Page 1 of 3 [ 43 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Dizzee
Toucan
Toucan

14 Sep 2012, 9:11 am

Do you feel that your wasting your life all the time?

Dillogic
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2012, 9:13 am

Thinking ain't ever a waste of time.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2012, 9:38 am

All the time. I feel useless because I can't get a job after 4 long years of trying hard to look for one and also gain skills and experience.

I feel useless because I don't have many friends. I'm getting shyer and shyer by the year, being so afraid of saying something stupid in social situations and knowing that social rules are so complex, so I stay quiet which then decreases the chances to make friends.

I feel I am wasting my young life away because of being on job-seekers. I feel I can't go out and see the friends I do have, without feeling guilty that I should be seeking employment, also after having so many lectures from the jobcentre people that ''you must be here to apply for this job, you can do what you wanted to do any time'', and they do have a point, but I do wish I had a job so that on my days off I can then do whatever I want without having the pressure of having to be elsewhere ''more important''. Yes, I am actively looking for work nearly every day, but there's only so much I can do, and I do have my limits because of this stupid f*****g Aspergers Syndrome I happen to be cursed with. I don't know why there has to be such a thing for. I remember when I was first diagnosed I just yelled, ''oh, why me?!'' and then was hostile with my peers for all being born normal.

CrystalStars
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2012, 9:42 am

As opposed to everybody else? No.

amboxer21
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

14 Sep 2012, 9:42 am

Yeah, I do. I live with my grand father and I always almost feel like a POS! I'm 25 and can't make it on my own. It always makes me sad! Like what am I going to do when I'm 30 living home? That always makes me feel even worse! I have 4 felony convictions and aspergers. So jobs I can do on my own like stock shelves at night, wont even hire me. The criminal background hurts!

I just wish I could do something that would change it all and make people remember me for someone besides me.

younginflavor18
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

14 Sep 2012, 9:51 am

I do feel like I'm useless and wasting my life and missing out on a lot, but I'm still somebody who's doing his best to make something of himself. I do live with my mother but I decide to put that aside and look at the positives.

Just like Temple Gradin's mother said, "You are different, but not less."

Pondering
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2012, 9:52 am

I have contributed a lot of positivity to others and myself so no.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2012, 9:52 am

yeah

PTSmorrow
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2012, 9:54 am

No, i'm a part of evolution just like any other living things, and that doesn't even require reproduction. Don't equate performance with sense.

hanyo
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2012, 9:59 am

I am completely useless and wasting my life. I also don't really care that I am.

Prof_Pretorius
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2012, 10:08 am

No, not at all. I make an impression on people, sometimes for the positive, sometimes not. BUT people remember me. I do my job well and help people, and frequently get complements from them. I have a daughter who loves me, and the Missus is quite fond of me.

I once heard some bloke say that at his funeral he didn't want to be called "a nice man." He described how bland and wishy washy the word "nice" is. I agreed, at my funeral I'd rather have people say I was a skunk, than say something bland.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2012, 10:23 am

hanyo wrote:
I am completely useless and wasting my life. I also don't really care that I am.

Trying to get to the not caring about it point myself....it would certainly be better than beating myself up over having to apply for SSI.

Radiofixr
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2012, 10:24 am

I feel useless and pathetic all of the time and feel I have wasted my life and precious time-it is too late for me to catch up on on of he rhings I missed out on.

hanyo
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2012, 10:34 am

Sweetleaf wrote:

Trying to get to the not caring about it point myself....it would certainly be better than beating myself up over having to apply for SSI.

I am older than you so I had 14 more years to get to that point.

daydreamer84
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2012, 10:43 am

I often do feel this way, yes.

amboxer21
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

14 Sep 2012, 10:49 am

Sweetleaf wrote:
hanyo wrote:

I get SSI. Mit Romney wants to cut it down too. We already practically get nothing as it is. I get $700 a month in Jersey and now this douche wants to cut it down and take away Medicare/Medicaid. In Jersey, if you have Medicare/Medicaid, insurance only costs a dollar a day. I hope Oboma gets a 2nd term!