Page 3 of 3 [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Underscore
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2012, 5:07 pm

Never actually. I have always wanted do something useful with myself, and I've never liked that people seemingly did not want this. You could say that I have had a drive that made me look less like I had problems in the typical Asperger's syndrome way. Aspies can be useful, I've never accepted anything that would stop me from having and realizing my ideals of how I wanted to be. And what I wanted to do in this world, and in my life.

onks
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

14 Sep 2012, 5:08 pm

Prof_Pretorius wrote:
This is a very sad thread. Haven't any of you ever gotten a complement that you've touched someone's life?

Yes, I like this comment, ...

I have definitely touched a few peoples life. But still I feel like it didnt give me that what I actually would need. They have touched mine. But still I feel like being off somewhere where nobody could consider going.

Sad, bad true. Feel like nobody is ever really getting points about what I want to express. Or if somebody does, it still feels like not so important kind of stuff...

Freaky and at the edge of insanity. Being killed by your own conscience or actually by the uncertainty what is right and what is wrong. Strong feelings for myself and my own atitude. And still that is not enough ...

And I need that freedom to be who I am. But me rational thinking gives me a bad outcome, that I have to adapt. Nothing easy to do.
And in many aspects quite useless... because against myself

That kind of problem here

onks
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

14 Sep 2012, 5:14 pm

Prof_Pretorius wrote:
This is a very sad thread. Haven't any of you ever gotten a complement that you've touched someone's life?

Yes, I like this comment, ...

I have definitely touched a few peoples life. But still I feel like it didnt give me that what I actually would need. They have touched mine. But still I feel like being off somewhere where nobody could consider going.

Sad, bad true. Feel like nobody is ever really getting points about what I want to express. Or if somebody does, it still feels like not so important kind of stuff...

Freaky and at the edge of insanity. Being killed by your own conscience or actually by the uncertainty what is right and what is wrong. Strong feelings for myself and my own atitude which doesn't do a thing ...

On the other hand I need that freedom to be who I am. But me rational thinking gives me a bad outcome, that I have to adapt. Nothing easy to do.
And in many aspects quite useless... because against myself

LtlPinkCoupe
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2012, 5:17 pm

Prof_Pretorius wrote:
LtlPinkCoupe wrote:
Prof_Pretorius wrote:

Well, yes...once someone in my graduating high school class told me, "You know, when I first met you when we were freshman, I thought you were a little bit weird....but when I got to know you better, I started to think that maybe you were God's way of telling us that it's okay to be different."

...But you know, when all the negative feedback, verbal abuse, putdowns and criticism starts to outweigh the good stuff like that, it makes it difficult to even register/believe such compliments anymore. :(

Stick with what that person told you. I've had a lot of people tell me I'm memorable due to my eccentricities. They don't always like me, but they do find me amusing.

OK, I'll try. Thanks. :D

"IT'S NOT FAIR!" "Life isn't fair, Calvin." "I know, but why isn't it ever unfair in MY favor?" ~ from Calvin and Hobbes

Quinntilda
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

14 Sep 2012, 5:21 pm

Yes

Surfman
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2012, 5:30 pm

Dizzee wrote:
Do you feel that your wasting your life all the time?

Only if I read your negative threads, which I normally avoid like the plague.
I'll send some love your way too, thanks buddy

howzat
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2012, 2:59 pm

Alfonso12345 wrote:
I do feel useless sometimes, but not all the time.

Same with me.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2012, 3:55 pm

Other people have made me feel useless. I know I get the usual cliche advice ''don't let it get to you/those people aren't worth it'', but I can't help being a sensitive person. Nobody likes being belittled or spoken to rudely, but people who are born confident and have better social skills probably can deal with it better, but me, being an anxious young female with AS, it's that much more difficult to deal with unreasonable people.

Wulfart
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

16 Sep 2012, 4:21 pm

I do, especially when I'm feeling lonely. I have that deep seated desire to be somebodies husband, but my shyness prevents me from meeting girls.

J-Greens
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2012, 4:33 pm

Useless? Some days.
Generally inferior to NT's? All day, everyday.

Tamsin
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

16 Sep 2012, 4:53 pm

Dunno if I would call it "wasting" my life, but sometimes I feel like my life is on hold. Nothing is new, nothing is exciting, everything is the same and boring and all that jazz. I want something to make me feel like I have a purpose again.