Anybody seen the star wars the clone wars season 5 trailer?

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

Grand_pilot
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

19 Sep 2012, 2:00 pm

http://www.starwars.com/watch/tcw_season5_trailer.html

Darth Maul's narration was quite intimidating.
And they're finally doing something with deathwatch YES! Finally we get to see the true Mandalorians in action.

Venger
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2012, 2:20 pm

I'm still only on season 3. I watched S3/disc 2 last night from Netflix.

That must be the best show on TV that's currently in production though.

Grand_pilot
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

19 Sep 2012, 10:37 pm

S3 was cool. Not gonna spoil anything but you're enjoying season 3 so far you're gonna love season 4.

Tensu
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2012, 11:36 pm

And here I was hoping that show finally got canceled.

I find it hard to give a **** about character's whose ultimate fates I already know.

Grand_pilot
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

20 Sep 2012, 12:49 pm

One reason i did tune into the show was in the hopes of seeing the supporting cast (other Jedi's, clones, villains) have more screen time and character development. I think the villains, especially Ventress got the most character development. It was also fun to see Bobba Fett in a time period of his life that we knew practically nothing about.

Hasbro has stated they think this will be the final season.

Tensu
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2012, 9:52 pm

I think this show ruined Ventress. I'm tired of star wars killing off villains then bringing them back. The original clone wars developed Ventress all she ever needed to be. I liked it better when she was a wannabe sith rather than some nightsister-trained elite killing machine. I don't even consider the Ventress in the new clone wars to really be Ventress. and that goes triple for Grievous.

The names really grind my gears too. I mean Sa'vage Opress? REALLY?! :roll:

Grand_pilot
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

20 Sep 2012, 10:12 pm

I'm going to have to disagree with you there.I feel the clone wars actually added a more detailed origin and tried to make her more "human", more so after the annihilation of her tribe. I like that she became a bounty huntress. She went from wannabe sith to trying to find her place in the galaxy. In the comics Obi-Wan says he doesn't consider her truly evil, just misguided and afraid. And the nightsisters din't train her to be a killing machine, Dooku already did that. All the nightsisters did was help her attempt to assassinate Dooku.

Season 5, Ventress' fate seems to be going closer towards that of the dark horse comics, but that's just fan speculation based on the 2 previews.

Tensu
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2012, 10:41 pm

Huh, I never saw any episodes that actually developed Ventress. Most of the ones I saw just showed her killing people, and not in the frenzied, trying too hard to prove something way she did in the original clone wars, but in a calm or sadistic way that didn't feel at all like Ventress. And some of the diolouge in the nightsisters trilogy suggested she trained with them in the past. I also remember her wikipedia article mentioning it.

While I normally prefer my villains spiced with a little bit of sympathy, I think Ventress worked better as an unsympathetic villainess.