Yes, by someone who didn't know I had aspergers/was autistic 41%  41%  [ 172 ]
No 5%  5%  [ 22 ]
No 6%  6%  [ 24 ]
Total votes : 416

Chrisicus
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

13 Apr 2013, 10:06 am

I got bullied but they didn't know I was autistic, but we had a special needs department so they knew I went there once a week. I did start bullying others when I was being bullied to pass it on but I saw the error of my ways and grew up. I dealt with the bullies better too so they stopped as they got no reaction from me.

Cilantro
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

13 Apr 2013, 5:43 pm

I was lucky enough to avoid it. There were some neighbor boys who picked on me occasionally when I was about five years old, but other than that I was able to keep my head down and avoid too much negative attention.

billiscool
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2013, 7:08 pm

yeah, back in high school by some jerk in home ec

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2013, 12:24 am

Of course I've been bullied. I'm sure that just about everybody in the world has been bullied at some time or other. They didn't know I had AS though, even I didn't know I had AS then or what it was or that it even existed.

The link to the forum is http://www.rightplanet.proboards.com

FluttercordAspie93
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2013, 10:59 pm

Yes, and it was terrible.

droppy
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

08 Dec 2013, 8:22 am

I have been bullied mostly in 6th, 7th and 8th grade, but never physically. The bullying was mostly teasing and taking my stuff and throwing it, but I was never physically harmed, even if I was threatened to. I could say I wasn't that unlucky after all.
The bullying stopped when I started HS and switched school. I've never been bullied out of school.

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Half of me is in the Washington state, the other Los Angeles.

11 Dec 2013, 7:23 pm

equestriatola wrote:
As far is known; this never happened to me.

At least at school, but with my family, I still get threats of violence and beaten at times.

The Canadian Football League - What We're Made Of

Feel free to talk to me, if you wish. :)

Every day is a gift- cherish it!

"A true, true friend helps a friend in need."

linatet
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2014, 8:54 pm

No, I've never been bullied. I suffered some in the hands of a controlling friend, she hit me once, threw my backpack on the pond etc. But that wasn't bulling, it wasn't pervasive psychological/emotional/physical humilliation based on different hierarchies, but rather I was too naive to see she had bad intentions. When I realised it I just went away and didn't talk to her anymore.

linatet
Veteran
Veteran

No, I've never been bullied. I suffered some in the hands of a controlling friend, she hit me once, threw my backpack on the pond etc. But that wasn't bulling, it wasn't pervasive psychological/emotional/physical humilliation based on different hierarchies, but rather I was too naive to see she had bad intentions. When I realised it I just went away and didn't talk to her anymore.

linatet
Veteran
Veteran

linatet
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2014, 8:55 pm

linatet
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2014, 8:57 pm

Wow something weird happened here. Don't know how to delete repeated posts though

coffeebean
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2014, 5:39 pm

In order to bully me they first would have had to catch me.

ibtiamat
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

06 Jul 2014, 8:32 pm

Been bullied a lot before I was finally diagnosed. Mostly by my own blood related family members, then once they found out I was Autistic they stopped. Now I think they feel bad. Serves them right though.

"A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?"
- Albert Einstein

i_wanna_blue
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2014, 9:42 am

Unfortunately, yes.

AntDog
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2014, 1:35 am

Yes one day on the bus for acting different than others in Tennessee in 4th grade (got a black eye and the bus driver was a jerk) Afterward they put me on a different bus with those that couldn't be on the regular bus and I got along real well and the new bus driver was really nice.
In the first three quarters of 9th grade in Kissimmee I was bullied by Obama supporters just because I answered a question on who I supported (which was McCain) and they suddenly went into an antagonistic racist mode like a bunch of robots afterward, some of the teachers I had in 8th and 9th grade also worshiped Obama and that didn't help.