Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 

sErgEantaEgis
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

19 Sep 2012, 7:03 pm

Is there such a thing as people who are more attracted to Aspies? (Gender is irrelevant).

I dunno, this is just a weird question that popped-up in my head. I was curious.

I mean, surely there's someone out there who prefers to date/have sex with aspies, because if it exists, it's someone's fetish after all, but I just never heard of it personally.

Silhouette-Song
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

19 Sep 2012, 7:11 pm

I don't know if you can call it a fetish, but I think that there is some level of attraction I have towards Aspies and others are most likely the same.

Rorberyllium
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2012, 7:33 pm

If you can name it, someone out there has a fetish for it.

There are probably a lot of people out there who have a stronger attraction towards non-neurotypical people, but I don't know if many of them would outwardly identify as "aspie fetishists".

I definitely find certain aspects of it very attractive, but then again it might also be that I'm more accepting of it because i identify with it. In the same way I'm very submissive but seem to attract a lot of other naturally submissive people.

eric76
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2012, 8:06 pm

Rorberyllium wrote:
If you can name it, someone out there has a fetish for it.

I think you got that right.

I wouldn't be surprised if someone out there has a fetish for people working the crossword puzzle in a newspaper while waiting at a bus stop.

That's one reason why I don't work crossword puzzles at bus stops.

Titangeek
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2012, 10:45 pm

Oh god I hope so!

Also, rule #34.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

19 Sep 2012, 10:57 pm

I know me & some other Aspies would much rather be with a fellow Aspie; I don't feel compatible with typical NTs & I doubt one would ever be direct enough for me. Do Aspies & other nonNTs count for this post since we like people that are more relatable?

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

thewhitrbbit
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2012, 11:04 pm

Rule 34 :)

1000Knives
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2012, 11:11 pm

Wolfheart
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2012, 11:19 pm

I don't really know about AS in girls but I'm definitely into girls that have eccentric interests or stand out from the norm or generic without being afraid to express that.

foxfield
Toucan
Toucan

20 Sep 2012, 5:27 am

I don't think so

For example, some people think they have a fetish for policemen because they are turned on by - I don't know - the handcuffs, the trunchoen and the uniform. But there are policemen who don't carry handcuffs, or trunchoens, and who don't wear a uniform who will carry zero attraction for such people. So I think it is more accurate to describe these people as having a fetish for handcuffs + trunchoen + uniform rather than policemen as a whole.

Same goes for Aspie traits...

sudowoodo
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

20 Sep 2012, 6:07 am

My fiancé is more or less asexual and never had an interest in girls before me but he did say to himself years ago that if he ever went out with someone, he hoped they had Asperger's. He likes the eccentricity and the honesty. There's no games or manipulation with an Aspie.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2012, 2:02 pm

Of course there is. I have also heard of people being sexually attracted to a disability so they are with that person for that reason. I forget the term for it. Sometimes I joke about my husband having an aspie fetish because stuff about me turns him on. My meltdowns turn him on because they look like a toddler having a tantrum. My "hissy fits" turn him on. My childish quirks turn him on too.

And I have heard of aspies preferring to want to be with someone who has AS. I don't know if that would count as a fetish. I feel more sexually attracted to aspies but I am not married to one because I didn't limit myself to them. I have joked about being aspiesexual. A term I got on here from an NT who used it as a joke because her bf had it. I would consider myself as having an aspie fetish.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

outofplace
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2012, 2:45 pm

I'm definitely more attracted to someone who is quirky and has intense interests than to a "normal". The person could be an aspie or they might not. I just can't relate to ordinary people as their minds make no sense to me.