, but nobody wants to listen. I guess hard work and simple living don't look like fun, I don't know. I guess kindness and REAL charity (which is not necessarily done with a check-book) don't have the ego-boost of self-righteous certitude.

We sure had a good time. Our pleasures were many, our worries relatively few. We sure weren't perfect. We weren't always nice. But we apologized when we were wrong, and we were mostly kind.

I'm glad you're safe in Heaven. You don't have to live the consequences of the choices of the people who laughed at you and built a culture around their stupid behavior. You're where I can't make a mistake that could hurt you now. Next time we see each other (assuming I manage to get there at all), it will be with the eyes of God and none of it will matter any more.

I hope you didn't feel as badly about yourselves in life as I do about myself these days. Thanks, Mom and Grandma and Grandpa, for The Book. The Bible is a really interesting story when it's written in plain English. I was reading the Book of John last night; as it turns out, they laughed at Jesus too. I didn't realize that they laughed at Him His whole life, not just at the end of it. I guess you already knew that, though.

He did the job that was in front of Him. You did the job that was in front of you. I'll try to keep doing the job that's in front of me, and live the values you taught me, but I don't think I'm doing a very good job. I hope you'll still accept me when I get there.

Love,

Me

PS-- "The baby" is learning to play that godforsaken keyboard. My head hurts. I don't know how you had all that patience, Grandma.

Dragnet
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2017, 12:37 pm

Stop killing my phone as*holes

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2017, 3:02 pm

Hi you are deluding yourself. But I think there's no point in arguing.

I'm not subscribing to your ethos even though you think it will help me. It won't help me. I just don't see it the way you do.

I think you're just trying to protect yourself, but you might feel a bit better if you looked after yourself rather than hide in a bubble.

This kind of applies to more than one person.

Dragnet
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2017, 9:04 pm

I am sorry

There, I said it, I am sorry

I didn't mean to f**k things up so intensely.

But pictures tell great stories as to why I felt unsafe, no?

But unsafe is a state of mind not reality.

But it did happen,

Creditably ends where unsafe begins,

I am nuts but I was nuts for a reason but its okay, I probably just got off my meds :roll:

I hate facebook okay, autistic persons nightmare and I was drug addict back then... because... drum roll... PTSD.

BuyerBeware
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2017, 3:41 pm

ALL OF YOU MAKE ME SICK!!

YOU ARE CONTEMPTIBLE!! YOU DISGUST ME!! YOU HURT AND DESTROY PEOPLE ON NOTHING MORE THAN YOUR OWN WHIM, THEN BLAME THEM FOR THE MESS. YOU HAVE NO RESPONSIBILITY, NO CONSCIENCE, NO SOUL.

YOU ARE NOT CHILDREN OF GOD.

YOU MAKE ME SICK!!